Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:58:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Cameras  (Read 2672 times)
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2008, 11:38:52 pm »

I saw on PistonHeads a warning about a speed camera on the M20 @ Jcn 5.

Just provokes the thought, how about a thread regarding plods favourite locations for cameras on the popular routes, both sides of the channel.
I know the French fixed camera locations are published by the authorities, but what about favourite locations for the mobile traps?

We still use the N138(or whatever it's called now) for a part of the journey and the area around Bernay and Gace seemed to be a particular favourite of Les Scuffeurs to set up their traps.

Any thoughts?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:42:51 pm »

Mortree was always a favourite for speed traps, on the D 958 just before you reach the 138 on the way down from Caen.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 10:30:26 am »

I reckon you're p*ss*ng in the wind if you think you can predict this.  Yesterday when I was running over the Cavalcade route for one last time, they were hiding in a little village in the middle of nowhere.  During last year's run, we found them on a junction on a road which normally is flic free.  Just save your speeding for places where you're sure you can see that there are no blue vehicles with their noses poking out of hedges!

In general though, they seem to favour downhill stretches, villages in the middle of faster roads, and - recently - motorway service areas. Another favourite trick is to lurk just beyond the location of a fixed speed camera when you think you're safe to speed up again.

Don't forget - when you pass the village signs it's 50kph, unless it says otherwise!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 01:20:21 pm »

I'm reliably informed that there is still no automatic transfer of European-won points and fines being enforced when you get back home - it's on it's way, but the systems can't talk to each other yet - language problems maybe??

So, while on-the-spot fines are still a risk, the worst the Gendarmes can do for a speedcam is pursue you through the English courts, if they so wish, but I haven't heard of it happening yet (though there's always a first time...)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 01:30:11 pm »

I'm reliably informed that there is still no automatic transfer of European-won points and fines being enforced when you get back home - it's on it's way, but the systems can't talk to each other yet - language problems maybe??

I think that you're right on that one - I seem to remember it was supposed to come in last September, but the computers still can't talk to each other.  But when they can.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 04:58:32 pm »

Our ferry eaves Pompey at 3.30 Wednesday and arrives about 10.30pm I think.

This means we will be driving down from Caen fairly late on in the evening.

What do people think about les plod being out and about at that time of night.

Jem
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 08:14:29 pm »

Remember, the ones at J5-6 on the M20 are not yet 'legal' as there are no signs up yet anywhere along that route when I passed through on Thursday. As for on the other side of the channel, as Termie says, you have no hope of working out where. The JC's in dept 17 have started to get very efficient with lots on new white focus estates which they are hiding in the service entrances along the autoroutes, by the time you have seen them it's too late - both Mrs JDS and I have been nabbed by them in the last month ......  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: