Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 03:43:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "I'm never missing Le-Mans Ever again" thread  (Read 5223 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2009, 01:02:26 pm »

As many of you know, poor planning, and compromise with my new wife means I've had to have a years sabbatical this year.

Well I have made a decision over this weekend.  As long as there is air in my lungs and blood in my veins, I will NEVER miss another Le-Mans.  Regardless of the high fences, the frenchness of the organisation, the traffic, the toilets, the weather, my inability to handle huge quantities of alcohol, and all of the other things - I have had a horrible weekend thinking of all of my friends having a fantastic time, whilst I sit at home and watch on the TV.

So this is my promise.  I will never miss the race again. 

This thread is for anyone who has had the same experience of jealousy of me over this weekend - feel free to add your story, regardless of how stupid, heartwrenching etc it is......  Lets have some declarations and commitments or attendance.....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:40:32 pm »

I know where you're coming from - felt the exact same about Sebring earlier this year. Even though that's a bit of a harder one as the flight fare is an inevitable addition, especially now it's the two of us...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
John G

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:02:35 pm »

Brad,
As far as I know we've never met
but do you mind if I suggest a new clause to pre-nuptial agreement!  Grin Wink
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:22:12 pm »

To bad I do not have a 'Le Mans clause',But I honestley have a 'Sebring Clause'.
I love my wife Lori,but Sebring was there long before her.
WE agreed before getting married that Sebring would always be there.
Who knows someday she might even go.She is atleast showing some sort of interest.Finally ! Shocked

Things ya gotta do.

" A "

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:36:47 pm »

remove the reading motto from your life Brad - "lemans till i die" is now going there  Wink

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 07:31:33 pm »

Better?

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 07:54:23 pm »

Alot Smiley

lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 09:19:31 pm »

yea one of our gang had to stay in uk.he was so pissed off with our texting he pitched his tent in the garden ate burnt food didnt wash all weekend pissed up against his shed watched next doors ASBO kids chucking bottles about drunk cider and dropped his rizzlers in th mud.he said he wont o it again .never miss again.in his will ans mine to throw my ashes into the wind down mulsane.hope you all had a nice time with no xtra scars.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 05:06:21 pm »

Hey Randy,
I hear where your coming from, Kirsten and I have a Petit clause.  We go to Road Atlanta come hell or high water.  As for the Sarthe?  I've been there, to be honest I don't miss being a mile from the action, looking over high cement walls topped with razor wire, the constant stench of urine, and wading ankle deep through garbage because the French don't understand what trash cans are.  I dearly miss my friends there, but as for actually watching the race?  I probably enjoyed the Speed TV coverage more.
Fax
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 06:22:23 pm »

Hey Randy,
the constant stench of urine, and wading ankle deep through garbage because the French don't understand what trash cans are.  I dearly miss my friends there, but as for actually watching the race?  I probably enjoyed the Speed TV coverage more.
Fax

If you do ever come back, you would be pleasantly suprised about how clean the place is now. There are far fewer broken bottles laying about the terraces and the loos are far better than you would find at most UK tracks.

The track viewing is about the same as it has been over the last 10 or so years, loads of fences but the access has improved with disabled ramps and areas set aside as refuges.

I just hope that one day the place will be finished!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:18 am »

Spending about 4 hours by the la Courbe bar, on the Saturday evening, right by the Dunlop chicane, with a whole crowd of CAers coming and going, was particularly pleasant - in a year when termie's lack of mobility might have hampered us a lot more. Chats with several people, and meeting a few new faces with familiar names, while the world's finest race rushes by - not to be missed, surely?

Missing Termietermite
Pastis_JPC

A long way from home - 4.2 light years in fact!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 05:13:01 pm »

I was going to say that if I missed Le Mans I'd feel that a part of my life was missing.  But, thinking back, every time I go to Le Mans I seem to miss (as in days/hours blank) a part of my life.......................

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 11:20:33 pm »

Hey Randy,
I hear where your coming from, Kirsten and I have a Petit clause.  We go to Road Atlanta come hell or high water.  As for the Sarthe?  I've been there, to be honest I don't miss being a mile from the action, looking over high cement walls topped with razor wire, the constant stench of urine, and wading ankle deep through garbage because the French don't understand what trash cans are.  I dearly miss my friends there, but as for actually watching the race?  I probably enjoyed the Speed TV coverage more.
Fax
Blimey Fax.  As much as I enjoyed Sebring, I have to tell you that the bogs were foul in comparison to those in La Sarthe - they really have improved here even in the decade or so I've been going.  At Sebring, especially in the night, they were awash with god knows what kind of mess, to the extent that I had to force myself to walk across the floor it was so disgusting.  Things really have changed here - but perhaps they're better at RA?

The Brits who come here aren't all too angelic about picking up their litter either.  But I admit the habit of p*ss*ng up against the nearest solid object rather than bothering to go to the loo is off-putting.  Especially annoying in the campsites when people (French and Brit) urinate just feet from your tent when there's a bog just a few meters away.  This year we were the very last tent in the corner of the campsite and by Sunday night I could hardly bear to stand by my car the place stank so much - even the grass around the concrete post just a foot from my car had started to die!  And one person had even used it as more than a urinal.  Ick.

I've missed LM once since I started going.  Never again.  It was quite the most depressing June I have ever spent.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 11:30:01 pm »

One of our crew missed LM this year for the first time in 13 years....

Guess who you the first to ring me Tuesday morning to confirm his booking for next year?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: