Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 07:52:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 135775 times)
Fax
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2004, 08:35:53 pm »

Glad to hear you guys are making the trek over.  You'll thoroghly enjoy it.  No better way to shake off the winter blahs than soaking up some warm Florida sunshine and catching the second most important sportscar race in the world.  See you in March!
Fax
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2004, 11:40:53 pm »

Steve Brown and Andy Zass (US pronounciation - that's the twist, you see) and vwgtifan venturing forth to FL for 12 Hours of Sebring?
Excellent news!
Are there any others who'd be up for this race, who Ican assist with discounted accommodation, advance tickets etc.etc.
Unlike gluttons for punishment (Smokie/Chris/Phil/Pidge) we tend to stay away from Hendrick until race day - but will help any way I can.
Steve, Andy, let me know if I can arrange 'owt locally for you. I can get high-end rooms at heavily discounted pricing in O'town, if you need 'em.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2004, 12:13:31 am »

"high-end rooms at heavily discounted price"

Hmmmm....so why do I choose to stay in a low end room at a top price in Daytona?

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2004, 05:14:34 am »

Hi Guys, Sounds like the British Invasion all over again Roll Eyes I can bring an extra tent. Pidgeon get those hens a laying Grin Grin. Smokie you stay in Daytona because of the Girls & BIke Week and the Beach and the Girls and the Beer at the Anchor Bar and Mustache rides 8)and because it's fun and NO MICKEY Roll Eyes Tongue.
Canada Phil
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2004, 08:57:01 am »

Phil, can I use your extra tent then? If it has soundproof walls and is vented for gas that would be ideal...   Smiley
rcutler
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2004, 09:07:42 am »

I am thinking of going as well just have to finalise leave at work and then work out how much it will cost!!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2004, 10:04:14 am »

This all sounds pretty enticing..............what are the dates, where is it best to fly into and how far from the airport is the circuit ? Or is there an official site ?
Thanks guys.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2004, 11:41:22 am »

www.sebringraceway.com or http://www.sebringraceway.com/tickets_sebring.html for ticket info and prices. Track opens Wed March 16. there is a fairly full programme of events before the 12 hour race which starts on Sat 19 at 10:00 am.

Camping on site a la Le Mans is included in the Superticket, extra $10 to take a car in.

Sebring is below Orlando, which would be the closest airport. Can't remember, but probably an hour to 90 mins drive from Orlando?

I've been twice, flying into Tampa both times, but then I go early and hire a car and make a break of it, so getting around is OK. This year I'm flying into Miami.

The dollar is dead cheap. A direct flight will probably be around £330 but you might find a discount somewhere, Chris24 usualy does (or use up some Airmiles). Food is cheap enough, so is car hire, petrol and beer, weather is (usually) good. You'd probably need to buy a tent (cheap enough in Walmart, especially if the cost is split amongst many) and sleeping bag. We might overwhelm Pidge for cooking facilities but food around the track is also cheap and reasonably plentiful. Sebring town (for supplies) is a short car ride away.

And you get to see the Aston...

« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 11:44:24 am by smokie » Logged
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2004, 12:35:22 pm »

Last time I said this, there were a great number of natural disasters which caused billions of pounds worth of damage, and almost did for the Harper family in Florida, but......

The job I was meant to be on earlier in the year has been (well, almost) rescheduled for Feb and March. Sebring time! If all goes well, and I'm a hundred buck flight from Orlando or thereabouts, then I'll be doing my darndest to join you.

I mean, what can happen between now and then?
H

PS Breaking wind? - wouldn't dream of it.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2004, 12:44:16 pm »

Wow, this is fast becoming almost as large as Le Mans itself!

Robbo, what about you?

And will you be able to get enough t shirts printed in time???
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2004, 06:34:25 pm »

Wow, this is fast becoming almost as large as Le Mans itself!

Robbo, what about you?

And will you be able to get enough t shirts printed in time???

Your order shall be ready by then. Anyone else will have to let me know.

I wont be thinking of Sebring as i shall be watching World Cup Rugby in Hong Kong. But i shall think of you all !!

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2004, 06:34:44 pm »

Grin THE PRODIGAL HAS RETURNED Grin
HERE'S WHAT I CAN DO.
     SUPPLY SLEEPING SPACE (TENTS) FOR ALL SO YOU CAN TRAVEL AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE.
     SUPPLY BREAKFAST FOR ALL(THAT'S A GIVEN) SEBRING HAS MANY FOOD AND BEER OUTLETS SO IF YOU PREFER NOT TO DINE WITH ME IN THE EARLY EVENING I WILL NOT BE INSULTED. ( MY ONLY CLAIM TO PERFECTION IS BREAKFAST) BESIDES, CANADA PHIL WILL HAVE THE TENT RIGHT NEXT DOOR AND HE USUALLY HAS AN OPEN HOUSE FOR EVENING DINNER.
      SUPPLY TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE MIAMI AIRPORT TO THE CIRCUIT FOR ANYONE FLYING IN TO THAT CITY. I SUGGEST THAT YOU FLY IN ON WEDNESDAY OF THE RACE AND FLY OUT ON THE MONDAY AFTER THE RACE. THAT WAY YOU WILL ONLY NEED ONE DAY IN A MIAMI HOTEL . NORMALLY YOU ARRIVE IN THE US ANYWHERE FROM 2 TO 6 PM FROM EUROPE. YOU USUALLY DEPART FROM THE US NEAR 4 TO 7 PM. COORDINATION IS NEEDED TO MEET IN MIAMI SO ALL CAN TRAVEL TOGETHER. BRING CLEAN UNDERWEAR AND SOCKS.
     I CAN PURCHASE THE TICKETS SAVING EACH $10.00 U.S. FOR A 4 DAY TICKET ($75.00 U.S.) PAYABLE WHEN YOU GET HERE IN DOLLARS, EUROS OR UK POUNDS (EXCEPT FOR CANADA PHIL . FOR HIM .... HE PAYS IN CHIVAS REGAL) SEE SMOKIE  ABOUT THIS. HE AND I ARE IN TOUCH.
      I'LL HAVE A COUPLE OF COOLERS ... BUT .... THROWAWAYS ARE DIRT CHEAP AND ALONG WITH REFRESHMENTS COOLERS CAN BE PURCHASED ANYWHERE ALONG THE WAY (SEE CHRIS ABOUT WAL MART. THAT STORE WAS SO BIG I COULDN'T FIND HIM FOR AN HOUR )
ICE AND BEER IS AVAILABLE  AT THE TRACK. PASSOUT FROM THE TRACK IS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. THE TOWN OF SEBRING IS 15 MINUTES OUT.  EVERYTHING AND ALL IS AVAILABLE IN TOWN.
       OUR LITTLE CAMP HAD AN AMERICAN FLAG, A CANADIAN FLAG, AN ENGLISH FLAG, A UNION JACK. A BENTLY FLAG, A FLAG FROM THE AMERICAN STATE OF MARYLAND WHERE I WAS BORN, THE ARNAGE BANNER AND A CHECKERED FLAG. IF YOU COME AND LIVE WITH US YOU GOTTA BRING A FLAG SO PEOPLE WILL KNOW YOU ARE THERE FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
       NOW .. SPECIAL TO GILLES AND POWERMITE.  IF YOU CAN'T COME AND JOIN US ........ JOHN, SEND US A FLAG FROM WALES (JOHN YOU TURD, I'VE BEEN AFTER YOU ABOUT A FLAG FOR 2 YEARS ) AND GILLES SEND US A FRENCH FLAG.
     I PREFER TO SEE YOU ALL IN PERSON.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2004, 06:45:59 pm »

Pidge mate! Good to hear from you.

This Sebringthing is spiralling out of control! Looks like there's no going back now, so hopefully I should see you there. The offer of hostipality is much appreciated.

As to the flags, whilst I don't have a Welsh one, if Gilles doesn't send you a tricoleur, I have one I'll bring along, although there's some goat footprints on it. The appropriation of said flag famously resulted in my (wrongful) arrest in Alencon. I'll try to avoid such problems in the States, I don't fancy being roughed up by the troopers.

Can't wait!  Cheesy

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2004, 06:54:07 pm »

Pidge, thanks very much for your kind offer.

Miami looks to be the cheaper option to fly into at the moment.  No doubt we will (hopefully) get ourselves co-ordinated on this side of the pond first.  Could well be 4 newbies.

We don't have a regional flag here in East Anglia but there's plenty of the Stars and Stripes flying at USAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall.
The flag of the Peoples Republic of Hartlepool features a monkey I understand  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2004, 07:13:58 pm »

Pidge,
Just to clarify that you will be arrving at Sebring Wednesday afternoon aren't you. As you said it was best to arrive in Miami Wednesday. Most flights don't arrive until the evening in Miami, so hadn't that better be arrive Tuesday evening ?

All the best for Christmas and New Year ! See ya soon.

Regards
Chris

PS. Will Dave, Mary, Lucy and Katie be joining us again ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: