Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 08:10:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Drivers Parade  (Read 6891 times)
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2003, 11:34:21 pm »

Is it worth the effort of making it into town for the drivers parade on the Friday evening?  Never been in the years I have been to Le Mans, but thought about it a couple of times, but then I start drinking and opps... its midnight..!

We were invited down with the Danes last year on their coach from Beausejour, cant remember why I didnt go....  Huh Roll Eyes

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 05:16:20 am »

Hi Dreamcars, I have gone a few times. I think it is worth the effort. Go to town : get lost: find your way back: It's all part of the fun.
Canada Phil
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 10:33:45 am »

Well worth the effort.  2 of our group were in the actual parade last yar, being members of the TVR club.  The best bit was the passenger in the Taimar, when asked by the mad French compare if he had anything to say shouted "Come on, England!"  Very patriotic young man.  THe dignatries didn't looked too impressed.

The other added bonus is you get to chat to the Hawian Tropic girls, although the conversation does tend to centre around chant of "show us your t**S"
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 11:33:06 am »

The other added bonus is you get to chat to the Hawian Tropic girls, although the conversation does tend to centre around chant of "show us your t**S"

I'll be there then!!  Tongue

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 01:17:25 pm »

Worth a trip into town, if you're worried about alcohol withdrawal symptoms there are about 4 bars around the square, from where you can chant 'get your tits' out at the HT girls or any other nubile french tottie walking past. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 11:20:00 pm »

A must for the fans of the cars drivers and the birds. get to the back of the square and you can walk amongst the no hussle and bussle in the square. just up from the scrutineering area. ave fransoise miterrand or ave pierre mendes are the best.

Andy
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 11:42:19 am »

Friday afternoon in town is well worth the effort.  If you don't want to drive get the bus.  The bus stop is up the road past the museum and the Expo Campsite.  Coming back you can get a bus from the train station or a cab.

Jem
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 03:55:11 pm »

Jem

I think I know where you mean - Does it leave from near where the bus for Arnage and Mulsanne go from by the main gate?

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 04:14:33 am »

Hi Dreamcars, Not the shuttle stop the Bus to town on Friday is a Le Mans City Bus. It leaves from the cemetery up the road from the museum and Expo as Jem said. Exit main enterance turn right nad walk about one  Km.
Canada Phil
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 09:38:57 am »

Cheers chap!  

Hi Dreamcars, Not the shuttle stop the Bus to town on Friday is a Le Mans City Bus. It leaves from the cemetery up the road from the museum and Expo as Jem said. Exit main enterance turn right nad walk about one  Km.
Canada Phil

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: