Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 08:06:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "CA Guide to the 24h of Le Mans 2009" project  (Read 18363 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 03:23:54 am »

Hi Werner,
             While at Sebring: I told you i know people with cameras Roll Eyes I reminded them to take pictures for the CAguide angel
Some of them did Shocked I hope they remember to send them to you. I have a couple of out of focus cars and a nice crisp focus of......empty track Cry I do have a nice picture of a sandcastle from my day at the beach if you are interested Grin
Phil

Hi Phil,

ok, let's see the sandcastle - sounds like you had a really good time at Sebring. I'll wait for the first pictures to arrive... BTW: Will you be at Le Mans this year?
Hi Werner,
              Yes I did have a good time at Sebring. You really should try it next year. I am trying to get my act together for Le Mans this year. I will have to figure out how to get digi pictures rom Camera to email  Roll Eyes Stand by but don't hold your breath Grin
 Hi Martin,
             From Memory Audi 1 & 2 Peugot 7 & 8 Corvette 3 & 4 assuming they will use the Black & Yellow at Le Mans.  the rest are less obvious  Grin
Phil
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 02:20:19 am »

Hi Werner,

I have just filled your e mail inbox with pictures of all the cars you requested from Sebring. Sent you a few to choose from for each car. Hope they are what you need.

If you need anything else picture wise from Sebring then just ask.

Regards
Chris
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 09:54:29 am »

Hi Werner,

I have just filled your e mail inbox with pictures of all the cars you requested from Sebring. Sent you a few to choose from for each car. Hope they are what you need.

If you need anything else picture wise from Sebring then just ask.

Regards
Chris

Hi Chris, thanks a lot, excellent pics!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 10:22:46 pm »

A selection of Sebring pics

http://community.webshots.com/album/570764818rrZIzp

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570767278EmGwZT

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570769372DHbrvJ

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570765707opVXaz

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570765997KIsGQB

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 10:10:49 pm »

Hi Werner
I have emailed my contact at Aston Martin nice and early with regards the charity auction and the offer of corporate guide.
Since there has been redundancies there, who knows. I will let you know if names and contact details get sent my way.

Regards

Andy
dks240

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 03:44:32 pm »

As more people read the guide year on year, could more be made about behaving at Le Mans in a section.

How about promoting respect to the other fans and their property. There seems to be more and more complaints each year about people throwing large quantities of water into vehicles along with beer and water pistols filled with urine! This mostly happenning if you not take part in spinning your wheels or revving your engine.

Perhaps also promoting looking out for your fellow campers around you, trying to prevent the thefts people seem to still suffer.

I'm sure most club arnage supporters are not in this minority, but if the guide is getting wider coverage then the wider message might be received.

There does seem the opinion that some of the drunken behaviour is getting out of hand in places. There is a line between having fun and yob/thuggish behaviour which seems to be getting crossed.

If the majority of decent people going look down on this behaviour instead of just allowing it to continue then it might just stop happenning.

enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 04:10:23 pm »

As more people read the guide year on year, could more be made about behaving at Le Mans in a section.

How about promoting respect to the other fans and their property. There seems to be more and more complaints each year about people throwing large quantities of water into vehicles along with beer and water pistols filled with urine! This mostly happenning if you not take part in spinning your wheels or revving your engine.

Perhaps also promoting looking out for your fellow campers around you, trying to prevent the thefts people seem to still suffer.

I'm sure most club arnage supporters are not in this minority, but if the guide is getting wider coverage then the wider message might be received.

There does seem the opinion that some of the drunken behaviour is getting out of hand in places. There is a line between having fun and yob/thuggish behaviour which seems to be getting crossed.

If the majority of decent people going look down on this behaviour instead of just allowing it to continue then it might just stop happenning.

We could do up a Clubarnage neghborhood watch sticker ??

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
JPS Beemer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 11:20:04 am »

Here here DKS.  Since my first attendance in 2002 there has been a steady decline.  The disrespect shown to some classic cars around the Houx Annexe roundabout is unbelievable. 

What used to be a must attend event on Mad Friday has now turned into, for me and my mates (all 27-30 by the way) anyway, a must NOT attend event.  It can't be long either before one of the cars attempting another poor drift wipes a large part of the crowd out.  Having siad that, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing...

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 07:57:40 pm »

Quite right.
There should also be a section that reminds everyone to eat five portions of fruit a day, get regular excercise, make sure there's no dribble marks down their jumpers and that their todgers are properly tucked away before leaving the house.
Avacado bathroom suites should also be frowned upon, and god help anyone who leaves the toilet seat up.
H

* 00007102.gif (16.45 KB, 420x548 - viewed 248 times.)

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 12:08:34 am »

Quite right.
There should also be a section that reminds everyone to eat five portions of fruit a day, get regular excercise, make sure there's no dribble marks down their jumpers and that their todgers are properly tucked away before leaving the house.
Avacado bathroom suites should also be frowned upon, and god help anyone who leaves the toilet seat up.
H

Team Zarse are noted for our consistently high level of fruit consumption at LM (assuming sausages are a fruit), though I'm afraid we fall down rather on the todger tucking away front.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 02:01:47 am »

good idea, can i suggest Bob U for crapping in your underpants and showing the deed off, Pig Pen for Piano Burning and Robspot for three piece incineration, i'm sure someone has the recipe for blowing up tents, Slim of Team JPC for being comatose for a week.  Yep CA are well equipped for giving out a standard.
I would post pics of all the above mentioned acts.... but that would give the wrong impression to everyone.
Could I also add that the red velour sofa was mine... as was the Piano and if you look in a previous thread "Fire" there are other images of good conduct. Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 09:37:18 am »

Team Zarse are noted for our consistently high level of fruit consumption at LM (assuming sausages are a fruit), though I'm afraid we fall down rather on the todger tucking away front.

Quite....

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 01:12:02 am »

Quite....

That is such an awful picture... I love it! PMSL! Grin
PP (Of The Brethren, not Team Zarse... for the uninformed Wink)

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 10:23:51 am »

Hi there

Girls & guys, I need some support: Regular readers of our CA Guide know the chapter "weblinks" at the end of the guide, 3 pages full of links to team websites, drivers, racetracks and other. Today I followed the Team Goh link and found that this domain is now owned by something what looks like a japanese chinaware factory Grin

Could someone of you take the herculean task to check all these links and see if they are still valid, remove the ones which aren't valid any more and probably add a few new ones - but not exceed the 3 page limit ...?

I would need your e-mail-adress and would send you this chapter as a word-file, so you can edit your changes directly in there. Deadline for this job would be in 3 weeks time from now on, say May 18th 2009, and you will of course be credited for it in the guide Smiley

Cheers

Werner
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:26:07 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 10:44:30 am »

pm sent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: