Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 10:41:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 Q's  (Read 4509 times)
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2003, 09:56:27 pm »

Just a couple of fairly simple questions {well probably simple to you peeps anyway  Wink }
 I'm trying to organize a club "trip" to next years race, not sure yet how many vehicles, so what i need to know is:-
1) Where would be a good c/site to go for, so that we could watch as much of the race as we want without having to walk too far from our vans ? (VW type 2's - bays)
2) What sort of price would we expect to pay?
3) when would we have to book by?
4) Could we arrive on the monday or tuesday beforhand and stay through the weekend??

hope you can help me on this as I for one have been trying to get to the race for a few years now.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 12:04:15 am »

Hi Skorpio

You are best to do the following:-

1.Book your preferred ferry crossing in September.(for groups of 9+ you can get discounted prices with Brittany Ferries)

2.book all the campsite passes NOW!!!!!! Smiley Roll Eyes
(maison blalnche,bleu,or anything that is available.......you are now probably too late to get what you want and will go on allocation.......Book direct with the ACO......AND NOT WITH THE TICKET AGENTS as they are greedy with their pricing ...............www.lemans.org

These are the main things to do first.....you will get lots of advice on this site for the basics!!!!

The other thing when doing a club thing .....(as I well know .....take deposits with no refunds or cancellation........cause you get the odd scumbags who decide to back out and not pay a penny towards the event......(as Dreamracers will confirm ......he got tickets from us a half price this year Smiley

If you also want a hotel on the cheap.We stay at the B & B Hotel at Alencon on the Sunday night.
They can be booked from 1/1/2004 and not before due to the fact that you can onlly book six monmhs in advance.......so it will be 1/1/2004 ....and dont delay as it usually is booked up early..

Wishy
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 09:29:44 am »

Hi Skorpio

1. Closest site to the action is Chapelle, but this is an open area that that all the general public stroll through so in my humble opinion not that great. Therefore Maison Blanche (although probably the first to sell out) and Tetre Rouge are closest. Apart from Beausejour which is a good mile and some more from the main viewing areas (although it is near the Porsche Curves) most of the sites aren't too far from the action.

2. A campsite ticket is approx. 35 Euros. This allows in one vehicle to the campsite, together with it's inhabitants plus as many tents etc as you have. Apart from Camping Houx where you have an allocated, numbered pitch, all the other sites are first come first served. You will also need a General Admission ticket for each person. These are availabl on the gate for 57 Euros each. You can buy them in advance if you want but but they are the same price, unless you are booking 20 or more. Please bear in mind that these ar 2003 prices that I am quoting so subject to change for 2004.

3. As Wishywashyman has already said, contact the ACO to book your tickets now. You might already be too late to get immediate confirmation but you should get on the waiting list and then get notified by them nearer the time that you have tickets. Otherwise, there are normally lots of excess tickets for sale on this forum in the weeks coming up to the race, all at face value (we're a friendly bunch!!)

4. You can arrive on the Monday or Tuesday prior to the race, but they charge you an extra fee for the early days. I believe thios year was the frst time they introduced this and the extra fee was something like 7 Euros per day per vehicle.

Hope this helps, any other questions just put another post up.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: