Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 06:10:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilles can you advise?  (Read 11521 times)
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2003, 06:40:52 pm »

Gilles, is land ever sold near or around the circuit. I, like many before me could be interested in buying a small plot (half the size of a football pitch perhaps)? Don't want to be able to build on it, or have any services, just a little slab of land. Any chance? Thanks. monkey.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 11:39:54 pm »

Noticed that as you turn left off the hunnideres after the chinese restaurant, about 200m on the left is a small plot with a shed on it. Every year someone is camping on it, i don't know if it's the same people, but wonder if they own it.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 12:49:08 pm »

I'm still looking for field along the tarck or just near to it.

For the moment I only known properties and no fields, but I gonna investigate further  Cool!

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 02:10:41 pm »

Hi Gilles - it was good to meet you at the Champers Bar on Saturday during the race - sorry we didn't get a chance to talk much.  Next time I'm visiting my folks in Jumelles, let's hook-up for a beer.

Monkey - Gilles was very helpful in putting me on to a place on the Mulsanne Straight that I flew over from the States to look at.  It was a reasonably nice house surrounded by water right on the 2nd chicane on the inside of the track.  Obviously I was completely seduced by the idea of leaning on my front gate for the weekend watching LMPs diving in under GT cars having halled on the anchors from a 190mph blast down the straight.

I made an offer on the house but the geezer selling it (actually his wife was the driving force) had lived there for centuries and appeared to be planning his retirement on the sale of the place.  They came back with double my offer which needless to say was silly, but also made me realize that in countering I was buying a property that I would likely use once a year - twice at the outside.  I wonder if you're thinking of using this outside of the race weekend?  If so, great, but if not, do what I'm doing and spend that money over the next 20 years doing Le Mans in a bit more comfort than sleeping in a grungy tent and crapping in a hole in the ground.  Just a thought.

If buying on the Mulsanne, consider the fact that inside track access is dodgy at best - i.e. not roads - goat paths that you would be hard pressed to get any vehicle down other than farm equipment if it rains.  Good luck!  Keep us posted - perhaps you could become a Le Mans Land Baron!
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 05:18:35 pm »

Thanks for your relpies,Rhino, I too saw the set up near the Chinese retaurant and it was that that got me thinking. Gilles, if anything does come up, I would prefer close to the track, but if it had to be a few Km away then I would still consider. I would love to be able to buy a house, but frankly could not afford to. Once again, thanks for the replies. monkey.

Grin
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 11:59:47 pm »

If you did have a property on the straight could you view from it? If there making everyone put there shutters up will the allow you to hang over the fence?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 10:37:58 pm »

The city of Mulsanne is selling a 8000 m² field. This field may be divised and is suitable for industry, store, hotel, restaurant, even maybe a campsite !

Shocked I forget the most important: the location.

It's just on the mulsanne corner, on the other side of the roundabout. It consists in a field at one of the 4 corners of this roundabout.

They probably won't accept to sell it for a private use, but if any of you has a businness idea...

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 01:08:48 am »

Any idea how much Gilles??
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2003, 05:54:30 am »

Rhino:

There's no regulations that I know of that you can't view from your own property on the straight.  Part of the deal with the house I made the offer on was 4 tribune passes for the inconvenience to locals of shutting down the Mulsanne for the weekend.  What do you mean by closing shutters?

Again, if you buy something, it's great if you're at the house, but access through the forest from Arnage was not good - literally a mud path through the trees you were supposed to navigate by car - I checked it out after a heavy rain and it would have been impassable without 4WD.  If you've got the wedge, I'd suggest buying something a little more attractive to use more than that weekend every year.  Le Mans is a bit of a sh*t hole outside of the event.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2003, 01:31:05 pm »

Rhino:

Le Mans is a bit of a sh**t hole outside of the event.

Are you you absolutely sure you've got your word order correct ??
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2003, 06:42:25 pm »

are? what on you about
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 09:27:27 pm »

are? what on you about
In my dyslexic way I was raising the point that it was not very polite of you to insult Gilles' home town.
It has, in fact, many virtues, but then how would you know?
'nuff said.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2003, 09:55:37 pm »

Certainly not trying to offend Gilles - I've heard him criticize the place himself.  Not sure what your original posting had to do with "word order" but no worries.

Rural France has many virtues of course - my parents have lived there for many years near Le Mans and I visit there often, but the city can hardly be described as one of the more beautiful places in the fine country of France can it?  It's an industrial town, like many in the UK and here in the States - I wouldn't describe Halifax or Cleveland much differently either.  They're sh*t holes too!  (Sincere apologies for those in Halifax or the Mistake by the Lake).  
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 05:22:36 pm »

Angry I left the CA forum a few days and people talk on my back !!!  Angry

The city of le Mans is probably not as beautiful as many british cities (as I've just visited the bedfordshire and the surroundings I can't compare) but IT'S A NICE PLACE TO STAY ALL YEAR LONG ( at least enough interesting to give to a texan girl the wish to visit and stay)

Concerning business they're a lot of opportunities, especially for entrepreneurs. A lot has still to be done concerning hospitality during the race. The Chamber of Commerce is also enough motivated to help you create your job. if you want to open a guest house in the countryside, you can obtain many funds,... and our NHS is probably better than yours !!!!!!!

Would I really be so motivated to help you in your pilgrimage if I don't believe in my city. I'm sorry that all our queens are death, but they left as many castles and historic places as yours'

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 01:32:15 pm »

Angry I left the CA forum a few days and people talk on my back !!!  Angry

The city of le Mans is probably not as beautiful as many british cities (as I've just visited the bedfordshire and the surroundings I can't compare) but IT'S A NICE PLACE TO STAY ALL YEAR LONG ( at least enough interesting to give to a texan girl the wish to visit and stay)
... and our NHS is probably better than yours !!!!!!!

At the risk of offending the Bedford contingent I think Gilles has a point. I'd rather live in Le Mans than say Luton or Sandy. Jesus have you been to Sandy? No wonder the A1 traffic speeds by. Although usefully, there is a company in Sandy that holds the worlds supply of spares for Villiers two stroke lawn mower engines. But this hardly qualifies it for National Trust status.

Le Mans is twinned with notloB. Why?

And Gilles, having spent some time in Caen Hospital, I agree your NHS is probably only ten times better than ours.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: