Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 08:05:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB Layout?  (Read 20697 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:53:04 am »

According to the ACO there is no plan of the pitches that they can send to us....I'm not sure if that surprises me or not!   

I've seen reference in other places to the agencies selling "luxury trackside pitches" which I imagine means that yet again we've been stiffed over the agencies and we'll all be downgraded to the back of the site - probably in the big grass section at the end of the campsite?

I'm awaiting tickets so I'm not sure whether they are numbered and what the numbers are.

Has anyone got tickets in their sticky hands or have any more info on layout? 
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:58:22 am »

Map removed by request

Ade
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:00:16 pm by ajw » Logged

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:04:10 am »

Cheers AJ that's really useful, I'll enquire about pitch numbers.   I wonder why the ACO told me that there wasn't a map  Huh
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 10:25:54 am »

That map also is wrong, where it says trackside it is probably road side. The pitches we got allocated are not even on this map, so clearly it cannot be trusted. I guess we will have to wait and see what comes up in the end.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 11:57:12 am »

That map also is wrong, where it says trackside it is probably road side. The pitches we got allocated are not even on this map, so clearly it cannot be trusted. I guess we will have to wait and see what comes up in the end.

Been speaking to Paddy about this.

A couple of people I have spoken to ahve bought the large pitches from agencies and they have definatley been sold them on teh basis that they are trackside.

It makes sense as it looks like they've lined them up ready to receive motor homes like at Turn 1 in Sebring.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 12:01:20 pm »

Cheers AJ that's really useful, I'll enquire about pitch numbers.   I wonder why the ACO told me that there wasn't a map  Huh
Of course there are maps, it's just that the ACO are telling all the agents (and public) they are confidential. I spent an hour on the phone to them yesterday trying to find out where I am in KN and was told they can't send the map as it is 'confidential'. the best I gould get was that "you are 4 rows from the track" - I have no idea why all the secrecy is abound .... Roll Eyes  Huh
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:15 pm »

Of course there are maps, it's just that the ACO are telling all the agents (and public) they are confidential. I spent an hour on the phone to them yesterday trying to find out where I am in KN and was told they can't send the map as it is 'confidential'. the best I gould get was that "you are 4 rows from the track" - I have no idea why all the secrecy is abound .... Roll Eyes  Huh

...and doesn't that just fill you with confidence for what you're going to find when you get there?!  Huh    No doubt the favoured technique for unusable pitches, will be lots of shoulder shrugging. 

I'm quite glad this is our last year, I can't really be bothered with it all.  I just want to be able to book tickets (without getting screwed by an agent), know what I'm getting and have some certainty that what I've been sold will exist on the ground when I arrive. 
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 12:50:11 pm »

Will the pitches be allocated for the Classic or is it a free for all?
 It will be my first time on MB so keep it nice and tidy you lot!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 12:58:46 pm »

Will the pitches be allocated for the Classic or is it a free for all?

I'm not sure we'll know until we get the tickets, which will be posted once all the 24 hours ones have gone out.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 01:20:33 pm »

I'm hoping that as there haven't been any space problems for previous Classics they won't want to be bothered with repainting lines in the grass and relaying the pitches. 

As Deb says we'll have to wait for the tickets though to be sure. 
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 02:26:23 pm »

Been speaking to Paddy about this.

A couple of people I have spoken to ahve bought the large pitches from agencies and they have definatley been sold them on teh basis that they are trackside.

It makes sense as it looks like they've lined them up ready to receive motor homes like at Turn 1 in Sebring.

Well if that is true and the map on beermountain is correct, it would mean we are going to be left at the entrance, were before nobody was pitched, plus it is all concrete there, if that is true, we are royally fcuked, and it will definately be my last time I ever set foot on ACO grounds, f**k Le Mans, Sebring rules.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 02:32:43 pm »

I got the impression that all the pitches this year were in the part of MB beyond the new mini-circuit, and that the circuit part was not camping space, hence the reduction in numbers.  My suspicion is that the reason the ACO won't publish a map is because they really don't know exactly how the pitches will work themselves.  Hopefully I'll be able to have a proper nose around next weekend.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 02:38:21 pm »

I have the same feeling Deb, we won't know how the situation will be untill they start painting the lines!! French and the word preparation are rarely found in the same sentence.

Whatever happened to the 6 P's??

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 02:47:58 pm »

I remember a few years back they came round with the paint on about the Tuesday or Wednesday, and wanted us to move stuff for them to paint around...  Roll Eyes

Yeah, right...
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 03:19:57 pm »

Still find that hard to believe. If you are still right, then I agree with Knetter. Hell, already booked my ticket for Sebring '09! Grin

[edited as per request from mr Toad]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 08:54:28 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: