Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 05:58:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who got done for speeding this year?  (Read 14804 times)
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2007, 01:59:27 am »

I'll start (unless otherwise directed)!

ME 750€ outside Sees 184kmh, 11.15hrs. Was I shown evidance "non". Pay or Prison !!!!!
Cedarman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:44:31 am »

Bellend,

Which road, which date?  I was lucky to have some unfortunate in a 355 save me from a pull around 6pm on the A28.

ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:55:23 am »

the  :police:s were making a nice little earner for their Christmas fund yesterday afternoon on the A28 - Gendarme hidden at the side of the road a few kms shy of the toll booths, then a couple of his buddies standing by the booths waving cars into the layby on the other side, to be apprehended. Saw a couple of 911s and Fezzas get pulled but fortunately my own little convoy went unmolested...

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 08:38:42 am »

Our man in his M6 got flashed by a camera on the peage north of Paris, waiting to see what comes in the post.

Jem
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 08:53:39 am »

I was flashed a total of 3 times over test weekend and last week. I still can't find out for sure whether these fines can now reach you at home...
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:54:02 am »

A friend got fined €750 for doing 140mph, not told his wife yet

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 10:11:53 am »

Bellend,

Which road, which date?  I was lucky to have some unfortunate in a 355 save me from a pull around 6pm on the A28.

N138 (north of Alencon - just outside Sees), 11.15am.
There was a 355 captured in there too!
One bloke in a TVR got 1500€ fine, christ knows what speed he was doing.
Rich - Team Gulp Racing
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 10:25:55 am »

Two of Team Gulp Racing on their motorbikes got pulled on the N138 south of Sees, at about 5pm on Sunday.

They were riding in close proximity.

One got a €90 fine. The other got €750 fine and his license confiscated. The Gendarme decided they were travelling at different speeds - they didn't know enough French to be able to argue their case.

Team Gulp Racing     - Established 1997

Le Mans 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007...
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 10:37:58 am »

Interesting comments above. Martini, if your friend got a 750€ fine (which is correct) but at 140 mph I am pretty sure that his licence was taken off him on the spot. Either that or his speed wasn't as high since up to about 100mph they are fairly tolerant. Perhaps he forgot to tell you his licence is missing?

Smokie, you are going, for the time being, to be lucky. The agreement between various european contries was signed several years back but it is a matter of getting the computers to talk to each other and it seems at the moment they are now going to wait for the European licence to settle the matter for once and for all.

Bellend, your mate, if he bothers to pursue the matter, will probably get a 50% rebate on his fine. Most courts here in France limit fines for speeding to 750€. I know - I paid 1,500€ on the spot but was finally fined 750€ in court but it took two years of fighting to get the overpayment back, so slow is the french system. Even then they deducted a 60€ admin fee!

Rich, the normal procedure if his licence was taken off him is to apply for it back from the British embassy in three months. However, perhaps he just "lost" it and should apply to the DVLA for a duplicate?

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 10:53:58 am »

Interesting comments above. Martini, if your friend got a 750€ fine (which is correct) but at 140 mph I am pretty sure that his licence was taken off him on the spot. Either that or his speed wasn't as high since up to about 100mph they are fairly tolerant. Perhaps he forgot to tell you his licence is missing?

Yes, they took his licence as well, said they would post it back. I think he expects it to be a week or so!?

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Ant FR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 10:56:48 am »

yeah my mate got his licence taken off him a couple of years back. But the DVLA were told it was lost and it has never reappeared since.  We did'nt see one single police car ont he way back on sunday, but then the conditions were pretty atrocious, so they porobably stayed in waiting for you lot on the monday.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 11:02:46 am »

A friend got fined €750 for doing 140mph, not told his wife yet

>Martini...

Odds on that she knows now. It was reported in The Sun yesterday

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 12:28:30 pm »

Only saw a few police around on the run back this year, although we did have leave a tad earlier than normal.  Still didn't stop me setting off one of the fixed cameras that I had forgotten adorn the approaches to the single lane bridges on the A28.  Given what has been posted above about computers not talking to each other and that I could only have been about 10mph over the 90kph limit there, fingers crossed it will not come to anything. 

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Ant FR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 01:00:26 pm »

so how many people alter their plates when they get to france?Huh
DJFish
CA Veteran

I've never been anywhere near a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 01:20:21 pm »

N138 (north of Alencon - just outside Sees), 11.15am.
There was a 355 captured in there too!
One bloke in a TVR got 1500€ fine, christ knows what speed he was doing.

I passed a 355 that had been pulled,was that you sat in the van filling out forms just after the short stretch of dual cariageway?

Me 'n a mate were pinged just up the road by an unmarked car with a laser, €135 each and a world of pisstaking from my dad, regardless of his fatherly advice I still maintain that it is infact both big and clever.

Dave
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: