Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 06:18:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: long service!!  (Read 31691 times)
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2009, 09:42:04 pm »

......the campsites are getting more expensive. Compare Maison Blanche with Whittlebury Hall at Silverstone.

Whilst I agree with most of your sentiments, Steve, I would take issue on this one.  I have said elsewhere that the ACO have never made a significant hike in any of their prices from one year to the next, the prices rising only by the odd euro or two.  The seemingly expensive nature of the tickets id down to the £ - € exchange rate.

Also, to compare with Whittlebury - for me, with caravan and electric - would cost £75 for thursday arrival......and strictly speaking I should order two plots as my 'van is over 6m.  So that compares nicely with the €80 for a pitch on Houx with arrival on the monday.  Admittedly, if you've only got a tent and don't need electric, it's a different matter.

In spite of all the changes at LM over the years, I'll take it any time compared to the souless dump called Silverstone, and they only run a quarter of a race there.........

Del

Hi Derek
How are you. I'm sorry we didn't get chance to chat much this year. I missed the CA gathering as I was being entertained to dinner by Bas and his mates and, to be honest, their hospitality was so bloody good I didn't want to leave! I got to the Courbe bar at 11 but couldn't find anyone although I noticed vaious TWATS and Bretheren in the Guiness Bar but by that time I'd been down to Tetre Rouge and was bit "wobbly".
I'm trying to get out of going to a wedding on 12/13 Sept so I can go to your favourite soulless dump for the 1000kms. Will you be going?
Steve

I tested negative for patience.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 10:12:24 pm »

........... go to your favourite soulless dump for the 1000kms. Will you be going?
Steve

Not sure yet, Steve - see how the summer pans out

Del

Team Delboy Racing
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2009, 08:25:30 am »

As the page has been hijacked for a mo...just thought I would do another update Smiley

With 61 posts plus Mini Wishy we now have 805 years which worksout at 12.98 years average between us so far.

Sad really is'nt it...........Note to oneself "must get a life" Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2009, 02:43:35 pm »

We were at the Courbe until 1.30, Lord S - surprised you missed us (I was the bird in the wheelchair) - you just can't have looked hard enough.

I wonder how much of that time was spent actually watching the race Wishy?  Not a lot by the look of some posts elsewhere.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2009, 02:50:41 pm »

I first went in 1983 then went, '84, '86 '88, '90, '93 '96 and then every year since so in total 20 times
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2009, 03:06:16 pm »

5 times so far, which in all likelyhood will stay that way!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2009, 06:03:22 pm »

Roy,

Is it something we've said or done to stop you coming again?

Wishy
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2009, 08:44:29 am »

First there in '93 and every year since except '97 and '99, so 15 times.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: