Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 06:32:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fundraising Committee  (Read 49207 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2007, 10:46:25 am »

Do we need a vote?   I reckon there are 9 willing volunteers - it's a bit big but why not go with that for now?

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:12 am »

We (that's not the royal we) reckon that probably 5 is enough for the decision making process or it's gets very unwieldy.  But basically, every volunteer will be called upon to help!  The pole will open once I've heard from Smokie.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2007, 11:27:50 am »

As asked for here is a bit about me for those that don't know me.

Name --- Bob Underwood.

Age --- 55 (tomorrow).

Location --- Penn, Bucks.

I work as a sample bay manager for a company that manufactures food flavouring. I am responsible for ensuring that laboratory developed products are economically viabable to be reproduced in large amounts in a production enviroment.

Hobbies include Motor Racing, Skiing and Lager, in no particular order.

I have been a member of CA for about 4 years and was an occasional lurker on the old forum. This year will be my 16th visit to Le Mans for the 24 hours. I've never done the classic yet but intend to put that right next year. I'm not a techie on the cars I just like watching them and meeting like minded people.

I have met some of the friendliest and generous people I have ever known through CA and if I can help in any way to make sure that the forum continues to thrive I am prepared to do it.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2007, 11:41:05 am »

Hi all,  - I’m Neil – aka “nopanic”

Quick – CV  -Born 1962, in Bristol – ooh arrr – Now living in the North.

Did apprenticeship at BA – Heathrow Moved into sales of access platforms (cherry pickers) in the south. Moved north for my sanity in 96.

In my time of working for others, have done sales, marketing, and market research, writing press releases, business development, set up a new branch and made the tea.

Started my own business 5 years, building maintenance/handyman with my quiet Cherry Picker.

I’m not a petrol-head, last year I think I saw about 4hrs of the Le Mans race. All I know is the CA site keeps me fired up and does not take itself to serious. It also breaks down barriers; people really want to help everyone, genuinely.

What can I offer, being keen, honesty (so I can’t bribe u lot with beer Grin) and trying to keep it simple. I consider myself as a jack of many trades and would be happy to help in anyway.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2007, 01:07:40 pm »

Hi Everyone

I'm Mark and I've been a regular on this site for about 5 years now. A lot of you know me quite well already from various meetings, race trips and Le Mans itself, but for thise of you that don't, here goes.....

I turned the Big 40 this year and I'm an IT and Communications Manager for a Manufacturing company in Oxfordshire, although I live in Basingstoke, Hampshire.

This year will be my 7th Le Mans on the trot, together with two trips to Sebring and a smattering of LMES/LMS races. I enjoy the racing itself, but am equally, if not more, interested in the socail side of it all. This site has helped me form some strong friendships and bonds with people from all around the world, some of whom I would now class as some of my best friends. To me, Club Arnage is not a web forum, it is a way of life, and I will do everything within my power (wether I am elected to the committee or not) to ensure it stays online.

As well as my technical IT background, I have also been a Sales and Marketing manager in the industry, so I bring a braod spectrum of business experience. I have served on various committees at work, including Change Control and Program Management committees. Socially, I have been fixtures and cup secretary for our local pool league. Currently, I am the Chairman of a charitable trust, which involves the overseeing of a Local Community Centre, A Youth Group, various events (such as the annual Hatch Warren Beer Festival which I hope several of you will be attending again this year) and the building of a new Multi Use Games Area and a Youth Drop-In Centre.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2007, 09:03:37 pm »

Hi everybody,
I'm Ian I've been a CA member for about 4 years, Brad (my 25 year old "Boy") and I have been going to LM for 6 years, since we got feed up with been fleeced by Bernie. I love competitive motor sports (F1?Huh??) especially historic, and drag racing. Have been a member of "The Friends of Brooklands" for many years and find it a very evocative place.

Professionally I am an Engineer by trade and moved into technology sales and marketing 20 odd years ago.

With regard to the committee, I'm happy to rattle tins and contribute into discussions.

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2007, 08:51:56 pm »

Age --- 55 (tomorrow).

Happy birthday Bob!

A DFH representative would be really great....
Sorry for replying this late on the above. As you can probably understand I am really far too busy to get myself involved, and especially the long term commitment and responsibility make me thank for the offer. I will however be glad at all times to give my view if asked and needed.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 11:27:57 pm »

I did put myself up as a DfH-representative, but that post somehow dissapeared into the 'ideas' thread  Huh

But eventually the same as PAddy said goes for me. More then happy to help out on anything needed.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2007, 11:19:36 am »

A brief update just so you know we're doing something.  I'm going to chair the committee, MG Mark is your secretary and Delboy the treasurer.  We're just trying to get some systems set up at the moment and are working on the most urgent stuff in the run up to the race.  We aim to keep you posted with regular newsletters of some sort, plus accounts once they're set up.  Meanwhile, please keep the ideas coming. Smiley

Langtall - will be in touch with you about the Dutch link to the committee when we're sorted if you're happy to co-ordinate, thanks.  Sorry your post got missed in all the related threads.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 02:29:04 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2007, 11:23:13 pm »

A brief update just so you know we're doing something.  I'm going to chair the committee, MG Mark is your secretary and Delboy the treasurer.  We're just trying to get some systems set up at the moment and are working on the most urgent stuff in the run up to the race.  We aim to keep you posted with regular newsletters of some sort, plus accounts once they're set up.  Meanwhile, please keep the ideas coming. Smiley

Langtall - will be in touch with you about the Dutch link to the committee when we're sorted if you're happy to co-ordinate, thanks.  Sorry your post got missed in all the related threads.
No problem Debs.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2007, 10:39:05 am »

Just a brief update of what's going on before I get my head down for the real business of CA on Monday!!

We decided after a lot of reflection, not to go ahead with the flyers, for one or two reasons.  Firstly, the time problem - we weren't sure we could get anything really professional looking done in the time; secondly, there was some worry about a littler problem; also, the site is really slow at the moment and a flood of new members could be a bit disappointed if they couldn't get on!

We did think the business cards would be good and hopefully Doris will be able to bring some along, although she's got computer problems at present. 

If anybody is capable of producing some - CA logo on one side and "Meet at the Champagne Bar, 21.00 Saturday" on the back - at such short notice, please do so!

JP Chenet is appearing on John Hindhaugh's programme on RLM on Thursday, probably between 12.00 and 14.00, so please help boost listener numbers and when he's on, turn your ghetto blasters up so your neighbours can hear!

Wing Commander Mark has drafted a "consitution" for the committee which we're considering and hopefully will agree by the week after the race.

We are having our first informal meeting on Mad Friday.

Smokie and I had a long meeting with the Big Cheese during PQ weekend.  We were re-assured that he's still firmly commited to CA and he has some good ideas for enhanced facilities for members.  He's behind the idea of re-vamping the "Welcome" pages on the site so we can attract people who aren't necessarily "forum joiners" but would be interested in the other things we do.

The Guide is just bound to do the biggest and best PR job for us, so - and I don't think this can be said often enough - the committee's thanks to Werner and Peter for a stonking publication.  CA is rightly proud of your efforts - there must be a few professional motor sports journalists who are hanging their heads in shame now they've seen how it should really be done!

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2007, 10:45:26 am »

Whoops - forgot one really important thing -
The fund will need a consant trickle of money to keep up and running so our efforts are only just beginning.  Please continue to give to the server fund when you can.  We can collect cash and cheques during race week - please see any committee member - but preferably DelBoy as he's acting as banker over race week.

Thanks again for you suport. Smiley

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2007, 11:29:27 am »

I can get 500 business cards delivered by monday if I order before 2pm. I can then get them to JPC for arrival at Le Mans thursday. I've PM'd Paddy for the original version of his logo but until then it would look like the attached.

* CA Business Card Back.jpg (32.96 KB, 240x155 - viewed 327 times.)

* CA Business Card Front.jpg (31 KB, 240x155 - viewed 282 times.)

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2007, 11:36:35 am »

TOP STUFF Robspot!  That would be really great - looks good!

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2007, 11:39:00 am »

Lookks good Rob. One suggestion. Do we need the words "Or better still" I think it would be better just to say "Come and meet us"  Any thoughts anyone?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: