Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 11:26:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D type accident during the circuit parade Saturday.  (Read 3102 times)
lynxd67

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2007, 06:25:26 pm »

If anyone had got over their hangover and saw the incident which was reported to me today I'd be very glad to hear more about it. I understand, but need confirmation, that the 1957 Ecurie ecosse D type and the JDHT prototype OVC 501 had quite a coming together at the Dunlops. It could be false or perhaps different cars, but any confirmation would be handy please.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 01:35:40 pm »

One of the D types did have a coming together with a green car but it was in the pre race historic race? it also looked to spin later and the last time I saw it with a stoved in nearside wing, it was putting out a lot of blue smoke, possibly from the front tyre but it looked more like engine trouble.
That race was really great and for once we had an unrestricted view of the straight from the stairs of the first grandstand.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:08:22 pm »

One D type as I recall failed to make the start until it was pushed by the marshalls to get it running. From my view point as the cars set off from the echelon formation the driver appeared to be in reverse, the rear of the car  hit the pit wall when he let the clutch out and then the car stalled.

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 02:32:11 pm »

24Hourman, I'm pretty sure I passed you going up a hill on the motorway, Did you notice a red Frogeye passing you?  You sounded a bit sick and quite guiltilly I passed you without checking you were ok as I was cutting it very fine for the ferry. My apologies.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 03:41:31 pm »

24Hourman, I'm pretty sure I passed you going up a hill on the motorway, Did you notice a red Frogeye passing you?  You sounded a bit sick and quite guiltilly I passed you without checking you were ok as I was cutting it very fine for the ferry. My apologies.

I had dreadful problems with my car an intermittent misfire which I could not resolve even after changing everything electrical that was possible. It turned out to be a broken wire from the ignition that was not evident as it was broken inside the cable the vibration of the road etc. made the break either be in contact or not as the case may be. However we did get back safely in the end however it took an age what with queues at the peage and the traffic in Rouen. Although I missed my 6.20pm ferry and eventually managed the 9.15pm the car drove perfectly for long periods then just spluttered and was then undrivable. Hence at times I was travelling very slowly with my brother in the back up van covering my rear with its hazards on. I do remember you passing by and appreciate your thoughts on my predicament.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: