Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 03:49:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Le Mans Book published  (Read 6342 times)
press1

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2008, 02:45:07 am »

All -- I have recently self-published The Le Mans Experience, a book on the 2007 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Hello,

This book is a coffee-table styled book which is 11x13 inches in size and has more than 100 pages and many images -- I have not counted them but probably over 100.

You can see a portion of the book at http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/128136/5bdc2ea19f5017d6b8f18929ef7d16f8. However, this only shows the first 16 pages which are more about the trip to the Circuit de la Sarthe as opposed to the race. If you will contact me off line I will be happy to send a 16 page sample pdf of the book.

Best regards,
Rusty Rae
Rustyrae@comcast.net
Editor and Publisher
The Le Mans Experience
A Morning Moon publication
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:44 am »

I have pictures of my testicles on a website somewhere, can I post a link to them too?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
nickliv
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:23:38 am »

Oddly enough H, I too have pictures of your testicles on a website too.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »

Rusty has contacted the mods and has offered 50% of his profit to Club Arnage charities for sales made from this forum link.

Steve East Anglian cobras

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 06:32:14 pm »

Rusty has contacted the mods and has offered 50% of his profit to Club Arnage charities for sales made from this forum link.

That seems fair enough Steve, but what about my bollocks??

H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 07:05:51 pm »

H

Does CA get a 50% share of them aswell??? Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
nickliv
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 09:14:40 pm »

H

Just keep posting it H Grin
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:28:46 pm »

I have already done a couple of books on Blurb myself. the first was 160 pages and the second 200 pages and they turned out real well.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/129787

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/97264

Currently putting together a book on this years sebring race with the race, the people, the parties, the campsites and the support races etc.

Will let you know when its done.
mgilvey
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 09:37:23 pm »

A word of caution! Have you consulted the gods of the ACO about your book? They are VERY picky about where the name "Le Mans" is being used. In fact, this very website had to change the URL to clubarnage.com because it used to have the word "lemans" in it. They came down pretty hard as I recall.

I too am writing a book about my trip in 2006. I have already consulted with the ACO gods about publishing it and they told me that they were not going to publish any more books at this time. That means, quite frankly that they probably did not understand my question because I did not want them to publish, I wanted to know if I published a book about the even if there woud be any problem.

To be on the safe side, I am not naming the book with the words Le Mans in the title. It is in the text inside. We'll see how it goes. I am tempted to buy your book because I too am going to use Blurb. Your price is a bit steep though. I'm going to have to want it pretty bad and have a birthday or something coming up to get it.

Oh, there is another bunch who published a Le Mans book, a few years in a row now. I think they got the ACO's blessing.

I'll be back across the pond in 2010 with friends.

See my photos I took at Le Mans in 1999/2000 when I had media credentials on my website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: