Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 01:22:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help after accident  (Read 12154 times)
wilsongj

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:47:11 pm »

Hi All, Can anyone help? At the 1999 rece, I had a motorbike accident on the road backing onto Hou annex campsite (just after the bend. Whilst laying there all bashed some guys in (I think a white stag ) took a message to my mates on the campsite. I would like to thank them. As my mates came and eased my way to hospital, by making sure the law did not prevent me being put in the meat waggon(amongst other things, my lungs had been crushed and I could'nt speak and they thought I was being awkward!) Again thanks guys
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:31 pm »

Glad to know you're around to tell the tail. Smiley  I'll keep my eye out for a white Stag this year and try to pass on your message (as I'm sure other CA'ers will too.)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:38:57 am »

Hi All, Can anyone help? At the 1999 rece, I had a motorbike accident on the road backing onto Hou annex campsite (just after the bend. Whilst laying there all bashed some guys in (I think a white stag ) took a message to my mates on the campsite. I would like to thank them. As my mates came and eased my way to hospital, by making sure the law did not prevent me being put in the meat waggon(amongst other things, my lungs had been crushed and I could'nt speak and they thought I was being awkward!) Again thanks guys

Hope you're OK now, I know what an experience that is having spent 7 months in hospital due to a silly old lady in a moggie 1000 in 1976.

Being a member of the Triumph Sports Six Club, I shall pass this message on via their forum and we'll see if we can trace them.

I hope that hasn't stopped you comming to LM though.

Jerry

Message sent at 0112hrs UTC 30th May '07.

Hi all,

This request came through 'Club Arnage' this evening and I thought you guys/dolls could help.

I know the 'occurance' happened in 1999 but;

Quote:-

Hi All, Can anyone help? At the 1999 rece, I had a motorbike accident on the road backing onto Hou annex campsite (just after the bend. Whilst laying there all bashed some guys in (I think a white stag ) took a message to my mates on the campsite. I would like to thank them. As my mates came and eased my way to hospital, by making sure the law did not prevent me being put in the meat waggon(amongst other things, my lungs had been crushed and I could'nt speak and they thought I was being awkward!) Again thanks guys.

If anyone can help please contact me.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 02:59:43 am by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andyc33
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 04:00:13 pm »

I know a group of guys who go every year and usually in a white stag although they have been known to use a topless Landrover. Last year they also took an old lotus. Their names are Carl (Stag/Landrover) and Will (Lotus). Great buch of guys who seem to get everywhere through the weekend. It sounds like they are the group you are looking for

I may have some contact details at home, I will look them out this evening. Otherwise they will almost certainly be about this year just keep your eyes open.
WillB5000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 06:57:32 pm »

Yep - pretty sure that was us (as per Andy's post) ... sounds familiar anyway!

White Stag 7 or 8 years ago sounds about right too. Stag still going strong (honest) but I'm in a '72 Elan Sprint now... will try to attach pics. (Andy, is that you in the corner of the pic taken at the Hquin fountain?!)

BUT looks like we may miss this year - first time for 15 years - so beers will have to stay on ice 'til 2008.

Have a grand time & glad you're OK! Cheers

W

* Stag_lotus.JPG (180.21 KB, 394x295 - viewed 954 times.)

* by_fountain.jpg (141.58 KB, 472x320 - viewed 830 times.)
Andyc33
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

Yes, that looks like me, looking as gormless as usual after a hot Friday afternoon at the Harlequin.

The Slug said you lot had opted out this year, you know you will be kicking yourselves come the weekend!

See you in 12 and bit months then.

Andy
wilsongj

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:48 pm »

Magic ! Thanks chaps, I don't think I can get to the race this year, Went last year, just hopped in the car and drove up the road (yes, heaven, I now live about three and a half hours away in a place called Saintes, restoring a farmhouse and we have a gite, gitefor2.co.uk) I also went to the classic, just as good. Ended up working on a Lola. I used to be a race mechanic in the Group C days have done four Le Mans 24 hours, though never got to the end) I hope I can get in touch with you all. Anyway will be there for sure in 08.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: