Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:23:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Arnage server hosting - contributions gratefully received  (Read 46021 times)
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2007, 10:48:06 am »

Just tried to donate via PayPal but the "Recipient unable to receive fiunds" apparently...

Let us know when we can donaate and I am sure you will be flooded...
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2007, 10:59:19 am »

As soon as paypal is up and running, donation to the fighting fund will be on it's way.

IMHO any monies in excess of immediate requirements should be put in a reserve fund untill longterm finance is sorted out, and running smoothly. Once CA's future is safe, then a decission can be made whether to donate any excess money to charity, or prehaps keep a fund available for special circumstances, ie members losing money on t-shirts orders etc. I know that some members have been out of pocket in the past due to non payers etc. 
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2007, 12:15:04 pm »

I think some sort of committee would be a good idea. It would also mean that all of the CA merchandise could be organised from a central point of contact rather than several individuals all using up their own time (and often losing money in the process). Adding a couple of extra quid on the prices of things should fill the coffers nicely for the future. When you think how much some of us spend going to LM (Paddy!) I'm sure we won't miss the extra.

You don't get anything for nothing these days and it's not really fair that a couple of people have been running this site out of their own pockets while we enjoy it for free.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2007, 12:19:35 pm »

I used the link late last night, without any problems, well I hope there was not, got my pay pal reciept via e mail.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2007, 12:44:51 pm »

Just tried to donate via PayPal but the "Recipient unable to receive funds"

Just had the same response here  Huh

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2007, 12:49:16 pm »

Can't see anything beyond Brian's contribution.

I've spent a long time on the phone to them today. There are two items which I cannot reolve, which I am expecting them to remove from the limitation on receipt of an email. The third item is where I have to verify the amount of two payments into the registered bank account, which won't happen for three to 5 days; they tel; me that payments cannot be received until that's completed. Update to follow...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2007, 12:57:27 pm »

I have just had a long chat to Smokie on the phone.  He is obviously very busy not only with the immediate CA funding problem, but also with the small matter of earning a crust.  I have therefore volunteered - on a purely temporary basis - to begin the logistical business of setting up a fund-raising commitee.  Smokie and the "Big Cheese" are obviously concerned, particularly in view of the huge and heartwarming response to this thread, that everything is seen be clear and above board; also that the members have a proper input into current and any future funding - how we go about it, how the money is spent etc.

To this end, you will shortly see another sticky thread entitled "Fundraising Committee."  Initially, all we want are volunteers to kick the thing off.  We would like the commitee to be in place in time for the race so that they can begin to sort things out once everybody is back home.  Rather than nominating others, we have taken the executive decision of asking you to nominate yourselve, as much depends upon the time, enthusiasm and expertise which you are able to bring. "One volunteer is worth ten pressed men" as they say!

We would also be very interested to hear from anybody who has any financial expertise.  In view of the Pay-Pal problems which we are already experiencing, our own gut feeling is that it would be better if we could ultimately start our own bank account and have a credit card payment link on here, but our own expertise in this field is - shall we say - limited. Roll Eyes

Thanks on Smokie and Dave's behalf for all you have done so far.

I would stress again, that I am not taking this over, I am just here to start the ball rolling as I have, shall we say, a little more personal time than some.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2007, 01:40:10 pm »

Can't see anything beyond Brian's contribution.

I've spent a long time on the phone to them today. There are two items which I cannot reolve, which I am expecting them to remove from the limitation on receipt of an email. The third item is where I have to verify the amount of two payments into the registered bank account, which won't happen for three to 5 days; they tel; me that payments cannot be received until that's completed. Update to follow...

But of a ball*ache when you want to keept the impetus going, but that seems to be standard paypal operating practice when getting a verified account - never a problem thereafter, but a pain whilst waiting for it.   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2007, 02:29:41 pm »

OK, so I'm getting old and the years left diminish but I've sat and worked this out:-

If the powers that be grant me 10 years then that is 3650 days, forgetting the bonus day every four years.

If I can't afford around one half of one penny per day to help this site keep going then either I am already in deep doo-doo or else I should be giving economy lessons to Mr. E. Scrooge.

As and when the Paypal account is up and running you will have my contribution. I tried at 13.30BST today and it wasn't so I'll try tomorrow.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2007, 02:33:18 pm »

Probably not until the weekend. I have to wait for PayPal to pay in amounts to the bank account then verify the account.

I'll post when this is complete.

Sorry - I called them but that's the process and I'm stuck with it...  Angry
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2007, 02:58:12 pm »

Well there I was, lounging in the sun on a dive boat for a week.

I come back and, having read the responses so far, I'm overwhelmed at the generosity and kind words of fellow CA'ers.

It's these shows of solidarity that make this such a great web site and forum.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 03:27:33 pm »

How dire are these straits? Is this something that needs sorting out right now, or can it wait till after June?

Of course, all of our crew are willing to sell their bodies for a small fee over the race weekend, although most are slightly worn...
H

Part of the solution appears to be lying in your own hands Harry. No, not that, I'm simply suggesting that seeing as you're cycling to Le Mans, I'm kinda assuming you'd be more that willing to cycle back to Blighty? All in a good cause of course.

That aside, the response here has been typically fantastic; nothing ever surprises me as to the levels of friendship, generousity and helpfulness of CA and Le Mans people. It's nice to see the amount of folks coming out of the internet woodwork too, folk who don't post so often but who really do appreciate what CA can offer on so many different levels. Good on you all!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 03:34:17 pm »

I seem to have missed most of this.  On the basis that Smokie didn't have his begging bowl on friday, I assume its sorted.

Can we have a stickie for funding in the future

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 03:57:21 pm »

Still, it could be worse. At least Dire Straits aren't in Club Arnage. Not that I've got anything against them, I just think they've lost a lot of their appeal these days.

Although on second thoughts, if they were, perhaps they could have filled in on friday night and helped us raise money - selfish bastards.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2007, 03:58:07 pm »

assuming you'd be more that willing to cycle back to Blighty?

Holy Jesus Crack Smokin' Mary and Mother Of Mickey Rooney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: