Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:13:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WiFi Access  (Read 6391 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:14:14 am »

For those wanting access while out and about

http://v4.jiwire.com/search-wifi-hotspots.htm?result_display=list&technology_id=0&venue_group_id=0&city_id=0&disableBrowseBy=false&type=&state_id=0&city=&address=%2CLe+Mans%2CFrance+%2CFR&latitude=48.008093&longitude=0.197813&radius=10.0
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:12:21 pm »

For those that find themselves in a fix (as I did last year) the McDonalds option works really really well. 

I managed to avoid a whole heap of s*** by being able to log in to work whilst in La Sarthe - all whilst munching on a good ol' big mac.....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:50:47 am »

Seconded, Brad, MacDo works a treat - pity the food's so disgusting though...  I have also invested recently in a Netbook with a 7" screen.  Liberation!  Wonderful little device - why did I cart around my old ten ton laptop all these years, I wonder? 

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:56:27 am »

All 3 of the local "Hotel B&B" at Le Mans have free Wifi, as do most of the budget hotels in the area.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 01:07:55 pm »

Seconded, Brad, MacDo works a treat - pity the food's so disgusting though...  I have also invested recently in a Netbook with a 7" screen.  Liberation!  Wonderful little device - why did I cart around my old ten ton laptop all these years, I wonder? 

Great idea - sounds a little bit like the laptop mark (JPC) showed me before he shot off to sebring - tiny little thing - awkward to use for long periods, but ideal for uploading pics, and generally giving connectivity - I wouldn't want to work on one, but great for those on the move.  Isn't technology amazing?

The shame of it is that I will be in Blighty this year, idly listening to the race on RLM and watching when possible on Motors Cry

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 01:43:40 pm »

I've been using mine now exclusively from the hospital for the last couple of months and find it remarkably user-friendly - the keyboard on the Aspire One which I have is pretty near normal size - but I admit I do need my latest prescription reading glasses to see the screen comfortably and I do big stuff on the PC at home at the weekend.

I assume, Brad, that LM will be on Eurosport, not Motors, btw. Angry

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 01:56:53 pm »

Is Wi-Fi available around the circuit (let's say in the grandstands or the ACO members' area)? Does anyone know by any chance?

"I'm sitting at the wheel
I got a green light
Not afraid of nothin' cuz heart and soul
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 02:35:27 pm »

There was no wifi access available in 2008.

My iPhone & I had a good search for some freebie access & were so disapointed that we had to go & quaff another beer or two

Crouch..........bind..........set
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »

I've been using mine now exclusively from the hospital for the last couple of months and find it remarkably user-friendly - the keyboard on the Aspire One which I have is pretty near normal size - but I admit I do need my latest prescription reading glasses to see the screen comfortably and I do big stuff on the PC at home at the weekend.

I assume, Brad, that LM will be on Eurosport, not Motors, btw. Angry

Small note book - used a small Asus Pc EEE with a 7in screen and camera, very good for access to interent and very fast to fire up. And bloody small - size of a small paperback. Have had no problems with mine in the last 2 years.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 04:03:16 pm »

Is Wi-Fi available around the circuit (let's say in the grandstands or the ACO members' area)? Does anyone know by any chance?
It is available I understand but at pretty hefty cost, for the  use of journos etc.  You need to ask the ACO about this.

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 04:15:35 pm »

A bit smaller, but I find my blackberry pretty good for browsing the web, it even has wifi if any is around and means I can post on CA from anywhere!

Would like to get a small notebook as they seem ideal for use out and about.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 04:22:11 pm »

A bit smaller, but I find my blackberry pretty good for browsing the web, it even has wifi if any is around and means I can post on CA from anywhere!

I've got a HTC Touch HD which is great for the web. Also the big touch screen is excellent for my prime pork sausage fingers. 2 years ago on the first day of my 2 week holiday, my mate from work filled my email with large attachments which was a bummer because I was waiting for an important email coming through and I had'nt realised what had happened. Twat
nickliv
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 08:58:31 pm »

I've got a HTC Touch HD which is great for the web. Also the big touch screen is excellent for my prime pork sausage fingers. 2 years ago on the first day of my 2 week holiday, my mate from work filled my email with large attachments which was a bummer because I was waiting for an important email coming through and I had'nt realised what had happened. Twat

Another vote for the Touch HD. It's like an iphone for those of us who are allergic to fruit.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 07:51:28 am »

Leave your laptops at home for goodness sake.

I tested negative for patience.
Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 09:19:44 am »

Thanks Steve, but as for me - I can't...

I will be on a mission in LM   Wink Cool Tongue
I want to write on-site reports for fellow Hungarian motorsport fans. Most of them don't know anything else but F1. Someone has to broaden their horizons. Wink
Plus I need the laptop to upload and store my photos. I don't want to buy more memory cards for my camera and those I have are just enough for 3 and a half days F1, so they definitely won't be enough for Le Mans.  Wink

"I'm sitting at the wheel
I got a green light
Not afraid of nothin' cuz heart and soul
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: