Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 07:11:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer cooling methods  (Read 6696 times)
Papa Lazarou

Driving slowly to make you all look faster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 11:37:25 pm »

Well, we actually use quite a bit of dry ice at work for, wait for it, keeping things cold...

Apart from the obvious "oh damnation, it's stuck to my hand" and "I feel like I'm suffocating, oh I am suffocating" problems with it, it's great.  Not really a goer for Le Mans though, because as BigH said, where would we get it, and I'm not going to try to sneak a bootful of the stuff out of work and onto an overnight ferry!  I can see me trying to start my car and finding that my petrol's frozen and I have a colony of emporere penguins living on the back seat of the Celica.  So, I think it may be a combination of a bucket of salty iced water, the Stella bar, and the often over-looked "where's the nearest CA flag - I'll scrounge a cold one over there" method.

See you here.  I'll be the one with my hands covered in freezer burns...
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 01:24:55 pm »

This looks interesting just a shame it miller who are using it, technology to rescue again. Might upset the on-site beer vendors though and all self cooling technology will be banned by the ACO as it's not in the spirit of the event on 24hrs of drinking.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/miller-beer-soon-in-selfcooling-cans-168882.php

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 01:43:54 pm »

... buckets of water, dry ice, fridges ... hey, wake up guys, we live in the 21st century. Think big Grin Grin

by the way - Cooling trailers like the one on the pic don't need a nuclear power plant to run, this one is less than 0.2 KW, so even a very small genny can feed it. There are renting agencies for those.

* lm2003_04b.jpg (31.28 KB, 700x450 - viewed 230 times.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:53:47 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 02:42:25 pm »

Reminds me of our darkest hour back in '04. Sunday night on the wasteland that just a few hours before had been Bleu Sud. Out of food and 3 warm stubbies between 6, just lost to Les Bleus at footie, had a big fight with one of our group and pikeys everywhere. Then when all seemed lost, 2 Aussies with a chiller van pulled up, they were desperately trying to get rid of a mountain of ice cold stella at 15 euro a case!   It was the coldest most loveliest beer ever! A miracle of biblical proportions.   

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: