Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 09:43:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEAUSEJOUR SOLD OUT?  (Read 10007 times)
Topcatz

... cars ... mates ... BEER! - must be Le Mans ;-)

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:42:19 pm »

Before the PANIC starts, I don't have any inside info., so this may be a temporary glitch!

Needed to buy another pitch to add to our existing pitches to accommodate some latecomers, went to the ACO site middle of last week to be greeted with 'STOCK EXHAUSTED' !!!!

B**GER, F*CK & D*MN IT! - Have to pay for overpriced agency 'bundle'  Sad

I didn't have time to hunt around for agencies at the time so left it a couple of days, then miraculously the ACO had tickets on sale again, so I grabbed one quick!

Today I checked again, just out of curiosity, and once again 'STOCK EXHAUSTED' !!!!!!

BSJ is huge, so what's going on? Is the place packed to the gunnels 'cos they've forced everyone off the other sites on to this one, or have the ACO hived off huge numbers of tickets to the agencies!

I really can't believe it is fully booked, I know it's the only site you can book on-line, but it's generally not a popular choice.

Anyone have any insight into the murky goings on at the ACO?

TC
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:56:07 pm »

I think this happened several times last year, and each time BSJ re-appeared. If anyone is really worried, it's worth telephoning the girls at the ACO - they speak English  Wink
Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:16:03 am »

The ticket office told me they'd lost 2,500 camping spaces this year because of the building works around the new stadium, so it might be related to that. But in the past they've simply hired more fields and extended beausejour (not always in a good way - the field I was in last last year seemed to have had liquid manure poured on it).
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:50:33 am »

The cynical side of me says that the ACO have lost lots of spaces on the 'prime' areas, sold the majority of the remaining spaces to the agencies (gaurenteed dosh in an uncertain year) and then offered BSJ to the majority of the personal applicants ......
Topcatz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 05:48:32 pm »

Just out of curiosity, since my original post, been checking occasionally to see how the availability was and it's been flipping back and forth between 'Stock Exhausted' and 'Available', this afternoon it was flagged as 'Stock Exhausted' again.

It looks like they've been acquiring more tickets/spaces as demand dictates, but only in dribs and drabs.

2,500 pitches is an awful lot to 'lose', if they've all been relocated to BSJ, then it's going to be pretty packed. Camped there for quite a few years now and never seen it full, but I think this year could be very different.

If you are one of the unfortunate ones who turn up late in the week, then generally the best pitches have all gone (they are allocated on arrival - you don't get to choose!) and the ones that are left are sometimes quite poor, as Radar commented!

Slightly off topic, but related!
No doubt about it, the ACO have cocked up the single entrance/exit to the main BSJ site for the last few years since they gave over the whole front field to the Danes and forced the rest of us to negotiate a narrow chicane entrance shared by vehicles AND pedestrians.

If the site is jam packed full and they haven't improved the entrance then it's going to be HELL getting in and out. At times we've come uncomfortably close to being run down by the larger vehicles because you CANNOT get out of the way due to the lack of space and sheer volume of bodies crushing up behind you! - I just hope it doesn't take a serious injury or even a death before the ACO plan the entrance properly!

TC
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:59:20 pm »

The entrance with the Danes having their camp at the front is really a hotspot. BSJ was quite okay from the attendance in 2007 when I was there, but the way around the danish camp was really dangerous as you can't look around the corners and security is not always up to date with the desires of in and outgoing drivers.
They should really think about the Danes and let pedestrians walk through the camp. Having been on BSJ in 06 (without fencing for the Danes) and 2007 with their high security camp it made a 20min difference walking to the Porsche curves - and we arrived on wednesday 5am
Also the sanitaries where in very bad shape as all cleaning personell was working for the Danes and normal people's sanitary were only cleaned early in the morning - and remember the weather Angry

I hope it's only this year with the ticket problems, but I don't understand the ACO making up lost ground that far away from the village. Annexe was already made smaller for 2008 and now there's a soccer stadium around???
Where did they play before???
Also what up with the Bugatti track? Now extended through the Maison Blanche site, but still a boring track. Changes were not really necessary imho
It's just that I have every year the impression of being a persona non grata camping, having a few (more) beers and walking around the muddy/dusty spectator areas.
Can they have a quarter million spectators sleeping in hotels and watching the race from the grandstands??? No, get back to the roots ACO!!!

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Topcatz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 01:17:33 am »

Looks like BSJ really is full!

ACO have had 'STOCK EXHAUSTED' up over last couple of weeks and still showing now.

Just to convince me even more, they have a 'new' campsite, DAIRON, now available. It's not shown on the ACO 09 brochure, but was shown on the 08 one. It's located behind PINCENARDIERE and next to BSJ and apparently has no showers only loos.

Who thought you couldn't get any 'worse' than BSJ, the good old ACO can beat that, they can give you DAIRON, where you have to walk miles and can't even wash the muck and sweat off afterwards!  Sad - I won't mention ALL the other bodily fluids that 'some' of you apparently need to cleanse yourselves of from time to time! Grin
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 01:54:02 am »

ACO have had 'STOCK EXHAUSTED' up over last couple of weeks and still showing now.

Just to convince me even more, they have a 'new' campsite, DAIRON, now available. It's not shown on the ACO 09 brochure, but was shown on the 08 one. It's located behind PINCENARDIERE and next to BSJ and apparently has no showers only loos.

Who thought you couldn't get any 'worse' than BSJ, the good old ACO can beat that, they can give you DAIRON, where you have to walk miles and can't even wash the muck and sweat off afterwards!  Sad - I won't mention ALL the other bodily fluids that 'some' of you apparently need to cleanse yourselves of from time to time! Grin

As I said in an earlier posting, the ACO are aiming the 'corporates' and us regulars and real fans are being bounced.

The corporates on the outlying sites supply loos and free transport.

This could be my last year. I'll just go to the Classic with the Triumph Club etc and alternate with the Manx or something like Sebring.

That is unless the ACO take thier finger out of thier arse and start planning properly.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:56:45 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 01:18:44 pm »

Complaining about the absence of showers, what a bunch of sissies, what's next will you demand a bidet?  Grin

But seriously in 2008 and before there were many campsites without showers, not a big deal imo be creative make one yourself, go to the pool or to another campsite that does have showers.

Also I think that people who leave it as late as March (nearly April) to make arrangements for Le Mans, should be happy that they still can obtain a campsite ticket in the first place,even though it will be a bit of a trek to the village and without showers.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 02:20:12 pm »

Use the Sebring option for a shower: Babywipes!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Topcatz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 02:56:58 pm »

Made the mistake of taking incorrect info from another LM supporters site, the ACO site says that DAIRON does have showers (didn't last year!), so I owe the ACO a bit of an apology.  Embarrassed

Bas, this is France, why shouldn't we expect Bidets Tongue But our expectations are set much lower, we tend to be more grateful for a light bulb and/or a toilet seat, and a loo that will flush down the hole and not over your feet!

OK, no showers for a w/e is tolerable, as you say, you CAN improvise, but to put a little prospective on our outlook, we are there for 7 days, and there will be up to 12 of us in our party, so things like camping solar showers are not really a viable option.

The other point is, we are putting nearly £400 into ACO coffers for the privilege of camping, is it really so unreasonable to expect basic amenities in return!

The shower/no shower thing is a little academic for us, we're on BSJ (booked in Jan. by choice - it suits us better for a long stay), which has always had showers for the past few years that we have been there, even if they are often cold!

Leftie has a valid point though, the attitude of the ACO has changed over the past 2-3 years, they seem to have been infiltrated by 'bean counters' who have no passion for the sport and empathy with the 'true' fans, they seem to be obsessed with making money out of the event and pander to the needs/wants of the corporates over and above the considerations of the true (and loyal) fans. I don't expect the ACO to organise the event 'at cost' or make a loss, but it was much better years ago when the true fans were treated with a little more regard.  Angry
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 04:06:12 pm »

The other point is, we are putting nearly £400 into ACO coffers for the privilege of camping, is it really so unreasonable to expect basic amenities in return!
300m2 near a major motorsport event, a place to park upto 9 cars, taps, loos and on most site showers. All this for 5 euro per person per day (based on your 12), seems like a fair deal to me.

Leftie has a valid point though, the attitude of the ACO has changed over the past 2-3 years, they seem to have been infiltrated by 'bean counters' who have no passion for the sport and empathy with the 'true' fans, they seem to be obsessed with making money out of the event and pander to the needs/wants of the corporates over and above the considerations of the true (and loyal) fans. I don't expect the ACO to organise the event 'at cost' or make a loss, but it was much better years ago when the true fans were treated with a little more regard.  Angry
I see they ACO investing lots of money in the track and it's facilities which imo is a good thing.

Personally I don't think the ACO is treating me any different than they always have, sure the campsite tickets allocation is a lottery and I agree that us regulars should have some kind of preferential treatment for example through ACO-membership, but in general I don't share your and Lefties worries at all.

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 04:37:47 pm »

Personally I don't think the ACO is treating me any different than they always have

I'm afraid I disagree Bas.
In past years the ACO only used to put their finger up my bum a little way. I'd say now I'm rogered right up to the makers name.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 05:41:23 pm »

I'd say now I'm rogered right up to the makers name.

You say that like its a bad thing H?! I would have thought with the world of mysteries your bum conceals you might be glad of a little exploratory.....  Grin

F
andymac

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 03:43:10 pm »

BSJ is still available at some agencies.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: