Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 10:56:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Club Arnage Guide to the 24h of Le MAns 2009" is ready for download  (Read 15184 times)
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 01:05:55 pm »

Not a criticism, before you all threaten to hang me, but is there a typo on page 34?

There is more than one typo in the guide - but I've hidden some of them well Grin Grin Grin

Do we get a prize for finding the typos?  Grin

As I said not a criticism.......I think it is a top job you, and the contributors, do putting all this together.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 01:26:47 pm »

Don't worry - I've developed a rather relaxed attitude towards typos since I started this guide thingy 4 years ago Wink

As far as the wrong 2 AMR Eastern Europe Entries are concerned, the reason for that mistake is rather typical for the last minute rush when I compiled the guide. For several weeks the ACO Entry list showed the 008 as the AMR Eastern Europe entry, while 007 and 009 were listed as AMR only. It was just a couple of days ago that they changed it to 007 being the AMR Eastern Europe entry and 008 and 009 being AMR only.

Great, so when I saw this I thought I should update it in the guide as well. So I changed the 007 entry to AMR Eastern Europe. Then I opened another beer. And then I forgot to change 008 back to AMR only. And that's why we have 2 AMR Eastern Europe Entries now on the CA Guide entry list. Grin

On a second thought, I think I should inform Aston Martin Racing and the A.C.O., I think it's THEIR turn to update now!

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:49:54 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 02:08:26 pm »

Werner and everyone else, you have done a fantastic job on this guide,better than the motorsport mag I normaly buy and I know its not a 2 min job.

So well done again, and as I say "Life is two short fore spell chek!"

The only thing I could not find was -

And I'm sure that we may them this year!  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 07:12:22 pm »

Bloody hell Werner thats epic!!

fantastic job.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 09:19:44 pm »

Great read, though because of personal experience I miss the "Leroy Merlin" DIY store located at the Tecnopark which is in the "forbidden area" between Beausejour campsite and Mulsanne straight.
Opening hours are 0900-2000 monday to saturday, but this is restricted of course on wednesday and thursday as the whole area get's fenced off for the public from 2pm (?)

It's quite handy if your genny breaks down or falls victim to campsite theft. They have a larger range of gennies to chose from than Carrefour has and of course all the other toys men like to play with...

Our german 99 Euro genny last year was delivered without a fuel petcock (you should check equipment, I bought "en route" to LM).
Sadly the cheapest genny had a 300€ pricetag, but it was a nice 4 stroke boxed type with 1kW. Quiet and again handy in starting a car with a flat battery as it also had the car battery cables
Was nicked a month later at the 24h of Spa...

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 09:27:44 pm »

Great read, though because of personal experience I miss the "Leroy Merlin" DIY store located at the Tecnopark which is in the "forbidden area" between Beausejour campsite and Mulsanne straight.
Opening hours are 0900-2000 monday to saturday, but this is restricted of course on wednesday and thursday as the whole area get's fenced off for the public from 2pm (?)

Okay, I'll take it as a start for the 2010 edition of the CA Guide, thanks.
And take care of your genny while at Le Mans - only few things in life are more disgusting than warm beer!

Cheers

Werner

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 11:19:22 pm »

only few things in life are more disgusting than warm beer!

Us Brits quite like warm beer, as long as it's Bitter. Wink
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 07:54:31 am »

only few things in life are more disgusting than warm beer!

Us Brits quite like warm beer, as long as it's Bitter. Wink

Bitter? - I was talking about BEER, Barry, BEER  Grin. Feel free to pop over on our space in the CA district in Bleu Nord to taste a genuine fresh German beer from the tap.

Cheers, just 5 more days til take-off

Werner

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 04:53:21 pm »

Bitter? - I was talking about BEER, Barry, BEER  Grin. Feel free to pop over on our space in the CA district in Bleu Nord to taste a genuine fresh German beer from the tap.

Cheers, just 5 more days til take-off

Werner

Thankyou for the invitation Werner, I'll look forward to that.
Might have trouble finding you, I'm camped at least 20 meters away from you.

If I have time on Monday I'll see if I can pick up some fine ale as a change from the French fizz.

Have a safe trip down.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 01:17:16 am »

Werner - awesome job as has become usual from you!  Well done and look forward to seeing you on BN in a few days.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 09:55:48 am »

Werner

You and the team are to be congratulated.
Excellent guide and a true demonstration of the power of a collective team effort.

Donation gladly made.

Cheers
Stu
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2009, 06:55:18 pm »

Any idea how many guides where downloaded this year?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
JPS Beemer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2009, 07:04:36 pm »

For the newbies and the veterans in our team, this guide was absolutely fantastic. 

It spurred us on to make our first trip to St Saturnin which we thought was bl00dy brilliant.  Worth every penny this guide - top job Werner et al.

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: