Club Arnage
May 11, 2024, 08:47:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatch Warren Beer Festival 12th September  (Read 12397 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:19:33 pm »

It's that time of year again when my local community centre in Basingstoke hosts the Annual Hatch Warren Beer Festival which I am one of the organisers of. There are 28 real ales and 4 ciders, plus wine and soft drinks. Entrance is £7 which includes your first half pint and a souvenir glass. Further drinks are then £1.20 per half and we operate a token system to make service faster at the bar. There is a live band on both Friday and Saturday evenings. This year it is held over the weekend of the 12th-14th September so clashes with Silverstone somewhat but we have devised a cunning plan!

Some of the DfH guys, plus Team Zarse, The Pig-Pens, Doris, Rick and others will be coming to my place on the Friday evening and attending the beer festival with me. We will then stay at my place on the Friday night (bring a tent) and then most will depart for Silverstone on the Saturday morning. I need to be at the beer festival again on the Saturday night so I won't be heading to Silverstone until Sunday morning. If anyone else if interested in attending then the more the merrier. For those wanting a little more luxury then there are a couple of cheap hotels in the near vicinity.

IIRC, Team Zarse, Rick, Doris, Bob U and Smokie have all attended in the past and I'm sure they'll vouch for what a good night it is!

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:39:33 pm »

Half pints?Huh  Shocked

So we will walking a bit more towards the bar then usual. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:49:14 pm »

Just you lot make sure you get to Silverstone otherwise I'm going to be billy-no-mates sitting there alone under the gazebo, sheltering from the inevitable rain and talking to myself. (story of this summer then). Beer festival scmeerfestival,,,,

I tested negative for patience.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:13:33 pm »

IIRC, Team Zarse, Rick, Doris, Bob U and Smokie have all attended in the past and I'm sure they'll vouch for what a good night it is!

A good night? Jeez, it's a hideous night, but the mornings are even worse!  Sad Needless to say, Gimp and myself will be there again, possibly Chris and Paul Z as well. Then we're heading up to Silverstain, would anyone like a lift in the Commer for the authentic Le Mans experience?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:00:33 pm »

A good night? Jeez, it's a hideous night, but the mornings are even worse!  Sad Needless to say, Gimp and myself will be there again, possibly Chris and Paul Z as well. Then we're heading up to Silverstain, would anyone like a lift in the Commer for the authentic Le Mans experience?

I would Andy.  Especially as it may be the only chance I get of a lift in the old girl before I head off to foreign shores.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:17:59 pm »

Unfortunately I won't be there as I'll be away, but I should be at silverstone on the Sunday, dependant on what time my flight gets back, and whether I feel like a Zombie or not - technically I am meant to be working on Monday, so I suspect 12 hours of travelling and then a days racing probably isn't the best idea....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:02:45 pm »

Dirk might need a lift, cramming five people in my car isn't that funny you know...

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 09:08:26 pm »

I would Andy.  Especially as it may be the only chance I get of a lift in the old girl before I head off to foreign shores.

Dx

And before I send her to the scrap heap for christmas!  Evil

tn*c
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 09:09:38 pm »

I will be at both and leaving marks on saturday for silverstone and also have room in the car albiet not as classic as a commer.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 12:25:16 am »

Ha.. Pig Pen returns Cool
I will be there and Lady PP too depending on her trip to Alton Towers. That is yet to be sorted as her lift will be passing on the M3 on Sat morning but at an hour that will not be appropriate to a JPC gathering Evil

There will also be a new PPmobile on the JPC drive for the event...... its a beauty and is replacing the Chavalier and will shock people as its not 18 years old. She is delivered to my mechanics tomorrow and will be rolling in time for beerfest.....
Can you guess what it is yet? Grin.... it has leather seats!!!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 01:59:31 am »

I will be there and Lady PP too depending on her trip to Alton Towers. That is yet to be sorted as her lift will be passing on the M3 on Sat morning but at an hour that will not be appropriate to a JPC gathering Evil

There will also be a new PPmobile on the JPC drive for the event...... its a beauty and is replacing the Chavalier and will shock people as its not 18 years old. She is delivered to my mechanics tomorrow and will be rolling in time for beerfest.....

It's not that Hearse you were after is it? 

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 09:31:51 am »

Please God let it be a Rover 800 Coupe.

nickliv
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 12:51:30 pm »

It's a cow.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 01:40:37 pm »

If Lady Pig Pen had anything to do with it......................

* pig pens new ride.jpg (117.53 KB, 325x205 - viewed 274 times.)

The Brethren Rock
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 04:43:32 pm »

i think he means it has "barely marked" leather seats.....russ that car is lovely, where can we get one???something actually fell off my micra this morning (in the lashing rain,) it's still going i just can't reverse it anymore Sad

stay ginger xxx
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: