Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 12:07:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 134973 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 13, 2005, 12:46:49 am »

Hmmmmm, just checked he long range weather forecast amd it predicts 30/40% chance of rain Weds, thru Fri!!  Angry

Matt, what's the local report??
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 13, 2005, 05:34:26 am »

Chance of rain Weds/Thurs - should be fine - mid/high 70's for the race weekend. Don't forget your drinking boots.....

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2005, 07:00:16 pm »

Hi Guys,
Spoke with a friend yesterday who has some connections down in the town of Sebring and said that the locals are saying the advance ticket sales have way exceeded previous sales and they are anticipating a raceday crowd of perhaps 250,000.  Everyone who is a sporstcar racing fan should take delight in this, whether your going to be there or not.  This means the sport we all love is alive, healthy and well as long as the classics like Sebring and Le Mans continue to draw massive attendance figures.  To all who are going to be there, can't wait to see you guys, its always nice to share an experience like this with good friends.  Don't forget the sunblock and shades! Cool
Fax
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2005, 09:58:17 pm »

They're all obviously wexcited abouit the Aston John!!  Wink Grin

Seriously though, it's great to know that our sport is thriving. More and more people must be realising that there are still some events where racing takes pace rather than the fiasco procesion known as F1!!
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 14, 2005, 03:32:09 pm »

Although I am still in Texas right now, I'm really at Sebring.  I will be leaving Tuesday afternoon for the trip down to Florida.  If there is anything I need to pack for any of you, please let me know today.  I will do the final packing this evening and leave straight from work tomorrow.  I am bringing two tents and two sleeping bags for anyone who needs to use them.
John
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2005, 04:35:54 pm »

We're flying out tomorrow as well John. Like you, I'm trying to concentrate on things to hand but my mind is elsewhere (it's a bit like the whole of the month leading up to Le Mans!!)  Smiley

Not sure about any of the others, but Steve, Andy and I all have sleeping bags that roll up into a negligable sized bag so we've packed our own. I really don't think it would be fair to put my sweaty body inside someone elses unless it was going to be hygeinically destroyed afterwards!  Wink

The tents will be very much appreciated. Although if they are much cheaer than in the UK I amy buy a new one ready for Le Mans anyway!!  Cheesy

See you all on Wednesday!!!!
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2005, 05:01:58 pm »

Have a pleasant hop over the pond and a cracker of a time. God, am I envious...  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 14, 2005, 05:03:44 pm »

Have a pleasant hop over the pond and a cracker of a time. God, am I envious...  Grin

I'm sure there are some deals on lastminute.com!!!  Wink
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 14, 2005, 06:27:52 pm »

Hmmmmm, just checked he long range weather forecast amd it predicts 30/40% chance of rain Weds, thru Fri!!  Angry

Matt, what's the local report??

12.30 Monday 14th Orlando FL
We're having some serious weather here - and no error - absolutely slashing down (this seems to be a total deja-vu on last year) - never mind - the forecast for the weekend is superb - but I wouldn't want to be camping out in this sh*t! (Good foe my lawn, of course!)

For those who intend to golf prior to heading out to the track, I won't know until 5.30pm my time, if I can get the deal on the high-end golf club venue, depends if my contact is working there on Weds - I'll PM tonight.
See you at OIA Tues evening

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 14, 2005, 06:45:24 pm »

No problem Matt. I guess 5.30pm your time is 10.30 here so I'll probably be packing!!  Smiley

We'll play somewhere or other hopefully anyway so we'll need to bring the golf shoes even if we don't get to play at the quality course. Where is it by the way? Is it to far to consider driving there from Sebring on the Thursday or Friday?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2005, 09:31:48 pm »

I'm not a golfer, but have it on good authority that this course is the sh*t. It's Orange County National - www.ocngolf.com
It's just northwest of Walt Disney World.
I'll know if I can get the discount  in a couple of hours - I'll call your cell, Mark

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 14, 2005, 10:12:28 pm »

It's just northwest of Walt Disney World.

Alright, you better all confess now. That is the real reason for you to hop over the pond...  Grin Have a good one. Cheesy

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 14, 2005, 10:24:45 pm »

I can assure you Hans Gerd, no matter what the weather is like, and no matter what else we get up to, I have no intention of going to see the rodent!!!  Wink
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2005, 02:46:06 pm »

Well, JPC, Andy and Steve made it into rainy O'town last night, in fine fettle and obviously having taken advantage of Continental Airlines in-flight hospitality - apparently they pissed-off a few of their fellow passengers with their communal singing.
We had a relaxed dinner, accompanied by a few cold beers and just when I thought they were falling asleep into their puddings, they got a collective second wind and were very receptive to the idea of visiting one of the local and particularly skanky ("We like skanky" - JPC) Irish bars. Several Nigerian Lagers later, I left them to it. They are still there, for all I know.
We're just waiting for stragglers, Rick Cutler, Fax and Hazleggs and we'll be set.

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: March 16, 2005, 03:47:16 pm »

Have fun there guys. I'll try and spot you on MotorsTV Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: