Club Arnage
May 02, 2024, 01:25:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 - Not sure if I will bother  (Read 32473 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 02:50:52 am »

Robbo,

There is no excuse for leaving a gennie running at night ! Personally i would have got out my tent to go and switch the bugger off as well.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:03 am »

Have to admit, reading all of this really makes me want to go back.  Last time I was there was 2002, and I'd thought the event had to sh*t in a handbascket then, but Yeesh!  I'll stay here and go to Sebring, and the Petit.  Where we don't don't have to worry about theiving f**k*rs, angry pikies, drunk idiots (well, there are some of those at Sebring), vandalizing bastards, etc.
Fax
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 09:05:26 am »

Le mans to me is always what you make of it, all regulars know the problem areas, so if these are an issue for you avoid them  Smiley. Different groups enjoy different aspects of the week at LM.The group you go with and people you meet have a big influence on your enjoyment of the event as does the quality of the racing (this year was a great race).
Our group range in age from 21 to 63 not everyone does the same stuff, but all enjoy the event  Grin. I am already putting together the 09 trip and have more people wanting to take part than ever  Smiley Smiley.
I have only been going for the last six years and every year has been different, but thats part of the draw of LM you do not know what to expect from year to year, which keeps the level of interest high in the event.

This is a great place to be, filled with great people and one of the best motor sport events on the face of this planet.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

The only way is Sideways
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 10:06:47 am »

Last few years I have had plenty of 'sod this, never again' moments. I don't like camping as much as I used to, moaning mates, pikeys, warm beer, bad hangovers etc. But missing a year has helped me put things in perspective- its still the best gig in the world and I won't be missing any more!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 11:00:16 am »

Well, I had a great time, and I think the rest of our group did too.

I avoided the idiots.......watched all the racing I could manage (was awake for the whole race)......the car survived.......no speeding tickets........and I will go back next year.

Priority for me is the race, with some beer and fun thrown in when the cars are not keeping me entertained.

Already thinking to next year.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 01:59:33 pm »

Although I wish I understood why some people come who have absolutely no interest in the track action.  I still don't get why they can't stay at home and leave the circuit and the campsites to those who give a stuff.  Meeting your mates and having a p*ss up is great, but I don't get the mentality which invades our hallowed ground to do nothing else but.

Definately an old f*rtess.

Not an old f*rtess at all.  I wish they wouldn't blo*dy come either.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 02:13:48 pm »

Thought last year was worse. Had an excellent time this year, one of the best. Tecnoparc was realtively quiet due to it's late opening. The Gendarmes seemed to be getting a handle on the mad friday excess. Perhaps if the ACO and Gendarmes banned supersoakers and gopeds then some of the chavs may not come back.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 02:17:56 pm »

Le mans to me is always what you make of it, all regulars know the problem areas, so if these are an issue for you avoid them

Well said!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 04:00:52 pm »

Perhaps if the ACO and Gendarmes banned supersoakers and gopeds then some of the chavs may not come back.

Hurrah! f**k*ng goped and monkey bike riding little twats. I thought the Cutler camp were rigging up some sort of garotte trap but just turned out to be routing a hose for their shower  Sad

As for super soakers, marginally amusing until the booze kicks in and they start filling them with wine and piss. We popped out to Arnage on friday while they were still relatively sober but still had windows done up.

As for this thread, if you don't like it, don't go. Why do something you don't like? For me this year was one of the best ever but that's because of all the brilliant CA people I spent it with. I didn't go anywhere near the trouble areas because they don't interest me. I have to say that despite its openness, HA Nord had no thievery that I'm aware of which I was quite surprised about.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 04:41:31 pm »

It is, as ever, all a matter of perception.  From another (non motorsport) forum today:

"Le Mans 24, Brit fans a credit!!

Whilst driving through France en route to Le Mans and beyond, three days before the Le Mans 24, we were thrilled to be part of a massive UK (mainly lads) convoy to Le Mans.

There were hundreds of British sports cars, ordinary older UK cars painted in racing colours and numbers, vans and mini buses with notices announcing things like 'Lads Le Mans Tour'. Our favourite was the brightly coloured estate car that seemed to pass us time after time and had the words 'Beer Support Wagon' plastered all over it. And when we stopped in rest areas, there were often big groups of young Brits (behaving impeccably) and holding races in the car-parks for their remote controlled cars!

An absolutely fabulous atmosphere all along the A28 autoroute and the Brits taking part were a credit to themselves and the UK!

The sad thing was though, on our return to England last Friday, we saw a couple of the older cars that had given up the ghost on the way back. I only hope their owners go back for them at some stage and not abandon the cars in France for others to deal with ...  "

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
tn*c
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 06:42:55 pm »

...what staying at home?

Great year, good to meet soo many from Club Arnage. Need to sort out tickets for next year for sure, Not using Brittany Ferries to many great shots of fun on LD Lines.

See you all at Silverstone for MKII.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 06:44:11 pm »

...what staying at home?

Great year, good to meet soo many from Club Arnage. Need to sort out tickets for next year for sure, Not using Brittany Ferries to many great shots of fun on LD Lines.

Your login name is not fooling anyone Wink

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 06:48:07 pm »

...what staying at home?

Your login name is not fooling anyone Wink

brad u are vair quick  Cheesy

stay ginger xxx
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 06:49:26 pm »

I can login to what I like at Lunch nad after 5:30, so actually it was pure chance.....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 07:08:41 pm »

I can login to what I like at Lunch nad after 5:30, so actually it was pure chance.....

not at looking at the post...derrrr....you are back to being slow....... Cool

stay ginger xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: