Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 03:55:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for regular Le Mans goers to team up with for Le Mans 2010!!  (Read 3762 times)
theshedbar

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:17:35 pm »

Hi

Been to Le Mans 10 times, but not since 2001...for various reasons, think all my mates grew up!! 

First went in 1988 for the Jag XJR9s and had the time of my life from the late 80s to late 90s.  Anyway, now seriously looking to meet up with regular Le Mans goers to get back into it for next year.  Even after 8 years absence, every June I get the same withdrawal symptoms so something has to be done, cold turkey hasn't worked!!!  I am based between Colchester and Chelmsford.  Get in touch if you have a space in your group or, like me, are looking for someone to team up with.

Cheers

Mark
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:45:03 pm »

I'm just north of Colchester.  We have an East Anglian bunch that go every year,

Steve East Anglian cobras

theshedbar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:47:43 pm »

Hi Steve

I assume you are going this year too, shame I can't make it this year but have vowed not to miss out next year.  Maybe when you return we could meet up for a beer?  I always used to camp in houx in the days when it was easy to get permits etc, used to like it in the woods, great atmosphere all through the week.

Anyway, let me know.

Cheers for quick reply.

Mark
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 04:04:53 pm »

Hi Mark,
There will be lots of us returning next year, so you wont be alone in your return. If you hook up with a group beforehand great, but we always found that just pitching up always resulted in a warm welcome and a cold beer from our neighbors.
JPS Beemer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:50:21 pm »

there is always a good group from the Gt Dunmow area who organise themselves independently through the following:

www.lemansrun.com

they have a full size open top double decker going this year in gulf livery with bar, decks etc.  Their attitude is always the more the merrier!

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
gti jack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:35:06 am »

Hi Guys and Girls

Want to come for LM 2010, as i am coming from NZ would be great to meet and hook up with some regulars, have not been since 1996 where i worked on a 911 gt2 and knowing as a spectator do and don'ts would be great

Thanks Andy
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:55 am »

Andy - welcome!! That's a long way to come for a motor race, but hang around here and you'll be in good hands. All you need to know about Le Mans is in the guide, linked to in the scrolling banner on the front page.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 06:50:58 pm »

Always welcome to join up with us - soem from Bristol/West Ciuntry, some from Manchester and me from France (oe wherever I am at the time) ;-)
gti jack

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 07:44:01 am »

Thanks

Are things still the same as they used to be with regard to food/resturants ie they really increase there prices??

Cheers Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: