Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 03:24:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmm Maison Blanche 2008?  (Read 6453 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:03:14 am »

Someone on another forum indicated that the ACO had told him that there were "issues" about MB camping for 2008 which seemed odd as the site is owned by the ACO.

This though, might be the reason...this is copied and pasted from the ACO press release...

"Inauguration of the Maison-Blanche track: the Maison-Blanche layout, a driving school near the Bugatti circuit, will be revamped during the 2007/2008 winter: It will be extended and will have different access roads to enable several layouts to be used. It will also have 4 permanent pits, new guardrail and gravel traps. The aim is to use it to complement the Bugatti circuit in the context of the diversification of activities offered by the ACO (different training courses, driving school, club activities, etc.)."

Looks like that will have an effect on MB camping next year.  Hopefully less of an issue for DfH and you chaps over there but more of a problem for those of us who inhabit the Triangle.   

I can't decide whether I think this says that they might be planning to extend the Bugatti circuit and to enable them to use part of the MB circuit as an add on to the Bugatti??   My understanding is that the Bugatti circuit is felt to be too short and an extension might help - presumably linking someone around the Porsche Curves.   Perhaps that's not what is intended though? 
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 10:22:36 am »

So first they close down Houx Annexe, and then they make Maison Blanche smaller by implementing gravel traps? And all this after their proud announcement of the number of visitors at the race? Huh
Only positive subject is more exits, a large fire would make things rather crowded at the current exit.

We should be okay though, cannot imagine they will make a gravel trap on the inside of the corner Undecided
http://www.drinkingforholland.com/Paddy/MaisonBlancheLeeg.jpg
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:24:38 am by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:36:45 am »

For you French speakers there is more detail of the Bugatti works (at Garage Vert) in this piece
http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/actu/2007-10-09_GD_2479_fr.html

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:52:11 am »

Following Termies link this is what babelfish has to say, you'l get the drift..............................

"Traditionally, the Trophy Inter-Stable comes to enclose the sporting season of the Bugatti circuit, but this year, it will have an additional value symbolic system: it is the last go before the beginning of great work of the turn of the Garage-green. In conformity with the spirit of the Car Club of the West, the Trophy Inter-Stables is the gathering on the track of the Bugatti circuit of all the pilots fired in an Automobile Sports association affiliated with the ACO. The plates will be very varied with private cars (groups A/FA-GT-HC, Coupes of mark, N/FN, F/F2000), single-seaters of Formula 3, Formule Renault and Ford (groups D/E), and small boats (groups C/C3). 30 minutes the free tests are programmed saturdays, then all the timed tests are envisaged Sunday morning, and finally the races on 8 lathes (or 20 minutes according to the category) will proceed Sunday afternoon. Ensured convivial environment, and like everyone dreams of a victory in Bugatti, there will be spectacle and brawl on the track... For the spectators, the entry on the circuit and the carpark will be completely free saturdays 27 and Sunday October 28. Thus, at the end of the Trophy Inter-Stables, work will begin from modification of the layout of the turn of the Garage-green. This one will be moved to offer a broad release on the left side of the track and outside the curve. Financed by the Mixed Trade union of the 24 Hour old circuit of Mans, owner of the circuit, at the request of the ACO, at a total cost of 4,8 million euros, this work will preserve at identical the drawing out of U of this turn, and 750 m of track will be directed towards the east, slightly modifying the linear length of the layout of the Bugatti circuit. To this place, the track will pass to 12 m broad, and with the entry of the turn, a bituminous mix extra width of 5 m is envisaged (including 2 m covered of synthetic grass), plus 15 m of gravel vat. In the curve itself, the external gravel vat will pass from 52,50 m to 75 m, with 20 m of extra width out of bituminous mix. This last will benefit the motor bikes as with the cars, in forecast of inevitable exits beyond the vibrators, without the risk of stagnation in the gravels. Safety will thus leave gaining all this work as of the reopening of the circuit in March 2008. In addition, this new Garage-green falls under a total project of creation of a new entry éponyme (side is Bugatti circuit), with some steps of the terminus of the tram. The spectators will be able to thus come directly to the circuit by public transport. An access for the people to reduced mobility is envisaged, as well as the possibility of establishment of a provisional platform of more than 2 000 places, and the startup of a new tunnel which will make it possible to pass under the track to go up to the Dunlop footbridge via the two already existing tunnels. The detail of the schedules, the bulletin of inscription and the particular payment are downloadable in our special file: click here"
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:01:26 pm »

So first they close down Houx Annexe, and then they make Maison Blanche smaller by implementing gravel traps?

You can come and join all us HA boys camping on the new Houx Annexe Annexe  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 12:22:29 pm »

Isn't garage vert near Houx, so the changes to the Bugatti circuit, aren't at the Ford End.  Help

My guess with MB, is they want to make an "Autodrome" where people can play around/have lessons etc without going on the circuit.  Strangely the MB track seems to have used part of the circuit but was fenced off near DfH.

I can camp in gravel, but isn't MB the HA Annexe
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:36:08 pm by Lorry » Logged

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 12:36:37 pm »

Garage Vert is part of the infield between the Esses and Dunlop Bridge and is part of the Bugatti Circuit. It is used during the 24 hrs as a car park. The entrance is first right on the HA access road

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:21:09 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 12:44:12 pm »

Hmmm - I can see Camping Bleu becoming somewhat less "select" in future.   Undecided

F
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 01:08:34 pm »

Wish they would add a tunnel from MB to KN ....  Sad
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:53:48 pm »

What on earth was going on this year in the middle of MB, with the roped off enclosure of what looked like a load of rabbits on a camping holiday?
I tried tempting them out with lettuce, dandelions, and eventually Kronenbourg, but never saw anyone in there, except a big man standing guard at the front next to what looked like a portaloo. Or maybe there was going to be a Punch & Judy show for the little bunnies?
Maybe that's the way forward, racing for rodents. You won't get them turning up in leather underwear.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 02:29:15 pm »

That was reserved for guests of Peugeot racing, but they never showed!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 02:50:41 pm »

That was reserved for guests of Peugeot racing, but they never showed!
With a tent the size of a bin liner, who'd bother.  The delights of corporate hospitality

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 04:15:35 pm »

Indeed. I still believe KN is a lot better for viewing, and MB has a few less Danish on it Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Floris

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 04:27:18 pm »

Indeed. I still believe KN is a lot better for viewing, and MB has a few less Danish on it Undecided

if you want danish, go to parking rouge (where i went last year when i needed your ticket) there are a lot of them over there.
a tunnel to KN would be sweet indeed, but i don't think that the french will do that Sad.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 04:31:27 pm »

That would be good. A nice short cut. Not so far to stagger back to HA after the DfH party.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: