Club Arnage
April 23, 2024, 04:44:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Popemobile saved for the nation by The Brethren  (Read 216514 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »

I watched the Lm wall of death loads of times. I seem to remember that they had a bike out front on a rolling road type thing with some chap doing all sorts of tricks...
Some of the rides looked rather unsafe too... the drop tower thing looked like it had been in the sea for a few years and real shotguns with more than one pellet in them... oh they were the days Grin
The big wheel still gives a good view though...

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2009, 12:10:37 am »

One more from the other nite... Wink

* Popetarts.jpg (267.36 KB, 639x479 - viewed 416 times.)

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2009, 12:02:47 pm »

I think that viewing platform could do with a pole in the middle of it.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2009, 12:39:36 pm »

Some of the rides looked rather unsafe too...

The wooden track go-carts were most unsafe. The first year I went 6 of us all had a go, one guy decided to use the safety belt attached to the seat to be a little safer. A couple of laps in he was wacked up the arse and found out that the belt may have been attached to the seat but the seat wasn't attached to the cart. Most amusing to see him laying on the track still belted to the seat with every other cart swerving to avoid him. I have a photo somewhere, must dig it out.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2009, 02:02:49 pm »

The old fun fair was good value, but you really had to be in the right mood for it.

We only tried the go karts the once, the same ones are featured on the film Le Mans, thats how old they are and they did not look new then! Once your time was up they put a barrier across the track, caught out a few people.

The strippers, well what can you say, about a 100 guys crammed into the back of a lorry to see some dodgy tarts. you really had to be there, it was hot and sweaty is all I can remember! Its bizzare to think that we even thought one was better than the other. Thats the power of beer for you.

The fattest lady, my brother had a post card with her on it for years. I expect he still has, then there was aligator boy and a couple of others over the years.

I refused to go on the rides on H & S grounds, the rollercoster seemed to be standing on various bits of random wood to make it level, not sure if some of the feet were even touching it.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2009, 02:03:45 pm »

...... and real shotguns with more than one pellet in them... oh they were the days Grin

They still have those in France (just not at an increasingly sanitised LM) - went to the fair at La Rochelle last summer and about 6-8 stalls of them - great fun!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2009, 08:42:50 pm »

Thanks for the pics,makes me feel like I was there.

Randy

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2009, 08:56:28 pm »

I was there on Saturday but I didn't notice one. Then again I wasn't looking.
MG Mark will know for sure.

Only just catching up - none that we have are yellow to my knowledge, all of ours in service have a red and white chequerboard colour scheme.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2009, 12:50:32 pm »

Now LM is done and dusted the transformation can begin........ watch this space Grin

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2009, 01:50:50 pm »

Regular progress reports with pics I hope.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2009, 01:58:56 pm »

Thats the plan. Grin

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2009, 09:50:48 pm »

The old fun fair was good value, but you really had to be in the right mood for it.

We only tried the go karts the once, the same ones are featured on the film Le Mans, thats how old they are and they did not look new then! Once your time was up they put a barrier across the track, caught out a few people.

The strippers, well what can you say, about a 100 guys crammed into the back of a lorry to see some dodgy tarts. you really had to be there, it was hot and sweaty is all I can remember! Its bizzare to think that we even thought one was better than the other. Thats the power of beer for you.

The fattest lady, my brother had a post card with her on it for years. I expect he still has, then there was aligator boy and a couple of others over the years.

I refused to go on the rides on H & S grounds, the rollercoster seemed to be standing on various bits of random wood to make it level, not sure if some of the feet were even touching it.

My mate still feels queasy when I remind him what one of the strippers did to him. Lets just say he still has this recurring taste of tuna.........or was it haddock?Huh

I tested negative for patience.
Pastis_JPC

A long way from home - 4.2 light years in fact!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2009, 01:54:41 am »

I think some of the 'soul' went from LM when they moved (and castrated!) the fair.  Go Karts - 30 'beered up' guy's and foot to the floor racing.  What more fun can you have!?

Then down to the strippers tent to release all that pent up tension................................ Tongue

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2009, 01:43:14 pm »

Rex - you could start a collection - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280362428637&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Perfect for Le mans - its a "Chemical Incident Unit"

If you're going through hell, keep going.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2009, 08:38:48 pm »

We need to reserve a space next to the toilets for this.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: