Club Arnage
June 01, 2024, 04:25:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campsite Thieving - What to do about it?  (Read 24613 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »

Im going to invest in a money belt later today and also a very small Tupperware pot for the keys and passports to go in the sleeping bag.

The thieves will never think to look in your sleeping bag for you car keys and passport.  Roll Eyes
i meant when im in there at night - in the day the car keys will be on my - passport in the car
Kev, you need one of those little stainless steel cylinders like the prisoners used in the movies Midnight Express and Papillon Shocked

any pictures as im struggling to think what it looks like?

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 01:36:48 pm »

A trick you could try is to take a theft set of car keys you no longer own, an old wallet with a few euros, an old cancelled credit card.

Leave that in place where a scrot is likely to look. The hope being that he will see that, take it an be away without looking too hard for the real stuff.

Otherwise just lock everything away in a car.

Give a spare set of car keys to a mate to lock away hidden in thier car so if you do loose yours you can still get around.

Never carry all your money, keep it split up in your car, again so the thief wont get it all if he does get in.

Keep em peeled!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 01:37:59 pm »

Im going to invest in a money belt later today and also a very small Tupperware pot for the keys and passports to go in the sleeping bag.

The thieves will never think to look in your sleeping bag for you car keys and passport.  Roll Eyes
i meant when im in there at night - in the day the car keys will be on my - passport in the car
Kev, you need one of those little stainless steel cylinders like the prisoners used in the movies Midnight Express and Papillon Shocked

Its small enough to fit up your arse if thats any help when you google it!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 01:40:25 pm »

id rather not have anything up my rectum  Embarrassed

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

That's not stopped the LM theives in years past. They break into your tent when you're out cold and drunk. Then they pinch your money and bum you before stealing into the dead of night. Still, being drugged and bummed by puffs is not a new experience to some of us, eh Kev!  Cheesy Having things put up your arse at LM sometimes isn't optional!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:45:22 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:43:56 pm »

Could be a problem if you push too hard and loose it

* head_up_arse.jpg (18.26 KB, 350x394 - viewed 319 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 01:53:25 pm »

That's not stopped the LM theives in years past. They break into your tent when you're out cold and drunk. Then they pinch your money and bum you before stealing into the dead of night. Still, being drugged and bummed by puffs is not a new experience to some of us, eh Kev!  Cheesy Having things put up your arse at LM sometimes isn't optional!
yes i was wondering if that would be re mentioned!! thanks Mr Z  laugh

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 02:44:42 pm »

great idea this, more contributions please of where your valuables are going to be kept, it'll make it easier when Johnny Pikey pays a visit. Grin

They'd have to be pretty thick if they are helped out by "I'll lock my valuables in my car and keep the keys with me and in my sleeping bag" it's not exactly rocket science is it? 
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 03:09:28 pm »

Should you need translation into a variety of Eastern European lingo, let me know.
Lady PP works with a plethora of Poles, Slovaks and Bulgarians who will happily do it.

PP

Bloody immigrants  Roll Eyes Wink

Are good immigrants.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 05:54:01 pm »

Should you need translation into a variety of Eastern European lingo, let me know.
Lady PP works with a plethora of Poles, Slovaks and Bulgarians who will happily do it.

PP

Bloody immigrants  Roll Eyes Wink

Are good immigrants.

Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 08:09:29 pm »

great idea this, more contributions please of where your valuables are going to be kept, it'll make it easier when Johnny Pikey pays a visit. Grin

They'd have to be pretty thick if they are helped out by "I'll lock my valuables in my car and keep the keys with me and in my sleeping bag" it's not exactly rocket science is it? 

oh dear have we woken up on the wrong side of the bed, take a chill pill Grin

Urrr no - why have you?    Very little unchilled about me...perhaps it's how you read things?   
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 09:14:47 pm »

Now now, play nicely please....  Wink Grin Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 09:29:59 pm »

I know it's not a help to many but I love the combination door lock on my car at parties.....awful handy not to have to carry anything.  Gee, at Sebring all we really have to worry about is someone taking your coolers of beer.
Big_M

I am a gay man trapped in a women's body

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 11:44:50 pm »

Personally I have never experienced any theft at Le Mans - but I was married to a copper for 10 years and have a bit of an OCD thing about security.

I always lock valuables in the car boot when away from my pitch for any length of time.  During the start and finish I join the tent zippers with cable ties.  I have even devised an alarm using a rape alarm and a tent peg fixed to the tent zip - just need to remember it is there when you get back. 

OK - thieves will probably carry knives which can cut through the cable ties - but they are just as likely to pick another tent with easy access.

Not very romantic but my OH and I sleep at the sides of the tent and keep our clothes bags in the middle between us. 

The problems I have seen have often stemmed from thieves taking advantage of drunk people where their beer mask prevents them from being observant about their surroundings or taking care with possessions.  I don't often drink*, so will tend to keep an eye on others in our group that are a bit worse for wear.

Debs

*except for the one occasions at the drivers' parade where I failed to specify I needed a glass of wine at the restaurant and got a whole bottle and ended up with a temporary road sign as swag.   Shocked

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 01:00:12 am »

Given that nearly everyone I know is on HA this year I think we should have round the clock security. However, for regular Le Mans visitors anywhere, I think it is pretty easy to spot non race fans (i.e. thieves) or now the security has improved  Roll Eyes (security personnel) and a quick nod to your local campers should help increase awareness.

Otherwise, send them over to Pig-Pen's Perversion Parlour and we'll **** them real good  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: