Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 05:54:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMS Silverstone  (Read 168835 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 06:36:26 pm »

My BRDC contact has drawn a blank (they don't have any space to let us have) but suggested someone at Silverstone Circuits, I need to find time to make a call though.   The other alternative would be the organising club as I'm not sure who hires what bits of land for the weekend. 

I'm not entirely confident that this is achievable. 

Del's plan B might be worth looking at. 
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 06:43:07 pm »

Oh well, we could always go mini cabbing between the circuit and the campsite Smiley

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 06:56:07 pm »

they don't have any space to let us have)

What a load of tosh. Are they are trying to to tell us they are expecting the place to be so full that they wont have space for a couple of dozen tents and vehicles? It's not as if we are asking for any facilities or the bar to be open. I would be prepared to pay a deposit, refundable if we left the site as we found it.

Bollocks to the soulless dump. I suggest we try to get a block booking at Whittlebury Hall. I have camped there before and it is not to much of a walk to the circuit.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 07:15:03 pm »

Have tried once more via email to find out why they won't let us camp there Undecided

Drinking for Holland
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 08:35:54 pm »

What a load of tosh etc. etc.

Nope my contact is BRDC and the land inside the circuit is controlled by Silverstone Circuits and/or the organising club (for the weekend) hence why if you read my post I've been pointed in the direction of someone at SCL.

I appreciate I've had a bad day and I'm in a shitty mood but frankly responses like that make it quite tricky for me to pull favours on behalf of the website. 

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 10:00:21 pm »

... I suggest we try to get a block booking at Whittlebury Hall. I have camped there before and it is not to much of a walk to the circuit.

Hi Bob,

about Whittle Hall: Is ist possible to walk from there to the circuit, how far is it about? What facilities do they have?

I'm seriously considering silverstone this year, haven't been there before

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 10:38:23 pm »

What a load of tosh etc. etc.

Nope my contact is BRDC and the land inside the circuit is controlled by Silverstone Circuits and/or the organising club (for the weekend) hence why if you read my post I've been pointed in the direction of someone at SCL.

I appreciate I've had a bad day and I'm in a shitty mood but frankly responses like that make it quite tricky for me to pull favours on behalf of the website. 

I did not mean to upset anyone with my post but it seems to me that, going by passed requests to Silverstone, whether it be to the BRDC or SCL, we have always been met with the same negative responce. We have asked on a number of occassions if we could be allowed to reserve an area so we, a bona fida club,  could be sited together and every time the answer has been no. I am quite happy to patronise Silverstone, and God knows they need it with Bernie always being negative about everything they try to do. Surely it is not too much to ask for a little customer relations and help for a considerable number of people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 10:49:38 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 12:22:46 am »

Give it a break please. As far as I understood Rick, you and I are trying to figure out where to stay (and why NOT the infield) during the LMS weekend at Silverstone. I think we all find it very frustrating not to get what seemed so easy to get back in '05.
Let's continue individually with our own means of courses to try and get to the infield anyway. It's the best we can do. And as far as I understood from Rick, BobU's alternative seems a lot better then Whittlebury  Undecided

Let's keep eachother posted here Wink

Drinking for Holland
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 07:46:16 am »

Sorry, I haven't read all the tosh on here  Grin  Wink so don't know if this is new. Has anyone tried Whittlebury (http://www.whittlebury.com/booking.html) ? This doesn't sound too bad. We should get a block booking.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 08:42:15 am »

Sorry, I haven't read all the tosh on here  Grin  Wink so don't know if this is new. Has anyone tried Whittlebury (http://www.whittlebury.com/booking.html) ? This doesn't sound too bad. We should get a block booking.

looks fine for me too. Bob wrote to me it's within walking distance of the trcak, so no need to commute by car/taxi all the time

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
rcutler
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 09:11:08 am »

Whittlebury Hall is a country club that runs a campsite for Silverstone. You can't even arrive when it is dark as they are worried about safety! (Yes I replied I have headlights you know!) and you must be quiet by 11pm!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 09:54:45 am »

The trouble is we're not a bona fide club, and in the scheme of a race meeting we're not "a considerable number of people".

Anyway, to move on - I've pm'd Rick, Del and Paddy a suggestion of who to talk to at SCL. 
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 10:21:04 am »

... and you must be quiet by 11pm!

that will be the difficult part... Angry

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 10:48:32 am »

Anybody knows how to contact that guy with his Chevy? Roll Eyes

That will teach them to tell us to be quiet by 11! Grin

Drinking for Holland
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 11:14:55 am »

Yes, I'll ask him kindly...  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: