Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 02:17:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24Hs this weekend  (Read 11051 times)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 12:44:42 pm »

Anyone there ? Usual meeting at Eau Rouge bar ?

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:53:26 pm »

Only a small group this year.

Me, Adrian, Termie & Mr Termie, and Pieter that I know of.

Dottore / LuxExpat - are you going to be in attendance?

The bar at Eau Rouge might be a bit difficult for Termie to get to unless Ian is feeling strong and can push her up the hill.  I have Termie's number so can let her know whatever we decide.  She's already en-route to Spa.

Dx
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:02:48 pm by Doris » Logged

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:26:05 pm »

The bar at Eau Rouge might be a bit difficult for Termie to get to unless Ian is feeling strong and can push her up the hill.

Very good point !!! How about the bar near the tunnel at the bottom of Eau Rouge ? The paddock bar might be another alternative although I'm not sure whether everybody will have a paddock pass.

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »

I've sent Termie a text to see if she can do a meet at Eau Rouge.  Will let you know when I have news.

Dx

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:12:26 pm »

We won't be there so make sure you have a beer for us!  We hope to be back next year!

Eau Rouge is possibly do-able for Termie if approached from Les Combes but it's still one hell of a push back up there I'd have thought.

Hope you all have a fab time, we'll be thinking of you!  Grin
TomCastellani

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:09:17 pm »

Just mirroring my post from the other thread for anyone who missed it:

I really want to go! I'm in London and would have to leave late Friday or Saturday then return in time for Monday, does anyone have a spare seat?

My other option is to go by train but I have no clue what station to go to etc and don't really have the cash either.   Sad

Cheers!
Tom
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 09:43:35 pm »

I can't really help because I'm coming from Franfurt (except you get a cheap flight there). I hope someone from th UK can help out.

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 09:46:16 pm »

Weather for the weekend.

http://www.myweather2.com/crossection.aspx?area_id=367&num=7&tagid=20092037502107

looks changeable, good old SPA!  Grin

A.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 11:04:11 pm »

The bar at Eau Rouge might be a bit difficult for Termie to get to unless Ian is feeling strong and can push her up the hill.  I have Termie's number so can let her know whatever we decide.  She's already en-route to Spa.

Dx
Make a harness for all of you... FFS. Dont be so bloody selfish. It cant be as bad as the hill on Mullenbach at the NBR.  We all managed that many times despite being far the worse for tiredness most of the time! Shocked

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 12:19:01 am »

Dx
Make a harness for all of you... FFS. Dont be so bloody selfish. It cant be as bad as the hill on Mullenbach at the NBR.  We all managed that many times despite being far the worse for tiredness most of the time! Shocked

Having never done the NBR, and of course bowing to the superior knowlege of a Lord of the Realm, I think Eau Rouge is there to challenge the best of them!

Wish I could be there, but once again, family hols seem to clash!

Note to self: Sort you Bl**dy life out!!!  Angry
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 10:31:08 am »

Dx

Having never done the NBR, and of course bowing to the superior knowlege of a Lord of the Realm, I think Eau Rouge is there to challenge the best of them!

As someone who has conquered both I can safely say Eau Rouge wins the battle of the hills hands down.  It is both steeper and longer.  You really need to experience it first hand as pictures do the gradient no justice whatsoever. 

Dx

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 11:06:58 am »

I am with doris on this one. It is one steep biatch, impossible with a wheelchair. Try to see if the courtesy shuttles can do Termie a favor? Surely they cannot refuse her, she could even ask it in perfect French, which would ultimately win them over!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 11:29:17 am »

Hey Roy, are you going to pop down for the day?  It's only a short drive for you.

Dx

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 11:45:43 am »

The bar at Eau Rouge might be a bit difficult for Termie to get to unless Ian is feeling strong and can push her up the hill.

Very good point !!! How about the bar near the tunnel at the bottom of Eau Rouge ? The paddock bar might be another alternative although I'm not sure whether everybody will have a paddock pass.

Right then ... I had a conversation with Deb last night (they were enoyoing all that Malmedy had to offer) and she thinks pushing her up Eau Rouge would be a challenge for the whole of CA, and as much as she is going to see if she can get a shuttle it can't be gauranteed.  So ... we're going to go for meeting at the bar behind the old main grandstand.  It's the one on the right if you've come in through the gate form the car park.

Times weren't discussed so I'm guessing it's the usual - 9pm.

See you all there.   Grin

Dx

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 12:32:46 pm »

Hey Roy, are you going to pop down for the day?  It's only a short drive for you.

Dx

Unfortunately not. Did not realise it was this weekend, we are meeting friends in the north of the country.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: