Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 03:23:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Charity - web articles  (Read 12616 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:53:32 am »

Not sure how the 2009 charity is at present.

But found this on the web today, first time I have seen it and made me smile with pride.

To all the work done by everyone in DFH & CA and everyone else. Well done - raise a glass this weekend and cheers to all

Club Arnage
Club Arnage is a group of motor racing enthusiasts with a particular love of the Le Mans 24 hour race. Every year they pitch their tents at the famous road circuit in France and enjoy a week of high speed thrills leading up to the race which this year was held on the weekend of 11th / 12th / 13th July 2008. One of the club traditions is the charity auction in which members bid for Le Mans related items such as steering wheels from previous year's participants and signed race memorabilia. This year the auction raised an amazing £732.32 for AICR. Pictured is club member Mike Connell handing over the cheque to AICR's e-Commerce Manager Jack Cumming. Mike drove the cheque all the way from Le Mans to the AICR offices in St. Andrews.

We would like to thank Mike and his family for dropping in to see the work we do and also send our best wishes to all of the Club Arnage members who were so generous in bidding for items in the auction
http://www.aicr.org.uk/ClubArnage.stm

oh yea, Mike looks young  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:57:14 am »

Great work finding this Neil!  I've just finished writing a piece for the AICR relating to last year's auction.  (I think Jack may have confused 2007 with 2008 in his write up below).  I'm sure that can be remedied easily enough though. 

Anyway ... This year ... Not entirely sure how it's going to work with the Dutch not having a stage / Friday night gig at LM this year.  Suggestions welcome guys.  Time to get your thinking caps on. 

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:38:41 pm »

11th/12th/13th July? Christ I must have been drunk I could have sworn in was June when I went Wink

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:51:45 pm »

Mike drove the cheque all the way from Le Mans to the AICR offices
Yeah right. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:55:38 pm »

Yeah right. Grin
Non stop.  Belive me!!   Evil Evil Evil

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 04:10:17 pm »

Yeah right. Grin
Non stop.  Belive me!!   Evil Evil Evil

t.

To be fair he did pick the 'cheque' up in Le Mans before taking it all the way to the AICR offices so in one way the write-up is correct.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 05:19:09 pm »

I seem to remember the big prolem was getting the Cheque from your car to Mikes car.

t. angel

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 05:49:03 pm »

The Chq never left the mobilehome from Le Mans untill it arrived in St Andrews. it never took me a month to drive there. It was delivered when we were on holiday. BTW if you are Lookng for an act for Friday night, Jack(IACR) is supposed to be sh-t hot on the GEETAR and he can sing a bit.

Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
nickliv
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 05:08:59 pm »

Great work finding this Neil!  I've just finished writing a piece for the AICR relating to last year's auction.  (I think Jack may have confused 2007 with 2008 in his write up below).  I'm sure that can be remedied easily enough though. 

Anyway ... This year ... Not entirely sure how it's going to work with the Dutch not having a stage / Friday night gig at LM this year.  Suggestions welcome guys.  Time to get your thinking caps on. 

Dx

How about on Ebay, purely online, with links from the fundraising page on CA? (After the race, with pointers / spoilers in the handbook?)
Jackcu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 02:02:19 pm »

<Jack hangs head in shame>

Sorry for the error in moving the race back a month - this has been corrected now. Also looks like I've got my years mixed up - apologies.

If you need someone to sing at your party I'd be only too happy - just as well you have ear protection though! Just write a nice letter to my Boss telling him it's extremely important that I be given the week off Smiley

All the best and THANKS!

Jack @ AICR

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: