Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 10:19:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 134967 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:17:14 pm »

www.sebringraceway.com

Dates are March 16 - 19.

Just been on the phone to my favourite oceanside hotel in Daytona and it turns out that Bike Week ends on the previous weekend.

Provisional plan is therefore travel from UK on Friday 12th, hire a sports car again, stay someplace grotty on the Friday then set off for Daytona early on Sat 13th to catch the end of Bike Week (which goes on until Sunday).

Then stay in Daytona for the start of Spring Break week, leaving to reach the track on Wednesday afternoon, as this year. Pidge has kindly offered to host the European contingent, as usual.

Anyone else thinking about going? The room at the hotel is a double so unless I get lucky (how many times have I said that?) I will have a spare bed, for a small fee!

However, nothing is booked yet as I am still waiting to see if my free flight would get me to New Orleans for the Mardi Gras! It expires on 28 Feb so will otherwise go begging.

Gilles, George, come on down, you know you'll love it.

I'm assuming that Chris and the Moose will be in attendance.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 06:15:43 pm »

Still thinking flying across the pond...
... but my professionnal timetable table and my "personnal requirement" may both change my dream !  Wink

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Fax
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 06:28:39 pm »

Hi Smoke,
Goes without saying Matt, Dave & I will be there come raceday, after our usual quiet evening with a few light beverages and full nights sleep...
John
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 06:37:06 pm »

Smokie:

Just so you know, that wasn't yoghurt on the walls, floor and bedspread left by the Sons of Satan Hells Angels Chapter after BikeWeek the last time you were over!

The hotels I've been in on the strip have left me with nightmares.  About 4-5 years ago we decided to stop at a hotel and looked at about 10 before we found one that didn't have visible DNA.

At this time I think Matt, Fax and I plan to  be at Sebring.  I've lost the plot with Rolex though.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 11:56:25 pm »

Dave's right - Daytona Beach hotels are skanky and scary - and one or two of 'em have been seriously damaged by this summer's hurricanes (Adams Mark, in particular).
Orlando has a much bigger choice and the hygene standards are more appropriate - family hotels v's stoned bikers/young, dumb, full of cum from spring break.
Sebring is a given - and living so close by, the Rolex is in my plan too.
Not what it was, I grant you, but still 24 hours on the lash, open fires in the infield, racing through the night - and the best tit bar on the Atlantic coast.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 12:18:36 am »

" family hotels v's stoned bikers/young, dumb, full of cum from spring break"

...having 1) spent my summer holiday in a family hotel and 2) a week away from the family, the stoned dumb spring breakers are more appealing....

As I saw last year, from my oceanside room  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 02:42:32 pm »

All power to you Smokes - just leave your black-light at home and wear your wellies in the shower.
Looking forward to seeing you again in't new year.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 02:31:19 pm »

Okay guys,
Now that the Aston Martin DBR9 looks to be for real, I'm fairly certain that Sebring will mark its debut.  Here's your chance to go wave the flag for a real British racer (not a dressed up Audi) and collect a nice sunburn to boot.  Time to break out the Union Jack shreddies and book those March flights to Florida.
John
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 04:13:32 am »

Good promo there Fax.  If Aston Martin are to be taken seriously then ofcourse they must be a Sebring. I would like to see it run in GTS as the  Corvette C-6 will also be new so a chance for some graet racing.
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 07:18:43 pm »

OK I`m in! Just booked Munich-Miami from March 10-21. Look forward to meeting up with some old faces Moose, Pidge, Dave and Les and meeting Fax and the Harpers. Hopefully my old MB Shithouse camping buddy the Smokester will be accompanying me(Smokie, that`s flight BA207 that you gotta book!). Pidge, probably need a ride after the race to Miami and of course looking forward to your world renown cooking. Won`t need a tent or such since I will be meeting up with my brother who lives outside Orlando, he`s got all the gear. Will bring beer money and clean nappies as requested. Anyone else?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 12:01:00 am »

Whay Hey - we have a party!!!

George - your flight back is 21st? Not 20th?

I'll call you tomorrow/Tuesday
Fax
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 04:06:06 am »

Excellent news there GAB, looking forward to throwing back a few beers with you in sunny Florida.  Got to admit after looking at the new DBR9, it looks like a GTS car to me.  A bit too burly and trick looking for a GT contender.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 04:08:07 am »

Hi GAB,
           That's a hell of a way to break cover Roll Eyes
good to hear you are coming. In case I have not said so already I will be there. Is this brother of yours coming to the race too?
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 06:50:25 am »

Fax, beers, sunny Florida and racing...doesn`t get any better.
Smokie, flight back is BA206 on Monday March 21, cheaper for me than Sunday the 20th. flight.
Phil, my brother will also be in attendance, he also enjoys beers, sunny Florida and racing, I have been a good influence on him Wink
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 01:29:31 am »

Hi,
Nothing booked yet, but you can bet I will be there in March !

Regards
Chris
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: