Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 07:43:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO, are not as bad as they are painted  (Read 5519 times)
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2003, 01:05:14 am »

A few years ago we had travelled down to Pompey for our annual visit to some race, somewhere in France, all aboard had their holiday heads on.
The trip had started in a Liverpool boozer, with top ups all the way down. As we got onto the port, full of Ship Hanson, special bitter we found to our horror, that the bag containing all the tickets for the ferry and the race tickets( General entrance, ACO stand and the sacred MB camping pass ) with all the passports had been stolen enroute.( last seen at a stop in Cheshire.)
We had only 1 hour before sailing, B,Ferries stated that if we had a crime reference number they were prepaired to issue duplicate tickets and a letter of introduction into France. Great news we thought until Ian and I had to sprint,what was to us a marathon to Pompey cop shop and get back to the terminal in time to get tickets and letter processed before sailing time. Both of us were totaly wiped out but made the dead line.
This brings me to the ACO, on our arrival at the track, we explained what had happened and gave them the letter of introduction that had been supplied by B.Ferries. Within less than 30 mins we had been issued with duplicate tickets and I have to say that the treatment we received was second to none.
So please bear this in mind when slagging them off, they made five sick scouser's very happy. I only hope that if this expierence befalls any other CA, members I am sure the same treatment would be supplied.
That's it one more low flyer and to bed.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 02:44:05 pm »

Excellent to hear of the ACO's (and for that matter Brittany Ferries) fine response in your time of need. Times like these probably bring out the better responses in all of us.

It's the normal day to day stuff they seem to screw up year in year out. Perhaps it's just an organisational thing and it will never change. If we all learn to accept it as it is then waiting for ticket/campsite allocations etc. 2 days before departure it just make the whole thing more exciting (or is that frustrating?). I personally have not had a problem in 10 years - says he speaking too soon....

I had thought that the annual chaos maybe had something to do with the large amounts of premium tickets being sold to UK ticket Agencies and that this was a largely British phenomenon.

I have never heard of experiences of our European colleagues or even those further afield. What kind of service do they get from the ACO - anyone care to comment?

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 04:49:20 pm »

I have a french friend who goes most years and was previously a member of the ACO .

The french always get their own way . " years ago thee wasnt enough race day parking as too many British people were camping , hence , absolutely no un planned camping .

The french people complain about anything if they dont get their own way and i feel after talking to Gerald that it is a little un fair , we the brits put thousands of pounds into the towns pockets every year . Its like the spring sales when 24 comes round.

But then thats not really the ACO's fault ( except the camping )
I have had problems most years with getting tickets , but then i dont keep taking my customer number , so i look like a fresher every time .

I am pointlessly rambling in again...........................

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: