Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 02:35:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speedferry Ticket  (Read 3202 times)
Doh!
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 12:26:03 am »

I have a Speedferry ticket available to anyone at cost if you can use it (£54). We've had to switch to Eurotunnel due to work commitments.

Outbound Thurs 14th 10:40
Return Mon 18th 20:50

3 adults, 1 standard car

I went across last week and there were no checks of booking details (or passports until you got to France) other than the booking ref. When I booked the ticket this was the only outbound left as I'd left it too late  Sad

Came back via Mulsanne, Arnage, Porsche Curves, Maison Blanc & Museum on the Sat before the practice and it all looked very familiar except if you used the water tower as a land mark on the way out of the city - it's not there anymore!!

Rich
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 01:33:00 am »

Not trying to spike this sale, but Speedferries usually charge a fee for changing details on a booking - £10 IIRC. The bulk tickets I bought had to either include the car of the purchaser or the purchaser himself I think.  It would be risky trying to use a ticket for a different car. So worth checking beforehand.
Doh!
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 02:20:04 pm »

Hi - yes you are correct re the £10 admin fee if you were trying to move it, but there are no sailings closer to the event itself they were fully booked as soon as they became available. As it stands this ticket/booking is valid.

I travelled on Speedferry last week from the former hovercraft landing stage and I wasn't challenged in any respect to vehicle reg, booking details or even passport on the UK side - they just confimed the number of passengers and the vehicle type against the booking ref. Last year we changed the vehicle and there was no admin fee. I guess the basics hadn't changed just the detail??  Huh

I only want to help if someone can use the ticket, if not, no great deal. Chalk it up to experience in not booking sooner  Wink

Cheers
Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: