Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 01:29:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petite Anyone Going?  (Read 21529 times)
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 01:41:29 am »

Larry and I had a great time at one the most fantastic races I have ever seen with the magician, McNish cutting his way from two laps down to finish the thing #1.  Wow what a driver.  Good to see you Phil, Lee,Mr and Ms Fax, and of course, Amazing Randy.  It was a great view from Turn 3 with ring side seats.  Glad everyone made it home in good shape.
The season ended today at Laguna Seca with an Audi win but I am NOT up to date on who is going to be competing next season.  I understand that a lot of teams cannot get sponsorships or they are just dissolving the team.  Any websites to look at about all of this?Huh
Thanks
John
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 01:35:25 pm »

So, the racing season is over for me. I've decided to go back to the Rolex 24 Hours next season. Before you all start throwing rotten fruit in my direction, the past couple of editions of the race has been quite entertaining (viewing Speed) and as the Speedway is just up the street from me, I think I'll try it live again.

Looks like you  will have some Turn 10 Co.as well. Cheesy
Lee and I have decided to go. Grin
Kind of a warm-up for annoying people at Sebring.LOL Grin Grin

Amazing Randy

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 04:17:07 am »

So, the racing season is over for me. I've decided to go back to the Rolex 24 Hours next season. Before you all start throwing rotten fruit in my direction, the past couple of editions of the race has been quite entertaining (viewing Speed) and as the Speedway is just up the street from me, I think I'll try it live again.

Looks like you  will have some Turn 10 Co.as well. Cheesy
Lee and I have decided to go. Grin
Kind of a warm-up for annoying people at Sebring.LOL Grin Grin

Amazing Randy
Hi Guys,
            Take a warm coat and enjoy the racing. Just don't tell us you like the DP's Roll Eyes
Phil
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 01:39:28 pm »

I think I was drinking again when we made that decision...

DP = BAD

'see, I thought we had agreed to go to Sebring Lite in Dec....
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 03:31:21 pm »

We did that as well.

You are going !

DP = Lots of time to drink with your friends. Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 07:35:38 pm »

I confess to having been to the 24 Hours since the running of the DPs (certainly better before) and you still have the fun of camping with race fans and sleeping with the sound of the cars on the track.  Having said that, I wouldn't go again because of a ticket issue with the track, they really ripped me off and received payment twice but wouldn't correct it.
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 10:28:31 pm »

Word around the camp sites several years ago was that those entered in the 5K run on Saturday morning were allowed entrance into the track 2-3 hours before the advertised gate opening. If you're doing the day trip, it might be worth looking into.

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 10:41:23 pm »

I'll admit that Kirsten & I have talked about making a trip to the Rolex, but I'm not really sold on it yet.  Not so much of a issue with the DP cars, we all accept that they're pretty much a joke.  But as F-Troop Mom pointed out, its still camping and having some sh*ts & giggles at a 24 hour race.  My biggest bone of contention is with the Nazi's that run the Daytona International Speedway and the storm troopers that patrol the place.  Last time I was there for the 24 Hrs they were chasing the fans off the grounds before the damn podium ceremonies were even finished.  Very much a case of "Thanks for spending your hard earned money here, now get the f**k out!".
There's absolutely nothing fan friendly, or just friendly in general about the place, you get barked at by everyone, from the concession workers right up to the SS that pose as Daytona police officers.  Don't think I really want to put up with their bullsh*t when I can go to Sebring a month and a half later and have a blast watching the ALMS.
Fax
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:51:55 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 11:01:14 pm »

The season ended today at Laguna Seca with an Audi win but I am NOT up to date on who is going to be competing next season.  I understand that a lot of teams cannot get sponsorships or they are just dissolving the team.  Any websites to look at about all of this?Huh
Thanks
John

Try

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/default.asp

or theres always www.dailysportscar.com but this is a subscription site.

Regards
Chris

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 11:05:48 pm »

Don't think I really want to put up with their bullsh*t when I can go to Sebring a month and a half later and have a blast watching the ALMS.
Fax

Just make sure you do that in March John!!  I haven't managed to buy a t-shirt for the last two years as I was missing my guide!!  Grin

My flights are already booked so I guess it's time you confirmed your tiem off and got yours booked too!!  Smiley
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 05:20:19 pm »

Hey Mark,
Looking at flights this afternoon Wink  Its been two years since I've been there, time to get back for some fun in the sun.  Trust me, March in Ohio is every bit as bleak as it is in England.  Sebring makes a nice warm getaway.
Fax
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2008, 12:01:59 am »

Hey Mark,
Looking at flights this afternoon Wink  Its been two years since I've been there, time to get back for some fun in the sun.  Trust me, March in Ohio is every bit as bleak as it is in England.  Sebring makes a nice warm getaway.
Fax

Yes warm getaway... Loved the tornado two years ago, oh and after the race it was still cold sitting around a log fire, everyone went to bed... their own.
Welcome to sunny Florida...

Racing and the company on 'Team Pidge' site was good though...

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 03:29:48 pm »

Hey Mark,
Fax

Sebring? Warm!??  Shocked Brass monkeys more like

Still, I'm hopeful of getting there in March, so would be great to hook up with you again John.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 04:17:55 pm »

Hey Mark,
Fax

Racing and the company on 'Team Pidge' site was good though...

>Martini...

I'm suprised you remember it Martin Grin

* Martin Sebring 07.JPG (35.12 KB, 234x312 - viewed 223 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2008, 04:22:57 pm »

Thanks for resizing that one Bob, it was more scary full size than anything Halloween might throw at us...  Evil
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: