Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 07:31:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Popemobile saved for the nation by The Brethren  (Read 214472 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2009, 05:08:40 pm »

Lady PP was horrified to see that there are 8 pages of Popemobile thread......

Earlier in this thread she Lady PP was asking for sympathy Roll Eyes I think she is pissing in the wind on that one. Come on Rex try to get her to see the importance of it. If we have sh*te weather like 2001 & 2007 she will be glad of said vehicle then with a dry and warm place to sleep.

yeah it'll be a godsend if it rains and 50 smelly men all sleep in it, snoring away....i can imagine how pleased i'll be that i can snuggle down between perdu and bob u (complete with last years trousers).....gosh im soooo lucky really   Wink  pink ted says if he were to be truely honest he'd rather stay out in the rain and get soggy then risk a chance meeting with the gimp in a darkened popemobile....

Well I'm shocked

I have no desire to share a darkened TK with any number of people, mates or not

At whch point I mention that I always sleep in air-conditioned* solitude, alone and on my own...  Although I would make an exception for a certain sophisticated French mademoiselle I met a few miles north of LM last year, but I expect no such great fortune at my advanced years...

Ms lpp a kind invitation into the lovely Popemobile, a very des res some years I'll be bound. I feel honour bound to decline.

tssk tssk

* Have you seen/felt/experienced the condition of some of that Sartheois air in June?  Shocked

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2009, 09:45:53 pm »

Just had official permission from my old man for the Popemobile to live at Pig Pen Towers. The old PP loves anything mechanical and will probably wash her too... That saves on the £200 a year to keep her at Swinger Jimmys farm. Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2009, 01:55:18 am »

So has the PopeMobile arrived in the haunts of Bashley yet? I ve a suitably tastless plastic gold centre chandleir (with on shade missing) and wall lights that I could donate if required???
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2009, 07:57:36 pm »

.......my old man .....
Accordong to Debretts, that must be Duke Pen of Bashley.

Anyway, buy him a caravan cleaning brush from Towsure

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2009, 08:51:40 pm »

.......my old man .....
Accordong to Debretts, that must be Duke Pen of Bashley.

Anyway, buy him a caravan cleaning brush from Towsure
Thats the one... and its him that is responsible for my LM addiction. What sort of father takes a 15 year old beer enthusiast and a mate to Le Mans with one of his heavy drinking friends. A bloody good one!! Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2009, 11:13:47 pm »

She now has her own facebook group and email address! Grin
Feel free to join!!

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2009, 11:14:30 pm »

Thanks for the invite  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2009, 11:19:16 pm »

Thanks for the invite  Grin

Your welcome  Grin

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2009, 11:58:06 pm »

Popemobile Facebook group is building. Please feel free to join and add any pics or links you have. Cant wait to get her home and get to work. If you dont Facebook, then please Pm me if you have goodies and I will give you my email.
Cheers

PP Grin

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2009, 12:04:24 am »

32 Group memebers already... wooo Grin

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2009, 04:00:02 pm »

JP Chenet call me yesterday from RAF Halton. He had spotted a yellow Popemobile by the Gliding Club hanger!
I have just spoken to the chap that looks after it and he has loads of info on them at home. I have to call him back on Wednesday and he will give me a full run down.

His one is a 2.0L 4 pot petrol and he advised that going over 30mph is suicidal!!

I will update once I have spoken to him again.

PP

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2009, 05:00:38 pm »

There have been a number of suggestions for a rename but part of the sale agreement was that the name should stay the same, which we will have to honour. It can have 2 names of course Grin

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2009, 11:45:18 pm »

That is an issue I dont want to think about... although as it runs basic points, rotor arm and coil ignition with simple  belt driven fan and alternator... should be ok Huh
All spares will be carried... and the oil bath air filter will be replaced with gusset of tights and a cable tie.. used of course!! Grin

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2009, 12:31:35 pm »

Its probably been set up to run on sh!te petrol, so a bit more advance (if it has any) on the dizzy may help.

As for the name, I think this is all back to front.  The Brethren should be renamed, probably to the Brothers, to maintain the religious theme.  So this now makes Rex Cardinal Pig Pen, and there can be no Lady PP, but there is scope for a Mrs Doyle (if you remember Father Ted), and several volunteers for Father Jack

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2009, 12:47:47 pm »

The Brethren is surely an appropiate name, given the religious connections of the name.
Lady PP could be changed, an image of a Nuns wimple comes to mind. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: