Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 01:18:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News - Rivals query Audi R15 legality  (Read 6046 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:42:08 pm »

see it on Autosport.com http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74361

Steve East Anglian cobras

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:00:12 pm »

Lets hope the "F1 style dummy spitting" stays away as much as possible though ....
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 03:50:19 pm »

Hhhmmmm, How much Audi money went into the "improvements" to the circuit and its' infrastructure? I dare bet that the R15 is totally legal Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:39:31 pm by Bob U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 06:12:43 pm »

Problems with the front... that could be why they kept the rear wings covered at Sebring to draw attention away from the front, it has been done before by Lotus I think...

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 01:28:41 am »

i cant read any of this but these pictures seem to show the part in question.

http://vitorribeiro.sollec.org/blog/?p=3148

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 05:29:30 am »

I am having real difficulty with this. The car was homologated by ACO It passed scruteneering at Sebring.
Peugeot have the faster car. see Race Lap Record for Sebring.
Alan Mcnish out drove them and Audi team work in the pits left them in the dust.
We all know the Germans are brilliant at reading rule books it is up to the sanctioning body to get the rules written correctly.
The season has started. Too late to tinker with the rules for this year.
Phil
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 11:53:19 am »

I agree Phil.

I often wonder if things would be better if there were in effect no rules.  Well just a few rules.   For example:-

Engine capacity,  Wheel Base, Overall Width, Overall Length,  Minimum Weight,  Minimum & Maximum height.
Plus of course rules regarding Safety.

Trying to make rule about aerodynamics it futile.  Everything has aerodynamic properties.  So it boils down to how big the positive impact of a given component is and what it's primary purpose is.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
JPS Beemer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 12:05:11 am »

I agree Lawnmower. 

The issue comes about though that they (the engineers) reckon they can have these cars going so fast with basic development that it could be a safety nightmare.  So I guess we could just adopt a top speed limit as well.

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:51:46 am »

So I guess we could just adopt a top speed limit as well.

Hmmmmmm.........   not sure I could agree with that.   Cheesy

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:02 am »

I just hope they won't handle the whole case like the moronic wannabe politicians in F1... Angry I mean the disgusting mud-slinging at court and in the media. Roll Eyes Angry

"I'm sitting at the wheel
I got a green light
Not afraid of nothin' cuz heart and soul
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:46 am »

I agree in principal, Andrea.  However, I had a long chat  with a French team boss last year who is no friend of the ACO and doesn't mind saying so off the record.  His take on this was (and I necessarily paraphrase) that the ACO is a private club which makes up the rules to suit itself and if you don't like it, tough.  Thus I don't reckon that Audi - who let's face it have recently provided yet more service vehicles for the Circuit de la Sarthe and have pumped loads of money the ACO's way over the years - are going to be penalised by them in a hurry - certainly not to the extent that their new car will not be allowed to compete here.

F1 has several bodies competing for control over the poison dwarf's empire and power base and they are prepared to go to court to question decisions which are made, you are right.  The question is, which is preferable?  A complete monopoly such as the ACO has, or the bickering/dirty linen washing which goes on in public in F1?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 11:08:39 am »

We all know the Germans are brilliant at reading rule books it is up to the sanctioning body to get the rules written correctly.

I think the R15 is probably just another example for the thesis that engineers who built race cars are always smarter than the ones who write rulebooks Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 12:14:40 pm »

@ termie:
I don't have any problem with teams wanting to clear certain rules or the legality of certain car parts or teams being penalised for breaking the rules (as long as the penalty is within certain limits).
My problem with the "diffuser-gate" in F1 is that they have brought it to a personal level, which is IMO disgusting. Ferrari slamming the man who helped them to win several championships is very much below the belt, not only for the man himself but for F1 fans, as well... I haven't met any F1 fans yet who are not fed up with all the F1 politics and mud-slinging.

I think, if F1 continues this way (with all the strict rules, standardised parts, freezing nearly all development, stupid politics, expensive race tickets, the "abyss" between the teams and the fans, etc.), it could be a good chance for the endurance series to attract more spectators and fans, but only if the teams and officials reduce the political matters to the minimum and fight their battles on the race tracks. LMS, ALMS and Le Mans could be very interesting even for motorsport fans who don't know anything else but F1. There are many different cars, all looking great, one better than the other, there's good contact between several teams and their fans. Endurance racing seems more human. The ticket prices and all the events are very fan friendly, too.
The biggest problem of endurance racing is the bad LMS and Le Mans coverage. It was a big mistake to sign that contract with Eurosport... MotorsTV did a great job in the past. Eurosport are nowhere in comparison to MotorsTV.

I got a green light
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 12:20:14 pm »

I think the R15 is probably just another example for the thesis that engineers who built race cars are always smarter than the ones who write rulebooks Grin

HAHA!  laugh Das war gut!  Grin  laugh laugh bin mit dir einer Meinung...

That was good, Werner!  laugh I couldn't agree more...

I got a green light
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 01:52:14 pm »

Kimi Raikonen said,during the F1 difuser debacle that if a team had found a new way of building a faster car that was within the rules then fine, it just proves that they are clever, not that they are cheats.  It struck me as the most sensible thing anybody had to say about the whole issue - and this is probably true for Audi in this case also.  It's just sour grapes on the part of the other teams who whinge and moan instead of getting their own houses in order and competing where it counts - on the race track.

Andrea, I agree with you about the TV coverage also - Eurosport was a truly retrograde step and the pathetic coverage will do little to bring in new fans to the sport, imo.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: