Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 02:35:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 134951 times)
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 12:37:24 am »

Fax, beers, sunny Florida and racing...doesn`t get any better.
Smokie, flight back is BA206 on Monday March 21, cheaper for me than Sunday the 20th. flight.
Phil, my brother will also be in attendance, he also enjoys beers, sunny Florida and racing, I have been a good influence on him Wink
Oh my god not a Gab mark 2, do not get him on the low flyers just yet, only one place to down them and that is LM, you lucky sods, enjoy and both come back in one piece as we need the german beer in june.
sick as a parrot.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 07:20:56 am »

Actually Brian this brother is GAB Mark 3, and since the Liverpool Boys own the exclusive international marketing rights to low flyers, I shall respect your wish and not introduce him to the magic elixir on grounds foreign to LM Lips Sealed. Thanks for your concern about our safekeeping while away, sure we shall be OK as we have planned relatively harmless activeties while in the Sunshine state. Smokie is all excited to try out his new DNA identification kit that he has recently purchased for the Bike Week portion of our excursion Cheesy. If Dave Harper is correct then Smokester should have plenty of fresh samples to analyse Grin. I shall be tending my brothers rose garden, I`m hoping for an early bloom of his recently planted Dusky Dark Lady, should be exciting, don`t you agree WinkHuh
Fax
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 03:39:48 pm »

On the subject of Sebring, looks like the November classic the weekend of the 19th-21st should be large fun.  Matt, Pidge and any of the locals might want to think of heading down to Hendrick's Field for the day.  Nice entry, 250 cars!
Fax
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2004, 01:16:14 am »

Ok, I have just e mailed Smokie and Pidge but thought I would post a question on here as well.

Is anyone travelling down to Sebring on Wednesday and returning on the Sunday after the race that lives in the Orlando area that could pick me up and drop me off again ?

I could get a ride back after the race Saturday night but would miss all the post race fun and partying, and couldn't help Pidge disassemble the camp site on Sunday.

Thanks.
Chris
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2004, 01:33:24 am »

Ok, I have just e mailed Smokie and Pidge but thought I would post a question on here as well.

Is anyone travelling down to Sebring on Wednesday and returning on the Sunday after the race that lives in the Orlando area that could pick me up and drop me off again ?

I could get a ride back after the race Saturday night but would miss all the post race fun and partying, and couldn't help Pidge disassemble the camp site on Sunday.

Thanks.
Chris

Chris, just the man!!!

Smokie has suggested that I ask you about your itinery and for a rough idea of cost. As you go for a shorter period than Smokie does, hence avoiding the car hire and hotel bills, I was wondering what you estimate the cost of the trip to be??

I've wanted to do Sebring for the last couple of years and there's something about seeing the debut of the Astons (and the chance of meeting up with some fellow CA-ers) that's telling me 2005 is the year to do it!!  Smiley

Thanks

Mark
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 03:00:40 am »

Hi JP,
        of course 2005 is the year to make the crossing.
the track opens on Wednesday bu for a shorter stay arrive for Thursday afternoon to catch night practice .
As it takes a week to watch a 24hr race it would seem reasonable to allow 4 days for 12 hours. Unlike Le Mans
Sebring has a full card of support races not to mention
the partying. If you want to see anything else of Florida you will need some time either before or after the race.
It's bigger than it looks Shocked
Canada Phil
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004, 03:07:45 am »

Hi JP,
        Can't sleep Huh Huh
Canada Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2004, 03:12:01 am »

Hi JP,
        of course 2005 is the year to make the crossing.
the track opens on Wednesday bu for a shorter stay arrive for Thursday afternoon to catch night practice .
As it takes a week to watch a 24hr race it would seem reasonable to allow 4 days for 12 hours. Unlike Le Mans
Sebring has a full card of support races not to mention
the partying. If you want to see anything else of Florida you will need some time either before or after the race.
It's bigger than it looks Shocked
Canada Phil

Thanks Phil

Sorry I missed you at LM in June. Maybe did meet you at the "poo" bar on Saturday (vague recollection of someone like you) but I really can't be certain!!

Thanks for the tips! What sort of support races are there likely to be? What happens on the Wednesday?? Is there a funfair etc USA style in case I have to bring the missus and kids (girls aged 12 and Cool <very unlikely> Hoping to get the Brother In Law who now lives in Denver to meet me there!!

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 03:24:49 am »

Hi JP,
        I was at te poo bash however had consumed much Champagne by then. The girls may like the Mouse in Orlando better. Hope your brother in law can make it too no problem with tickets as they sell at the gate and we will have a camp set up.
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 07:03:28 am »

Hey Chris,

Not sure what my exact plans are, but there is a chance that I may be able to help you with a ride from and/or to Orlando. It`s a wee bit too early since Sebring is still 4 months away. I will be splitting my prerace time with my brother in Orlando and Smokie in Daytona, just not sure yet on what days. If nothing else comes up for you then PM me end of February or so.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 04:47:46 pm »

I too can help with transportation/logistics if needs be. I live in metro Orlando. Dave H, Fax and I are not so keen on the pre-race activities at Hendrick Field. Wed through Sat morning out at Sebring would be a little to medieval for me, I'm afraid.
We usually head out there early on Saturday morning and miraculously sober-up and thump it back to O'town after the race. That said, I would be happy to help out fellow CA contributors, by running them down to the circuit from Orlando earlier in the week if that would help.
JPC - if you need to check-out friendly deals on Disney hotels etc., let me know - one of my colleagues has connections - we can usually get $150 per night rooms for around $50 - and we owe you for the Houx favour this year. Let me know what I can do.
To anyone who's interested in doing this race - it is a true classic and flights to Orlando are not pricey in March. Shout-up if you need any pointers, local knowledge, car-rental, advance tickets (not neccessary unless you go for the pit-box super-tickets - worth it, if you want to get right above the action).
Don't forget, there are two airports in the Orlando metro area - OIA is where all the scheduled flights come in - but you can often get a killer deal by flying in on a charter (Britannia, Air Tours, My Travel etc) to Orlando Sanford - 40 mins north of Downtown Orlando.
Like I said, I'd be happy to help, if needed.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2004, 11:06:37 am »

Thought about this one...

But have just confirmed my place for a week in Hing Kong, at the Rugby World Cup 7's in Hing Kong, 15 - 22nd MArch 2005 !!

Yee Har

Take life by the horns and live it.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2004, 06:13:52 am »

Gauntlet for Powermite,
                                      Kirk says if you can convince AJ to come to Sebring he will bring and cook the "RIBS"
Adds new meaning to the term "piging out" doesn't it  Roll Eyes Grin  A feast with Cars and Beer in the Florida Sun.
Come on you know you ant to.
Canada Phil
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2004, 05:31:32 am »

Hi Powermite,
                     Any response  Huh Who can resist Pidgeon eggs and Bacon Cool That's Grade A Large Chicken Eggs cooked by Pidgeon. JP Chanet have you got your act together yet?
Canada Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2004, 11:41:30 am »

Hi Powermite,
                     Any response  Huh Who can resist Pidgeon eggs and Bacon Cool That's Grade A Large Chicken Eggs cooked by Pidgeon. JP Chanet have you got your act together yet?
Canada Phil

Probably won't be abel to commit until nearer the time due to heavy work commitments but it's looking promising!!  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: