Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 06:32:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotel Recommendation Sought  (Read 12436 times)
Ferrari Spider
« on: July 04, 2003, 10:48:35 pm »

Being a newbie and very proud of it and experienced my first 24 hrs this year, and want to get more out of next years event, looking for a hotel base near the circuit.  This is for later on in the month when we return to look at the area in more detail.

No doubt this may have been covered previously on the web site.  So apologies now before the s**t hits the fan.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 12:55:21 pm »

I cannot recommend too highly the Chateau de Montaupin at Oizé, about ten miles south of the circuit. It is officially a bed and breakfast, but serves excellent meals most evenings. The owners have close relationships with the circuit, and the husband had a lot to do with Sebastien Bourdais’s career development. The rooms are, in effect, suites, beautifully decorated. The garden has a swimming pool, and the welcome is excellent. If you have dinner there, they tend to give you too much in the way in the of drink before dinner, let alone during the meal! They also have a separate gite in the grounds. Rates are very reasonable. – tel: (0033) (0) 243 87 81 70.

The Hotel de France, at la Chartre sur le Loir, a little further south, has very strong connections with the race – hence the bar with its walls lined with signed photographs of drivers and their cars over many years.  Christophe, the barman is a mine of racing information. The restaurant is excellent, although some of the rooms are on the small side. Tel 02 43 44 40 16

Not a hotel, but a “must” restaurant is la Petite Auberge at Malicorne-sur-Sarthe, with a “to die for” terrace overlooking the river Sarthe. Magic on a summer’s evening – must book. Tel 02 43 94 80 52.

Finally, do not miss a meal in Le Mans old town, at Le Flambadoux – as long as you like copious southwestern French food and wine. Tel 02 43 24 88 38.

Happy hunting!

Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 05:28:41 pm »

30 kms from the circuit, a "die for" guest house, the Chateau de Beauchamp, with easy access to the circuit byt he rocade.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 08:01:32 pm »

Many thanks to Gilles & KPY for good suggestions.  Has Club Arnage a accomodation list?  There would appear to be a number of sources out there but has it been colated?  Sounds like a job!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 09:39:11 pm »

I'm on the case. !!!!

With a little help from  my 2 budding Egon Roney's (That's you KPY and you Gilles ). Please could you forward to me the information and addresses and I will add the hotels to  the help pages. If any one else has any more recommendations, please forward them also. The above help pages are for everyone old and new and the more contributions ( with in reason) the better they will become. Any other ideas are welcome also.  Address is

stu.robertson@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks

Stu
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 09:46:45 pm by Stu » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 09:51:12 pm »

If the old clubarnage is still there, I think PM posted a list of hotels about a year or more ago. Wait while I go and look...
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 09:53:31 pm »

Thanks for waiting...

The old site appears to be kind of dead, misbehaving CGIs all over the place.

PM - did you or didn't you? Looked cut and pasted from somehwere, if I remember right
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 01:01:51 am »

Hey PM, Please repost the hotel list
Thanks
Kandaha
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 10:05:28 am »

stu,

I'm off to to the le mans area later on this month to recce', do you need any info while I'm there, photos etc?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2003, 10:21:34 am »

Nice of you to offer Ferrari Spider.  I need ten cases of Stella, two cases of Champagne and four cases of JP Chenet!!   Grin Grin Grin
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2003, 10:25:15 am »

stu,

I'm off to to the le mans area later on this month to recce', do you need any info while I'm there, photos etc?

Cheers. If you see any thing that you think may be of interest, just collect info, photos etc on it and I'll add it to the help page.
Hope you have a good time. You should try to meet up with Gilles when your'e there as he's a top  bloke.

Stu
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 02:03:14 pm »

glad to see the group has a sense of humour, how would you like to pay ?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 03:19:38 pm »

Payment will be made in "Things"  I have several "Things" laying around in my garage. As per this attached link, previously posted by Dreamracers in another thread, "Things" are worth at least £10, maybe more.

Shall we say 20 "Things" for the lot.  Grin Grin Grin
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2003, 04:53:56 pm »

stu,

Cheers. If you see any thing that you think may be of interest, just collect info, photos etc on it and I'll add it to the help page.
Hope you have a good time. You should try to meet up with Gilles when your'e there as he's a top  bloke.

Stu

Yes we could meet, especially if you're looking for specific places...

... are you looking for an house to sell ??

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 09:45:18 pm »

He's an upmarket Arthur Daley, any chance he can get it' "wanna but a house" Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: