Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 09:40:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost of diesel  (Read 34800 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 10:52:52 am »

Concerning the cost of diesel, more to the point, are the good ol boys in the trucks going to blockade the ferry ports?

Brest was blockaded and Wednesday, and Caen overnight last night but they are open again.  There's a chance that there could be problems so everybody would be sensible to leave in plenty of time for their crossings and prepare for some long waits because anything could happen over the next couple of weeks.  There have also been some blockades of major roads all over France too.

Fill up your cars in the UK before you leave also, in case of shortages and rationing of fuel.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 11:32:23 am »

They blockaded Dunkirk as well the other day.  So the Belgies are in on it as well.

Dunkerque is in France, Steve.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 11:41:10 am »

Bugger, did they move it  Grin  (Geography 'O' Level Grade A - all I remember was ox bow lakes and terminal moraine)

Steve East Anglian cobras

landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2008, 10:33:47 am »

Just returned from a week's hols in France.

Petrol is €1.50 off the autoroute and an extra 10c on.

Diesel is €1.40 off and an extra 10c on.

Seems unbelievable that in the summer of 2005 diesel was €1/litre and even last year I reckon I was paying the equivalent of £0.75/litre.

These prices do mean that for once I reckon that UK petrol [not diesel] prices are less than France

€ 1.60 = 1.25685987 UK£
€ 1.50 = 1.17830613 UK£ [I paid £1.15/litre at BP in Dover, my local Shell is 3p/litre cheaper]
€ 1.40 = 1.09975239 UK£

Conversions courtesy of Google.

Landman

Crouch..........bind..........set
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 02:27:06 pm »

In the garage to day -

Shell - Wirral

Diesel - £1.33.9 per litre

Bloody hell - thats £6.09 per gallon !!!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2008, 02:39:20 pm »

That's just bl00dy outrageous  Angry

Crouch..........bind..........set
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2008, 02:47:46 pm »

Diesel price dropped a cent a litre today.  Overwhelming generosity, no?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 10:07:06 pm »

New fuel price guide at the your garage now.

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 11:16:43 pm »

We have been urged to use Supermarkets for our fuel now with our cards. Its as much as 5p a litre just a mile away. When you use 50 litres of diesel thats a lot of saving for an extra mile.

My personal car has done just 10 miles this week. I am simply no longer prepared to pay £1.31 a litre.

So the greenies have it. I no longer drive my car and the green house gases are saved. I'm only doing 6000 iles a year now, so they are saving a lot.

I'm not in a position to do much in realtion to protests, but i'm very surprsed no one else has thought about it. A few trucks do it, but they are just working class lads. it needs people closer to the politicians to move it on. Or lots of people.

I'll best oil the chain again on my 21 speed bike.......

Take life by the horns and live it.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2008, 11:45:56 pm »

We have been urged to use Supermarkets for our fuel now with our cards. Its as much as 5p a litre just a mile away. When you use 50 litres of diesel thats a lot of saving for an extra mile.

My personal car has done just 10 miles this week. I am simply no longer prepared to pay £1.31 a litre.

So the greenies have it. I no longer drive my car and the green house gases are saved. I'm only doing 6000 iles a year now, so they are saving a lot.

I'm not in a position to do much in realtion to protests, but i'm very surprsed no one else has thought about it. A few trucks do it, but they are just working class lads. it needs people closer to the politicians to move it on. Or lots of people.

All well and good until white van man takes you out putting you in hospital. . .  anyone got a spare left hand ?? mine's broke.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2008, 07:50:48 am »

I've taken to cycling more often although a beer gut has had more to do with it than fuel prices. Was really into mountain biking in my youth and have recently got back into it, its good fun, I have
 lost almost a stone and get cred off the kids at the trail centre because of the 'f@cking awesome' classic bikes that I hoarded all those years ago.
 Noticed a large increase in the number of cyclists over the last month- it can only be a good thing, might get the obesity thing in check?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2008, 09:05:42 am »

All well and good until white van man takes you out putting you in hospital. . .  anyone got a spare left hand ?? mine's broke.

I take it you were still able to issue a ticket with your good right hand! If only this had happened a few weeks ago you'd have had the time off to go to LM. Oh well, get well soon mate.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2008, 10:22:45 pm »

I take it you were still able to issue a ticket with your good right hand! If only this had happened a few weeks ago you'd have had the time off to go to LM. Oh well, get well soon mate.

There's always the Classic?Huh
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 08:54:32 pm »

More problems of high fuel cost.

Gas Prices Hurting Brothel Business  Gas Cards Offered As Incentives For Truckers

POSTED: 9:06 am EDT June 30, 2008
UPDATED: 9:21 am EDT June 30, 2008

RENO, Nev. -- Sex sells -- but not well enough.

Nevada's legal brothels are having to offer gas cards and other promotions to lure customers. Geoffrey Arnold, president of the Nevada Brothel Owners' Association, said truckers are about 75 percent of the patrons at the state's rural "houses."

But truckers are getting hit hard by rising fuel prices, so they're not stopping as often for a little fun on their runs.

The Shady Lady Ranch plans to offer $50 gas cards to clients spending $300 and $100 gas cards to those who spend $500.

The Moonlite BunnyRanch is offering "a double your stimulus" promotion. Customers who bring in their IRS economic stimulus checks will get double the services.

http://www.wftv.com/money/16745493/detail.html?treets=orlc&tid=2656232682813&tml=orlc_strange&tmi=orlc_strange_1_10000206302008&ts=H

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: