Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:52:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans hotel info  (Read 13194 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 09:17:55 pm »

So you've no need to worry about being looked after. People here will help.

Don't you believe him Andrea, he only want's you to camp so you can wash his dishes Grin

Fear not, that was simply me, sat drinking beer, at Sebring last month whilst pointing out to Doris the failings in her efforts to wash our dishes properly in the RV. There was a bit of food stuck to the plate and I think she was trying to pretend it wasn't there. Washing-up dishes is women's work, nevertheless Doris was very grateful for my useful advice if I remember correctly. If a jobs worth doing it's worth doing properly.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 06:47:13 am »

Hi Andrea,
              As you ae determined to use hotel. I suggest you look at the "CAGuide" thread. There are a couple of hotels across the street from the Gare (rail station) The Tram runs past the Gare and goes to the Tertre Rouge area of the track. Much better than taxi and easier than the bus. 1.25 Euro from memory. Many food stalls. 5-6 Euro for Sausage on a bun with frites from memory.
Canada Phil
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 10:18:24 am »

As for the Hungaroring, I prefer to stay in Budapest, in a hotel in the city centre. I usually meet fellow fans and friends in the city, and staying at a campsite or guesthouse near the circuit would only cause problems. If you're lucky enough you can even bump into team staff and drivers. There are also couple of nice places where you can eat out and go out in the evening with friends.

I always used to stay in BP as my parents lived there for a while.  Like you say, if you know the city, you know where to see the teams.   Cool

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 10:27:46 am »

So you've no need to worry about being looked after. People here will help.

Don't you believe him Andrea, he only want's you to camp so you can wash his dishes Grin

Fear not, that was simply me, sat drinking beer, at Sebring last month whilst pointing out to Doris the failings in her efforts to wash our dishes properly in the RV. There was a bit of food stuck to the plate and I think she was trying to pretend it wasn't there. Washing-up dishes is women's work, nevertheless Doris was very grateful for my useful advice if I remember correctly. If a jobs worth doing it's worth doing properly.

You bastard Zarse!!!  That's the last time I let you have my bed. 

Dx

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 07:56:01 pm »

I can highly recomend the Galaxie, as we stayed there a couple of times before moving over here permanently.  We had some pretty good company too, including the late David Leslie.  Likewise in the excellent restaurant downstairs (Le Corail) where we had a long chat with the estimable Huge Chamberpot - LM is like that - you can't help but fall over these people all the time during race week.  However, as others have said - it is most likely to be fully booked, and this close to the race my experience is that you'd be lucky to get within 50 ks of the circuit.

There is nothing wrong with the camping and lone women need have little fear of anything unpleasant happening.  Although I take two chaps with me myself, they need a lot more sleep than I do -  poor little mites - so I'm often out and about by myself and never feel threatened.

Besides, now that you are here, you will never be alone at LM as there are 1000 plus mates waiting to meet and greet you.  Some of them even have spare tents in their barns... Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 10:24:28 am »

Thank you very much for the info, Termie!  Wink Smiley

My hope is that, due to the economic crisis, there will be some people who cancel their booking and there will be one or two hotel or guest rooms left somewhere. I wrote to nearly all hotels in LM, and have received some answers already. For example, a lady at H. Anjou was so kind and gave me the contact address of the German agency which booked the entire hotel. Now I'm waiting for their answer, too.

"I'm sitting at the wheel
I got a green light
Not afraid of nothin' cuz heart and soul
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
KSM86

Team KSM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 05:35:01 pm »

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewArticle.cfm?articleUID=637562CF-1143-FDC9-356FA591D266433D&custUID=FBD2B510-1143-FDC9-35A0FB0AA64906D4

This might help you.

regards Adam

Kruse Schiller Motorsport 09
Team Felbermayr Proton  09
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 06:07:16 pm »

Well the price is not a bad at I thought it might be but €720 Ouch.

Then my friend google came up with this.
Cheap and Nasty
t.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:11:22 pm by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
KSM86

Team KSM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:26 pm »

ahaha yeh its abit expensive, especially when it can only be for 8 nights no longer no less. plus from going by that review seems like crap, although a bed is a bed lol.

Kruse Schiller Motorsport 09
Team Felbermayr Proton  09
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 04:29:56 am »

Andrea,
          You can buy a tent and a sleeping bag.cheaper than one night in an hotel.  Carrefour willl provide as Mr Toad would say.
Then just leave it behind. Showers are a short walk and no hairdryers  Grin
 Phil
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 09:54:19 am »

Thanx, Phil, but I found a hotel room!  Wink Galaxie confirmed my booking yesterday. The reason why I asked about those 2 hotels (Galaxie and de Rennes) in this thread was that they had free room(s).
I couldn't find any ratings on the internet for Galaxie but Termie said it's ok, so I booked there.
Hotel de Rennes have positive AND negative ratings on the internet and their price was a bit higher than the offer of Galaxie.

Mister Bed seems a bit weird for me... They say they're close to the city center. Looking at the map, it doesn't seem to be sooo close... Plus they want 90 € for a night and you can only book for 8 nights? I don't know if that hotel rating is true, but if it is: for that room they want 90 €?  Shocked
In Budapest during F1 you get a hotel room for 70-80 € in a 3 star hotel in the middle of the city center - in a proper room and with breakfast!

I got a green light
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 10:26:40 am »

Galaxie is opposite the railway station so not in the city centre but this is not relevant as the tram stops outside so you can get straight to the track and/or the middle of town, very quickly, cheaply and easily.  Or it's ten minutes of pretty steep walking into town.

Most of their rooms are fine although some of those in the little annexe are a bit scruffy, they are certainly very clean and the people who run the place are charming and very welcoming.  As said above, great company and nosh in the Corail downstairs.  See you in June. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 01:48:09 pm »

I don't mind walking. I would even walk to the circuit if there was no tram, bus or any other solution  Tongue It can't be much worse than walking up the hill from the train to the Hungaroring in 40 degrees in the blazing sun without any shadows on the way.

As for scruffy hotel rooms: there's a hotel in Budapest which used to advertise itself as a 4 star hotel but in fact those 4 stars existed only on the paper. The hotel was so bad, it didn't even deserve 1 star.  Roll Eyes

I got a green light
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 01:54:26 pm »

I don't mind walking. I would even walk to the circuit if there was no tram, bus or any other solution  Tongue It can't be much worse than walking up the hill from the train to the Hungaroring in 40 degrees in the blazing sun without any shadows on the way.

I've done that walk a few times.  It's a killer!

Dx

fallauk
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 06:22:14 pm »

I have always used the Le Mans Accomidation people linked from the offical site - the rooms are OK and vaired.... It is a case of staying in someone's spare room - one year we had an annex to ourselves...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: