Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 11:06:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Monaco GP - Review Thread  (Read 8675 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 01:19:10 pm »

OK - so the action hasnt even started yet, so its too early to comment on the race, but WFT has Jackie Stewart got on his head for a hat!!!  Looks like a Russ Abbott cast off.....  Shocked

Doesnt he have any mirrors in his house?

F
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:40:12 pm »

Its his favourite I think, we had a snigger at it at Knockhill last summer. It was roasting too- not hat weather for sure!
Hamiltons first win today? The backlash starts here!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:19:39 pm »

I am cheering for Hamilton and Spyker Cheesy
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 02:47:46 pm »

Yep - I can go for supporting both of those as well! 

Has Coulthard crashed/broken down yet? 

F

P.S.  LOVE the Iveco/All Blacks advert - tho you probably wont see that in NL.   Undecided
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 03:08:12 pm »

Just had a thought... dont you have to give a bit of support to Toyota for the sake of Martijn DfH?   Lips Sealed

F
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 04:43:24 pm »

Said it all about GP racing today, when James Allen said, "Thats all the pit stops completed, so this looks like the finishing order unless anyone dares a passing manuever. " Thats with over 20 laps left . GP's that boring that there aren't any changes for position on the track anymore.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 04:47:59 pm »

Yawn-o-rama race; good result.  It keeps peeing with rain here, why not Monaco? - would have cheered the thing up a bit.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 04:54:37 pm »

Yep - Dullsville indeed.  Esp since (we are told) Alonson and Hamilton werent even trying from lap 10 onwards cos the team knew they had won!!!!

DC moaning as usual - surprise surprise - not his fault.....

Nice to see Hammy do well tho.

F
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 05:06:30 pm »

Just had a thought... dont you have to give a bit of support to Toyota for the sake of Martijn DfH?   Lips Sealed

F

Why not Smiley i'll cheer for trulli next time
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 05:37:50 pm »

F

Why not Smiley i'll cheer for trulli next time

It looks as if they need all the help they can get!!  Cool
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 07:41:56 pm »

Well I really enjoyed it, in the same way that I really enjoy other well known motor races - I slept from just after the start until the post race interviews!!   Grin
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 08:44:37 pm »

I've been saying for years that Monaco should be hoisted off the GP calendar.  Whats the point of holding a race on a track where you cannot overtake.

Just been watching Indy 500 and saw lots of overtaking, not that I'm advocating that driving around in circles constitutes skillful driving.  I reckon you could strap a chimp in an Indy 500 car and he'd have a chance ( .....and now I await the reposte from our American cousins !!!!)

Jem
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 09:14:07 pm »

On a personal note i now have something in common with Graham Hill. I was doing some contract work at Mclaren earlier this year and did some work on the making of the chassis. In the past i have worked on one Le Mans winner and two Indy winners. So can claim to have won the the big three races. Do i get a cigar.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 02:07:56 am »

I've been saying for years that Monaco should be hoisted off the GP calendar.  Whats the point of holding a race on a track where you cannot overtake.

Just been watching Indy 500 and saw lots of overtaking, not that I'm advocating that driving around in circles constitutes skillful driving.  I reckon you could strap a chimp in an Indy 500 car and he'd have a chance ( .....and now I await the reposte from our American cousins !!!!)

Jem
Have a chance at what ? Crashing it, yes the chimp would have a good chance at that !

Driving it fast however takes skill. Indy is the toughest track to drive as all four corners are different to drive even if they look the same. The grove is real narrow and you have to hit your marks at over 230 mph, get off line by inches and you are a passenger and going into the wall. All this changes during the race and the track drives differently depending on abient temperatures and wind speed and direction.

So ask Dario or Dan if driving at Indy involves skill, or go and call them chimps, and see how they respond.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04:50 am »

On a personal note i now have something in common with Graham Hill. I was doing some contract work at Mclaren earlier this year and did some work on the making of the chassis. In the past i have worked on one Le Mans winner and two Indy winners. So can claim to have won the the big three races. Do i get a cigar.
A cigar at the very least, Rhino.  Congratulations. Cool

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: