Club Arnage
June 17, 2024, 05:19:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest news and pictures of works  (Read 26138 times)
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 09:40:47 pm »

That, plus grandstands in Maison Blance, just after the porsche curves. Although taking up camping space, it should be a good viewing spot for the race though!
What grandstands on Maison Blanche  Huh
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 10:01:28 pm »

That is part of the rebuild, not on the website yet!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 10:03:48 pm »

Then where did you get that info from??
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 10:11:22 pm »

the ticket office Lips Sealed

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 10:21:32 pm »

the ticket office Lips Sealed
I am sorry but all the ACO says that it's building "4 stands" on Maison Blanche and afaik stands are pitboxes and not grandstands or "tribune" as they would call them.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 10:26:40 pm »

According to JPC who spoke to a lady at tickets-2-u there will be grandstands. She could be wrong as well of course...

Drinking for Holland
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:04 pm »

May I say that most of this is speculation. Lets see what happens.

At the end of the day - even if MB and KN are compromised - is it going to have that much effect?

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 10:34:04 pm »

400 camping tickets less on MB alone surely will have an effect Undecided

Drinking for Holland
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 10:34:44 pm »

yes
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 10:49:22 pm »

400 camping tickets less on MB alone surely will have an effect Undecided
Now I was wondering about that Paddy, 400 camping tickets is just some 30.000 euro in money to the ACO and only 15.000 sqm that they can easily find elsewhere.
So small potatoes to them, they don't know or appreciate what MB means to us and remember the vast majority of the visitors to the 24h are French (81%) and donot really bother with camping.

That might explain why they didn't bother to inform us/most people about this.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2008, 11:05:03 pm »

and remember the vast majority of the visitors to the 24h are French (81%) and donot really bother with camping.

Are you sure it's as much as 81 percent? To me it seems more like 50% French to 50% foreigners...

or do all the baguettes hide in the forrest on the Mulsanne straight?

Drinking for Holland
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2008, 11:16:52 pm »

Hey it's on the official ACO site, so I guess there must be some truth to it.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/faq_fr.html

However if they would measure the amount of money spend during the Le Mans week than the outcome could be very very different  Grin
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05:13 am »

At the end of the day - even if MB and KN are compromised - is it going to have that much effect?
I may be "Refreshed" but have to agree with the above.... over the last 20 years I have camped on most of the sites at LM and visited my Dad and his aged mates on all the others many times in the last 8 years. (Thank f**k BSJ has not been mentioned!)
LM changes every year and we have to adapt to it. I fully appreciate the DFH issues as the supercamp that we have all enjoyed (oh we have!) and all their planning being fcuked up, but it really is beyond our control.

Why dont we all just wait and see where we get allocated and then make decisions or this bickering will be never ending.

Did anyone drive down through Northern France (not towards LM but west) in the mid 90's? remember when they were spending Billions of Francs on the roads, not for our benefit, but for theirs..... drive through a building site one week, drive back through landscaped bankings that looked like they had been there for years a week later.

I hope, and I may be wrong... but they are doing all this for themselves again (obviously)... so wont sh*t on their own door step by leaving MB or KN as a building site as some have suggested. When is the first outing for the new track sections?HuhHuhHuh They wont want mud and shite on display after spending all that money to meet the regs and having all the bigwigs there to see it look like a tramps underpants.

Anyway.. enough from me. We will all be there, if last years weather didnt spoil things, then a change of scenery shoudnt either!
New spot.. new victims for the Chilli Challenge!

PP of The Brethren

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 08:55:45 am »

I may be "Refreshed" but have to agree with the above.... over the last 20 years I have camped on most of the sites at LM and visited my Dad and his aged mates on all the others many times in the last 8 years. (Thank f**k BSJ has not been mentioned!)
LM changes every year and we have to adapt to it. I fully appreciate the DFH issues as the supercamp that we have all enjoyed (oh we have!) and all their planning being fcuked up, but it really is beyond our control.

Why dont we all just wait and see where we get allocated and then make decisions or this bickering will be never ending.

Did anyone drive down through Northern France (not towards LM but west) in the mid 90's? remember when they were spending Billions of Francs on the roads, not for our benefit, but for theirs..... drive through a building site one week, drive back through landscaped bankings that looked like they had been there for years a week later.

I hope, and I may be wrong... but they are doing all this for themselves again (obviously)... so wont sh*t on their own door step by leaving MB or KN as a building site as some have suggested. When is the first outing for the new track sections?HuhHuhHuh They wont want mud and shite on display after spending all that money to meet the regs and having all the bigwigs there to see it look like a tramps underpants.

Anyway.. enough from me. We will all be there, if last years weather didnt spoil things, then a change of scenery shoudnt either!
New spot.. new victims for the Chilli Challenge!

PP of The Brethren

Generally agree with what you said. and I hope you are right......but the ACO do seem to have an aversion to grass seed.......I use the inside banking of Tetre Rouge corner from last year as an example.......I think it was only the weeds stopping the bank from sliding away.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 01:12:17 pm »

I will report back what its like in may.. with piccies.. as I will be there for the oh so naughty motoGP boys Grin

cheering on our brit jamie 'the masher' toseland Cool

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: