Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 03:55:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: campsites???  (Read 13459 times)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2003, 09:13:01 pm »

Over the years we have stayed at various sites kn(when it was covered in piles of earth,tetre rouge,beausejour and expo.

What I want to know is WHY!!! does everybody rave about bleu,maison blanche,houx and houx annexe Grin Smiley

After all surely.... a campsite is a campsite?Huh

Give us a clue!!!

Wishy

Paulathedrooler
CA Veteran

R.I.P to the Llamma, hello to the Mauri.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 09:21:58 pm »

Wishy, I suppose it all comes down to who you have around you, the security of the site and the facilitys that are provided.
Paula a newbie.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 09:33:22 pm »

Hi paula

don't get me on security.....see robbers on the help section.

Not one to complain but over the years we've had no probs apart from this year.

Must be something to do with the company we keep Grin.

we have always had a good laugh on all the sites generallly....and I guess that is why we come back every year....just to soak up the atmosphere of the event......and to waych,where possible some motor racing Shocked

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 10:10:31 pm »

Tried Bleu, Houx and MB since the coach lark got binned and started camping from '89. Fave is definitely MB. Bleu is outside of the "walls" so not so secure and the only year we were in Houx was the very wet '95, so perhaps memories are a bit tainted!

Either way, 11 trouble free and very enjoyable years on MB make it our first choice every year. Facilities are slowly improving I guess but as mentioned above, doesn't really matter too much when you have a good crowd around.

Cheers

Rick
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 11:19:38 am »

KN last year, turned up Friday evening so was a little short on space, but still exceeded expectations. Houx Annex this year, a bit more green, a bit more space and a bit more entertainment (at roudabout Sunday night) and better fireworks!

The main differences we've found is location in relation to the track/bars/stands etc. We all had mountain bikes this year which was an absolutely inspired idea!

Only been twice but not had any thievin' gypsy problems. People like to go with what they know, so if a site is good enough, they go back the following year. This also helps people meet up with friends they met before.

HTH!

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 02:20:27 pm »

There's a list of the various siites on the beermountain website.  http://www.beermountain.com/Campsite_Guide.htm

I don't think it's fully up to date, but it gives you the pros and cons of many of them. Houx obviously is an allocated pitch so it doesn't matter when you turn up. You also get electricity. Otherwise it really depends on your preferred location.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 02:37:27 pm »

Does that allocated pitch thing really work? It certainly wasn't in operation (or at least being adhered to) when we were in Houx in 1995 - absolute free for all that year!

As for MB, the pitches used to be allocated but they seemed to give that up years ago, even though the permits had numbers on them!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 03:05:16 pm »

Not stayed on Houx myself but people I've spoken to say it is all marked out and they make sure you stick to your own area.

Anyone out there stayed there recently who can update us??
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 03:09:18 pm »

For me the main advantage of MB was that we got six people in two vehicles through the gates without the unecessary expense of having to buy Enciente Generale tickets. I just drove straight past the little man and pitched camp. Although I didn't realise it at the time, as I had thought we would have to buy EG tickets later in the week, but no, we were in for nowt!

We also all went in and out of the curcuit a couple of times on the friday and got back in by just showing the contra marque given to us on the way out.

This gave us a saving of Eu330, or about £234 in proper money. TOP!

The downside with MB is that, ye gods, there are some very strange folk pitched up on there. In fact many of the names you see on here quite often!

Oh and it is quite "gay" too. Lots of cruising and cottaging in the bogs etc.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 03:22:25 pm »

Any heterosexual swinging going on though?
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 03:29:00 pm »

Yeah, whilst visiting Smokie, one jumped on my back. I did'nt know whether to let him go or toss him off. Luckily I had come in the backdoor allowing me to make my escape.

Stu

« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 03:30:40 pm by Stu » Logged
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 04:26:46 pm »

Not stayed on Houx myself but people I've spoken to say it is all marked out and they make sure you stick to your own area.

Anyone out there stayed there recently who can update us??

Didn't stay there, but cycled through it a couple of times the other week . Looked very regimented to me. The plots were actually quite small. I prefer the ability to pitch where ever looks best when you turn up and then mark off a nice area with some 'F*ck Off' tape. Houx does have what looked like it's own Bar though.

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2003, 04:38:21 pm »

Any heterosexual swinging going on though?

No but there was some rather undignified talk on the old CA forum of getting me to turn the Commer into some sort of mobile brothel. Actually I don't think the rear bump stops could take that sort of action these days. (I am referring to the van, not to my own physiology)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2003, 04:53:12 pm »

Yes,  Houx is marked out spaces.  At the end of each line of spaces is
a Water and power supply so you don't need to take a Gennie just lots of cable.  The Shower block is execlent but undersized for the number of people on the site and yes there is a bar in there.  None the the less it's
still a fair wark to the Tribunes and not a patch on the old Tribunes
Campsite where the fair ground has now been moved to.  The space is adequate for a Car and Four man Frame tent and there is still room for a BBQ ect.  In fact I think you'll find that all of the sites have a limit on the
amount of space you are allowed.  On Beausejour this year there was a guy showing us where we could pitch and but with the Language problems we were more or less left to sort it out for ourselves.  But he did make it plain that we should only use a 16m x 18m area for the three tickets we had.  :-)  With the 'numbered' plots in Houx it's more difficult to be flexible with your positioning.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2003, 05:44:54 pm »

I was on Technopark, what I whant know is

Who the hell pinched our shower-block?

Apart from the walk not a bad site, and we invented our own shower system, using 2L Evien bottles.........

Info on how can be supplied

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: