Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 06:41:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Le Mans 2008 - Are you coming too?  (Read 9442 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 11:42:12 am »

Thats pretty much the same response as i had when I checked.

We decided to play safe and order some via the ACO online booking system when we noticed you could.

These have been confirmed and paid for but I am still waiting to hear about the ones I asked for back in Sept.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
E36GUY

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 02:52:58 pm »

I'll be going to the Classic in a bunch of Healeys. Went in 2005 and absolutely loved it. A wonderful event not to be missed. And only 1/5 the numbers of people as well as open access to pretty much everywhere.

rcutler
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 11:42:41 pm »

I don't think they will let my two month old company car on the track!

Where is the info from all i can find is the 2006 site?

OK found it! type in www.lemansclassic.com and you will not go to the 2008 site. French logic i guess.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 12:14:31 am »

"a car shall be one, or the sister of a car which has competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans between 1923 and 1979"

I'm hoping for Rick that his company car does not comply to this, could be fun for some time, but on the long run it won't!

I'm driving a drivers license endangerment at the moment which would be fun on track, but will deffo cost me my license in the long run. So tomorrow it's back to common sence with a 85 bhp Renault Kangoo oilburner instead of the 226 bhp Ford Mondeo ST 220. It was fun though the last three weeks, will surely miss the 'kick in the back' when putting the pedal down. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 06:14:26 pm »

The first entry list has been released by the ACO. I understand it will be added to in the next few weeks.

http://www.lemansclassic.com/2008/uk/pdf/LMC_2008-entry_list.pdf

or the link to the pdf if it does not work

http://www.lemansclassic.com/2008/uk/surLaPiste_listeEngages.html

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
VETTE_1978

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 04:04:25 pm »

I'm taking the 78 Pace Car over for this, just having a new box fitted, air con and maybe a horny chambered exhaust to relace the cherry bombs.  A mates also driving over my 92 so if you see two Corvettes enroute give us a wave.  Applied for tickets, email response but no allocation as yet.  Could end up anywhere I guess.
Cobra Andy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 10:01:47 pm »

The Cobra's are attending en - masse this year, approx 70 cars, 138 peeps plus theres 54 of us doing the 'parade laps'.
We will be camping on MB so you wont miss us, pop over and say hi and have a beer or 2 !!!!!

Werner re your lovely Triumph, best to contact the owners club as they have their own arrangements with the ACO, ie seperate campsite and they definetly do the parade laps, although some of them ended up being out with the cobras in 2006, which made for a few interesting moments, namely one of the cobs sideways ( on full power and opposite lock )  between 2 triumphs heading onto the start finish straight  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 11:12:41 am »

Are there any plans for a get together of some sort?
 Anyone else going?
 And will Team Zarse be Commering down to the classic?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 11:24:44 am »

We'll be there, me, KK, Simon and Rach on MB from the Wednesday onwards.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 12:55:39 pm »

Are there any plans for a get together of some sort?
 Anyone else going?
 And will Team Zarse be Commering down to the classic?

We have absolutely no idea if we are going yet, It'll probably be decided at the 24 hours. Never taken the Commer to the Classic in the past, I can just about tolerate camping in a tent for one or two nights.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 01:26:54 pm »

Go on Andy, take the Commer- you know it makes sense!
 I'm having a nightmare getting the Alfa ready. I found rot in the outer sills which has spured me on into getting the bodywork sorted after putting it off for years. Found much 80's patching and bodging under the paint which has meant the whole of the car has to be re-panelled before paint. Now the twin servos have packed in- both full of fluid. Thats another £500 to find to fix it.
 I hope its going to be worth it!
 S

Dick Dasterdly was right
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 09:39:51 pm »

Si, there will be 10 of us from East Anglia plus Mr Catchpole trundling down from Boulogne to MB.

All tickets ordered and paid for.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 10:59:56 pm »

I'm having a nightmare getting the Alfa ready.

Using the word "sense" in conjunction with the words Commer and Alfa is not normal parlance. I've had a couple of Bertones to pieces, many years ago now. Not too bad to work on, except the bodywork and Magneti Marelli electrics, but God are the bits pricey. My fave was the 1750 GTV, reg WUK 8G. It's in New Zealand with Doris these days!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 12:14:46 am »

I'm having a nightmare getting the Alfa ready.

Using the word "sense" in conjunction with the words Commer and Alfa is not normal parlance. I've had a couple of Bertones to pieces, many years ago now. Not too bad to work on, except the bodywork and Magneti Marelli electrics, but God are the bits pricey. My fave was the 1750 GTV, reg WUK 8G. It's in New Zealand with Doris these days!

I love 'em to bits. Great to drive and a joy to work on. And not too bad rust wise- no worse than anything else from that era. If they do rust you can buy every panel for them- they are pricey but in 20 years as a restorer I have never come across such quality, they fit beautifully without any messing about. i have just put outer sills on mine and they just clicked into place, millimetre perfect all round- didn't even have to clamp them before welding!
 Its a shame I have left it late to get it ready, I have an 80% complete Autodelta works spec 2000 engine sat on a bench awaiting assembly- should put out about 175-180 bhp judging on previous motors I have built with the same spec. Will be interesting to see how it goes with that in it!

Anyway- stop avoiding the question- will I see the Commer this summer?? Cheesy Cheesy

S

Dick Dasterdly was right
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: