Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 09:03:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Britcar 24hr 7-9th September  (Read 12631 times)
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:32:43 am »

Is anyone going to the Britcar 24r race at Silverstone in a few weeks time?

Following on from our successful début in 24hr 2CV racing earlier in the year, for the Britcar race I have two Porsche 968s running in PS1 Class 2 under Team County EMC Motorsport.

The entry list looks quite good at the moment, with some of the usual heavyweights all set to battle it out across most of the classes. If anyone is going to be there, feel free to come say hello. I'll confirm what pit garage allocation we have once I get the final list from the organisers.

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 11:40:44 am »

Which car were you running at the 2CV's? I was there taking lots of photo's. See here:

http://www.totalsportscar.com/

I will not be at Silverstone for the 24 Hour Cry I am away with work that weekend. Have fun.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:36:10 pm »

I will be up at Silverstone. We should of been running young Tom Dunstan in a BMW in the Dutch Supercar Cup, that is supporting the 24hr, but that the car owner has pulled out. Angry

So I guess we might be kicking our heals a bit, so well drop by to say hi to you RichUK - not short of a driver are you?

Rick sorry you can not get back in time, must catch up for a beer soon.

rcutler
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 05:45:43 pm »

How about the weekend after for the LMS Weekend? I WILL BE BACK!
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 07:10:06 pm »

Rick, that sounds like a plan!

To bring this thread back on track, who else is going?

I can not see there being too many punters there, what with Sillystone 1000k on the next weekend. It is a shame that it wont be that busy, there is a real potential to make this into a great event, if only either BRDC or EERC took the bull by the horns and promoted it, sorry I forgot that that word PROMOTION is not in the UK motorsports dictioary................sorry ill get of my soap box know

But they should break the 98 they had in 2005

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 09:00:28 pm »

Oi don't start  Grin

The problem with promoting the Britcar 24 is that you could do so till the cows come home and still only get one man and his dog through the gate.  It's just not really interesting enough for joe public.

We won't be there but will be the following weekend  Grin
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 10:38:19 pm »

I might make an appearance during the evening.  Then again I might not.  Will see A: what the weather is doing and B: how I feel after spending the earlier part of the day at Wembley.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 11:21:51 am »

Is anyone going to the Britcar 24r race at Silverstone in a few weeks time?

Following on from our successful début in 24hr 2CV racing earlier in the year, for the Britcar race I have two Porsche 968s running in PS1 Class 2 under Team County EMC Motorsport.

The entry list looks quite good at the moment, with some of the usual heavyweights all set to battle it out across most of the classes. If anyone is going to be there, feel free to come say hello. I'll confirm what pit garage allocation we have once I get the final list from the organisers.

woohoo, bring it on! Smiley
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 11:54:46 am »

Weekend tickets are £10.00 (as opposed to £35) for Daily sportcar subscribers, btw.  Check out the website for the link and codes.
www.dailysportscar.com

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 03:00:34 pm »

For amusement value, Team Top Gear have entered a BMW 330 diesel, Clarkson/Hammond/May/Stig  Grin
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 07:15:07 pm »

Latest entry list on the EERC website suggests that its car no 78..
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 10:11:17 pm »

For amusement value, Team Top Gear have entered a BMW 330 diesel, Clarkson/Hammond/May/Stig  Grin

Ahhh now they struggled with this when they tried this for the 2CV 24 as under MSA regulations a driver must be entered and listed in the programme (or amendments to programme) under the name shown on his or her race licence meaning that the Stig had to be entered under the name on their licence not "the Stig" as they wanted.

I wonder if they've solved that this time!
rcutler
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 10:17:04 pm »

I doubt it would be a problem, the 100 or so people that are likly to go to the Britcar 24 probably know who the stig is anyway!
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 07:54:36 am »

Perhaps Perry McCarthy can change his name by Deed Poll, must check the Evening Standard to see if someone applies to have their surname as "Stig" and their first name as "The"  Wink

Could have interesting possibilities for a Passport as well, photographed Taleban-style c/w helmet  Roll Eyes
keithk
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 07:58:31 am »

Ahhh now they struggled with this when they tried this for the 2CV 24 as under MSA regulations a driver must be entered and listed in the programme (or amendments to programme) under the name shown on his or her race licence meaning that the Stig had to be entered under the name on their licence not "the Stig" as they wanted.

I wonder if they've solved that this time!

So then will Ben Collins, Neil Cunningham or Aaron Scott be in the seat or all three!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: