Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 11:07:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 133801 times)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 16, 2005, 05:35:33 pm »

I'm so jealous of the guys that are going, not to mention that i have NTL instead of Sky and they don't even have Motors TV. Does anyone know any sportscar loving pub landlords in the Norwich area???

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 16, 2005, 08:51:08 pm »

As you may have guessed, I am seriously jealous of you guys, but have a good time anyway (of course you will!), Had a serious disappointment on a TVR today (see the other thread) so even more in the dumps. Cry Cry
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 16, 2005, 09:47:42 pm »

I guess Eurosport isn't showing anything either. There's only DSC left then. I hope those of us who attend don't only drink and chase fun but have a story to tell and show once they're back.  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 16, 2005, 10:17:05 pm »

I'm also very jealous of those who are going, my other half is out there taking piccies.  

The Motors TV coverage looks great (sorry to those who don't have it!)  

There is the ALMS web radio though, it's got to be better than the GrandAM Daytona coverage!  

http://americanlemans.com/home/index.aspx
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 16, 2005, 10:49:51 pm »

Cheers Piglet, at least the weather seems to be better over here. I might as well go outside...  ...and test my own LM facilities Grin Only four weeks until LMES 1 at Spa-Francorchamps... that'll be me life.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 10:53:25 pm by hgb » Logged

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2005, 08:36:06 am »

Cheers Piglet, at least the weather seems to be better over here. I might as well go outside...  ...and test my own LM facilities Grin Only four weeks until LMES 1 at Spa-Francorchamps... that'll be me life.

I think it's pretty warm and humid in Florida but they have had some rain, i had a text from Happy Snapper yesterday to say that it was 6am and he was sitting on the pit wall watching the sun rise over the empty track.....that made me feel better - not!  

I can't even go to Spa LMES, I stupidly managed to double book myself with trucks at Pembrey  Sad Sad

I'm going to have my ownnearly 24 hours on Saturday/Sunday anyway  Silverstone all day for the Marshal's club day (I've got a spare ticket for this if anyone wants to shout quickly for it), then home to the sofa for the remains of Sebring - can't wait!  Grin
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2005, 08:16:03 pm »

Don't know wheter this is earth-quacking news, but I just read on motorstv.co.uk>>

NEWS > All news > Auto racing

All the series’ except those given priority by Motors TV.

Aston goes official with MC12 protest  

Aston Martin has officially protested the validity of entry of the Maserati MC12 for the Sebring 12-Hours.

Prodrive boss David Richards, who is in charge of the Aston Martin DBR9 programme, which makes its debut at the ALMS season opener at Sebring, had previously promised to “take whatever action was appropriate” to prevent Maserati competing until their car achieves homologation, stating that the decision to let them run was “sticking two fingers up at genuine participants.”

The protest was received by Race Director Marty Kauffman on Tuesday afternoon, and a protest hearing decision will be handed down no later than this afternoon (Thursday) local time. "This is not directed at a manufacturer, it is about the protocol in which we go forward in this sport, Richards continued. “It's our belief at Aston Martin that we have invested a lot to come here and build the cars and look toward the future of GT1”.

“It is very clear that regulations [should] be strictly adhered to because if we keep issuing waivers for different manufacturers we'll never have stability in the sport. It's very important to establish that from the outset. We welcome the competition, but only on an equal basis. Unless we get stability, we won't attract new manufacturers."

Maserati Sporting President Claudio Berro was unrepentant; while acknowledging the protest had be made, he noted: "We received an invitation from IMSA to race and we accepted it. The ACO and FIA recently came together for the same rules and regulations and we comply within the FIA regulations. The ACO says there is a 66mm difference between GT1 cars and our car and seven to 10 kilos.

“We are not concerned about the protest. We will respect IMSA's decision.” ton Martin has officially protested the validity of entry of the Maserati MC12 for the Sebring 12-Hours.

Party on, dude Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 20, 2005, 10:14:56 pm »

Anyone home yet ? That wasn't the cake, was it Huh Oh crap, I'm frustrated. Undecided Bad result for Rollcentre but there's hope they're still taking something home. I wished it was silverware but instead it's hopefully good faith and lots of new ideas. Roll on Spa... with real Belgian cake it should run a lot better. Heads up for the 1000 KMs in three weeks... where's the Spa thread ?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: