Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 06:32:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Popemobile saved for the nation by The Brethren  (Read 214467 times)
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 12:36:53 pm »

I can not believe that this classic piece of Le Mans furniture is : A being sold : B on Flee Bay : this vehicle only has one home next to the circuit on MB and should be placed there , I have camped near this vehicle for a number of years and have stopped chatted to the guys and read the van. This vehicle should not be allowed to leave the Le Mans crowd. What a shame   Sad Sad Sad Sad

A clear case of "Put up or ........."   Wink
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 02:24:03 pm »

£750 and it could be yours (but below the reserve)

Not a good price.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 02:27:51 pm »

750 notes and it could be yours (subject to reserve)

Not a lot, is it

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 10:34:30 am »

This eBay ad mentions Popemobiles, but not "our one". http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330299932725#ht_636wt_1188
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 09:14:25 pm »

Would be nice to add to the collection but 6 cars and a motorbike are enough for one man and if i accquired another vehicle Mrs jack the Hat would have me sleeping in the shed or the pope mobile  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The only way is Sideways
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 08:52:48 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Brethren have some news that you may be pleased to hear.

Rusty and I took a roadtrip to Wales on Saturday to look at something rather special..... that being The Popemobile. Grin

Negotiations had been ongoing since the Ebay auction ended and a viewing and test drive were required.

We went, we saw, I drove and a deposit has been placed. (I Overtook a cyclist!)

She will be ours in the next few weeks and will reside at Pig Pen Towers and be subject to some extensive refurbishment of the somewhat tired interior will be undertaken.

I have never seen a TK cab, chassis and engine in such fine order. It really is amazing and makes it obvious that the 15000 miles on the clock in the immaculate dash are true.

We have bought a piece of both RAF and Le Mans history and will fettle, restore and improve to keep her rolling for many years..... but my god is it slow.... the drive back, M4, A34, M3, M27, A31 will be long and leisurely ( My mechanic mate is following in the technical support vehicle ) and will culminate in a welcoming ceremony at my local in the forest.

Watch this space for updates!

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
tn*c
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 09:05:16 pm »

Awesome mate you should have dropped in! We are 2 mins in car from the A34. Albeit 20mins in the Popemobile!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 09:08:10 pm »

I'm sure I speak for everyone, when I say I'm very pleased that the Popemobile has found a suitable new home.

I'm sure its going to need some tender loving care, but anyone who can assess the condition of a Bedford TK cab, chassis and engine must have a hidden past that could prove useful

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 09:12:48 pm »

fantastic news, was only thinking the other day what happened to the pope mobile (when I posted the pope motorbike pic) Bass Charrington use to run loads of them in the 70’s to deliver beer. So sounds like it indestructible, also seen ones posted on eBay fitted with power steering and extra power.

Good luck.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 09:20:40 pm »

Great news indeed.
PM
PrincessAlex

:D little devil in angels skin:D

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »

just to say hello one more time.Popemobile looks fantastic. can imagine some girls inside of it in bikini hehe.xx
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 09:29:06 pm »

For those that are unaware... Princess Alex is Lady PP's friend. Beautiful Lady Evil

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 09:33:18 pm »

Great news.  Glad it's going to a worthy home.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 09:35:17 pm »

very good news!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 09:43:15 pm »

Rex  the princess can only further enhance your entourage mate..As indeed will the Popemobile

which engine does she (the Popemobile of course, Polish princess power plants are less readily assessed, I may need to do some research there!) have, is it the diesel or the wonderful all singing Bedford petrol engine (where the hell did I put that spare dizzy??)

Way back in the mists of time I passed my HGV in a TK, always had a soft spot for the beasties since then. (Did ALL my lessons in a very fast petrol RL then had no choice but to use the TK on test day, blooming RL had a whoopsie again...)  Happy days

Anyway congratulations mon ami, wont need to hide under any trees with her around when it is time for a weeeee, legit "up against a tyre" jobbie.

Presumably Rusty is hard at work, nose to grindstone working up a new livery for the beast. Skulls and crossed cutlasses figuring in her logo???

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: