Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:13:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations Radio Le Mans and the ACO too...  (Read 9690 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 10:33:01 am »

I too thought the coverage was excellent this year although I  have never had cause to complain in the past. LM would not be the same without it. Well done to all. Signal strength was much better, you could pick it up as far as Spay.

The final caller doing the Henri impression was great and lifted the spirits of 6 very wet lads with 600 miles to drive to get home!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 01:05:54 pm »

At the DfH camp it was not always on because of the rain (sound installation protection) but when it was on it was great!

I laughed my pants off when some bloke called in to have the RLM team say hello to his wife at the circuit and the presentator really performed his most unearthy and dark HELLOOOWRH Cheesy
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 01:43:21 pm »

RLM has always been a strong part of the LM experience for me and this year I thought it was especially good, the updates were reliable and the banter was amusing - well done, look forward to again next year.
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 02:38:04 pm »

agreed, good coverage, especially for those of us stuck at home and listening via the web.

thanks!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 05:37:09 pm »

Although I left before the end I sat and listened to RLM up to the end somewhere on the outskirts of Le Mans.

Now, that proves something...
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 07:21:59 pm »

They all did a top job this year, it wouldn't be the same without them and we even had the 24 hrs at the Ring as a warm up this year!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 07:46:28 pm »

Well done to RLM from me too.

What I would like to know is who the RLM source that forecast on sunday that the rain would come at 1pm.  Whoever it was I would listen to their advice again.  It was accurate to the minute!!!!

Dave

I'll second that Dave, I wonder if they can forcast the Lotto numbers for next Saturday?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 10:41:42 pm »

As one of last year's critics of the RLM coverage, may I offer my congratulations to Hindy and the rest of the crew for an excellent return to form.

Thankyou for listening.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 10:12:54 am »

I particularly liked the 'slip of the tongue' references to the Bentley when talking about Puegeot.

Great job again!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 12:20:52 pm »

I listened to more RLM this year than I have for a long time. Congratulations and thanks. Great coverage, a vast improvement. Just goes to show that constructive critisism rather than general slagging off pays dividends.

BTW Hindy, as your weather forcast was so accurate on Sunday can you arrange for some sun in Wycombe this weekend? Cool

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 01:38:56 pm »

Although I left before the end I sat and listened to RLM up to the end somewhere on the outskirts of Le Mans.

Smokie, for future reference, we always stop at a cafe/bar at (I think) St Jean D'Asse, about 12 clicks up the N138 from the Buffalo Grill roundabout.  Watch the end on TV with a cold pression in hand.  While the safety car was out, they showed highlights ie both Audis crashing out, fire in the pits etc.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
delaney64

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 11:07:14 pm »

The guy who predicted the weather was their tech bloke Carl Landsbert. Obviously he's the person to have in charge of those things!
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 12:05:51 am »

The guy who predicted the weather was their tech bloke Carl Landsbert. Obviously he's the person to have in charge of those things!

He was accurate to the minute, pitty the Met' Office doesn't employ him, the weather forecast might become enjoyable.

To help them out last year, I bought one of their radios.  It's superb.

Jerry
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:25:38 am by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 09:06:56 am »

I can only echo all of the above comments. We listened most of the week/weekend and found the hourly updates (almost) on time and very useful especially during the heavier deluges when sheltering out of sight of the track/screens. We all particually enjoyed some of the more bizarre phone in's after the race while stuck in the traffic to get out, made being queue-bound a little more bearable.

Well done all, please keep it up for next year
Jager

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 03:57:58 pm »

The combination of RLM an the big TV screens was great. Much better than on my last visit in 2005 when I simply endured the public PA system. My only disappointment was not being able to pick up th RML signal on the TGV back to Paris on Sunday when I had to leave before the end of the race (although at least I missed the rain).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: