Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 12:51:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 78-08  (Read 4295 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:05:20 am »

On June 3rd 1978, I was not planning as I am now to wend my way to Le Mans. Although I always wanted to go.
My motorsport commitments in National Sprints & Hillclimbs always got in the way for some reason.

However, on this day in '78 and BTW, it was one of the hotest days of the year, I took the plunge and got married!

Yep, 30 years, some would say I could of got less for mass murder! What suprises me is that she has not dumped me for someone more considerate, handsome and rich.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 11:29:36 am »

Happy Anniversery Man and to the Mrs Leftie.  Smiley

Andy
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:55:37 am »

On June 3rd 1978, I was not planning as I am now to wend my way to Le Mans. Although I always wanted to go.
My motorsport commitments in National Sprints & Hillclimbs always got in the way for some reason.

However, on this day in '78 and BTW, it was one of the hotest days of the year, I took the plunge and got married!

Yep, 30 years, some would say I could of got less for mass murder! What suprises me is that she has not dumped me for someone more considerate, handsome and rich.

Congratualtions Mr and Mrs Leftie, you are 2 years, 1 month and 2 days ahead of me and my good lady.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:12:39 pm »

Happy Anniversary to you & Mrs. Leftie.

I will be celebrating my wedding Anniversary in June away from home (a certain motor race gets in the way  Wink).

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 05:59:48 pm »

happy anniversary!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 06:04:49 pm »

Congratulations to you both!

And particularly well done for making sure it wasn't in the middle of June!  Grin
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:39:09 pm »

I will be celebrating my wedding Anniversary in June away from home (a certain motor race gets in the way  Wink).

Snap!

Not had any major problems so far, but in 4 years it's number 25, which might be, if it were not a Wednesday Grin, which means I might be at LM late, but I'll be there. Smiley

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Leftie.  30 is a very good innings in this day & age.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:40:50 pm by Barry » Logged
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 09:30:12 pm »

...but in 4 years it's number 25..,
Snap!

We will have to raise a glass or two to celebrate.

Ade

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 10:00:15 pm »

Snap!

Not had any major problems so far, but in 4 years it's number 25, which might be, if it were not a Wednesday Grin, which means I might be at LM late, but I'll be there. Smiley

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Leftie.  30 is a very good innings in this day & age.

Ladies, you know us men are a bit forgetfull at times, but how would you respond to this?

I can't quite remember due to 'drink' but it was either 1998 or 2003 (think 1998). It was a 'major' aniversary, I was LM in the week before the race.

AND I FORGOT TO PHONE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has never forgiven me but, we are still together.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 10:37:19 pm »

I can't quite remember due to 'drink' but it was either 1998 or 2003 (think 1998). It was a 'major' aniversary, I was LM in the week before the race.

AND I FORGOT TO PHONE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has never forgiven me but, we are still together.
Have spent 9 anniversaries (including my 1st) away from home and never forgot to phone home. Forgot card  Embarrassed, but never forgot to phone home   angel.

Ade

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 10:47:54 pm »

For 25 of our 34 anniversaries, I have been sitting in a field in Oxfordshire listening to music whilst Mr T languished at home.  I can see him any day of the week..... Grin

Well done Leftie and congrats to you both.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 11:05:43 pm »

June must be the mad  month.  Its our 25th on the 18th June, so yes I've been at LM and missed it, but did phone home!

Back from LM on the sunday this year and off to Majorca on the monday to celebrate / recover for a week.

One thing we did do was time the kids births to miss LM !

Jem
Lurker2004
CA Veteran

The wait is killing me!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 11:15:32 pm »

Grin 18 years for my good self and Mrs Lurker on the 22nd June.

2 Houx Annex tickets wanted??
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 08:05:02 pm »

I think my wirst year was the year I was working away, but was chuffed that I'd remembered to go into Interflora (she doesn't usually get flowers for ANY occassion) but the buggers didn't send them. I arrived home at the weekend expecting some serious gratitude session, all I got was a bollocking for forgetting. Interflora didn't want to give me my money back either, they said they'd send some mroe flowers - a week late!

There was the other occassion when the whole family knew I'd forgotten it, and as we were finished tea the kids gave out their cards. They'd all deliberately not reminded me.

What I have done to help me remember is bought my car MOT a few months early, so when the MOT reminder aqrrives, it (usually) triggers a reminder about the anniversary...

btw LM must be a bit early this year, it's the first year for many that I won't be sitting in France on daughter's birthday (18th). But I fly out to Lanzarote on the Sunday (during the race) so still won't be there with her...  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: