Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 02:23:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 135789 times)
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2004, 08:40:10 pm »

First ....... Embarrassed my apologies for starting a new Sebring page. This Polock just don't pay attention.
 Roll Eyes    
     Cool  I'm thinking that anytime a group may arrive by early Wednesday evening they can be gathered up at the airport and together we can take the 2 hour ride to Sebring. We can set up when we arrive probably no later than 9 PM MAXIMUM. I saw mention of funds possibly being a problem for some of the guys so arriving on Wed. evening saves a cost of a hotel room.
       Remember, I want to make arrangements for the tickets ordered thru me to be left at the 'will call' area so no one will have to wait to get in to the track like they did last year.
     And Andy's Zarse    Geez ........ when Gilles reads that you stomped his flag he's gonna be pissed.
    About the flags ... well,  bring what you think is appropriate. The way there are 20 gazillion Brit flags at LM, there will be 200 gazillion 'rebel' flags and American flags at Sebring.
rcutler
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2004, 09:27:07 pm »

Damn you guys I really want to come to Sebring!!

I will be checking funds and flights in the next week.

I have a Bentley, Union Flag, St Georges Cross, Heineken Flag and I am sure I can find a few more!!! Not far from wales so shall steal one of those off the severn bridge!!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2004, 09:50:45 pm »

I live approx one and a half hours north east of the circuit.
With all respect to Pidge (who I've met a number of times now, both at Sebring and Daytona) Miami Int., isn't the obvious airport for Sebring, as far as I'm concerned. I'd use Orlando International, Tampa, or Orlando Sanford. The latter is a 'charter' destination (Airtours, Britannia, My Travel etc). Assuming you're prepared to slum-it with the white-leggers coming over to see The Mouse, you will probably save a good chunk of cash vs a scheduled service. Of the schedule airlines, I recommend Virgin Atlantic, direct, from Gatwick or Manchester into OIA - or US Airways, into OIA via Philadelphia. Both are good value and good service.
I book a lot of hotel accommodation for my US dealers in O'town, so I can get some quite aggressive room rates at swanky Disney hotels or decent downtown places too.
As stated earlier, I don't have the stomach to live at the circuit for several days beforehand - a bit pointless for me - but given that lodging is so dirt cheap here and the pound is so strong v US$, I wouldn't think it's much of an issue. Don't bring tents/bags - they cost piss-all here - but do bring something waterproof. The circuit is quite exposed and can get windy - if it rains, it comes at you sideways.
Dave H and Fax usually occupy my guest rooms on the Friday before and immediately after the race, but I'd be open-minded to putting a roof over the heads of 2 civilised CAers for a couple of days prior to the race. I also have a very large Dodge pick-up, in addition to my 2 seater, so I could do a little fetching and carrying also if needed.
Smokey, if you'd like me to organise something a little more 'executive' than Daytona beachfront, I'd be happy to - though if the lure of trailer-trash, jail-bait and biker-momma's is just too great, stop by Lollipops - it's the best tit-bar in Volusia County (the strippers outnumber the punters, which is pretty f**k*ng funny).
Additionally, I'll be over at Daytona for Bike Week. We've had two 1800cc Honda Runes delivered here, so me and the owner of one (I'm neither!) of them plan to scoot over and see how they sit, next to the rows and rows of Hardly Movingsons.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2004, 09:57:43 pm »

f**k*ng Hell!
We're expecting ten inches of snow and bitter cold (lows around zero the next few nights) over the next couple of days...
Is it March yet?
John
Fax
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2004, 10:13:16 pm »

Even though its a sportscar race I guarantee that the Earnhardt flags will out-number all the others put together.
Fax
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2004, 04:26:18 am »

Cool
 I agree    Miami Int., isn't the obvious airport for Sebring, One can use Orlando International, Tampa, or Orlando Sanford as the destination..
But I think it may be the most convenient in how often planes leave from .... the most places in Europe and the UK  ...... and fly non-stop. Undecided
Alsooooooooooooo the cost may be less expensive.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2004, 05:08:00 am »

Whey Hey! some interest here Shocked
My views mostly agree with what has been said already.
Camp cooking will be no problem and Paper plates and plastic forks will be fine. I suggest if you have a compact sleeping bag bring it. A decent rain suit as Matt pointed out and Smokie witnessed while it does not rain often it does come down hard for a short time and
a couple of inches in a couple of hours makes a hell of a mess when the wind is just howling. soon settles down and the sun comes out. Then the ground steams for a while Grin Grin Airports, Any Florida airport will do. Tampa is my favorite though on the wrong side of the state still only 1 1/2 hours from Sebring. Rides are easier from Miami and Orlando because that is where people live.
Lots of things to see and do before or after the race.
Shaping up to be a great event CA's and good racing.
Canada Phil  
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2004, 05:17:36 am »

Hey GAB,    
               Chime in any time. You are still lurking out there aren't you Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2004, 07:14:03 am »

I´m here Phil, just watching the Sebring guest list grow and with the peace of mind that my air tickets are paid for, my accommodations are reserved, and best of all I won`t have to sleep in the same tent as you and Smokie! Counting the days down, can`t wait to get out of cold, snowy Munich. See you all soon.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2004, 07:41:12 am »

Pidge, again thanks for your hospitality, looking forward to your redneck breakfast buffet. Will be bringing with me a flag from the "Free State of Bayern", it`s a bit nicer looking (in my opinion) than the black, red, gold of the german flag although HGB and Werner may not agree to that. I will be taking you up on the ride offer to Miami after the race, I will be flying back to Munich on Monday evening so the lift will come in handy. Look forward to actually seeing you this time since we never caught up with one another during my visit to Dave and Mary`s place this past summer. If there are any earlybirds thinking about flying in a bit sooner, Smokie and I will be flying on March 10, flight number BA 207 from Heathrow to Miami. Sure there are still seats open, come join us for Bike Week in Daytona.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2004, 10:28:25 am »

Grin THE PRODIGAL HAS RETURNED Grin
HERE'S WHAT I CAN DO.
            I CAN PURCHASE THE TICKETS SAVING EACH $10.00 U.S. FOR A 4 DAY TICKET ($75.00 U.S.) PAYABLE WHEN YOU GET HERE IN DOLLARS, EUROS OR UK POUNDS (EXCEPT FOR CANADA PHIL . FOR HIM .... HE PAYS IN CHIVAS REGAL) SEE SMOKIE  ABOUT THIS. HE AND I ARE IN TOUCH.

Thanks to curerency rate between Euro and Dollar, Sebring could be affordable enough to plan an overseas migration.

However, would you appreciate not a Chivas Regal but some Fine wines and/or liquors ??

Gilles

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2004, 11:21:48 am »

Hi Pidge!
Do you think I should pack my Heat?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2004, 02:46:30 pm »

To Gilles .............. absolutely OUI.  Fine wines will be accepted  BUT  only if you deliver them yourself.

To Big H ... At Sebring the only 'heat' is the weather itself.  You might pack a good stout branch or club 'cause the rednecks will be there.
   But in all of the 30+ years I have been going to Sebring I have only personally seen one fight. It was the year that they allowed a traveling carnival in (probably leased for the occasion). The fist-fight (and it was a good one) was between two carny people.
    The carnival never returned after that because too many people complained about the few simple games of chance (like floating ducks with 'winning' numbers on the bottom ... and race horses running up the wall) were rigged.
     All in all .............. Sebring is a pleasant BLAST.
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2004, 02:59:23 pm »

8)Speaking of a growing list ...............
I have orders for 5 tickets from three countries and three British 'counties' to be left at the 'will call' area at the main gate.
Anybody else want a ticket payable when you get there??. (ain't I the honest one)  Grin They must be ordered by Feb. 28 in order to save $10.00
Check with Smokie. He and I are in touch. If you do want me to order them for you I'll need complete names and addresses so you can pick them up when you arrive. Cool
Fax
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2004, 03:29:38 pm »

Sebring is also a favorite of the drivers and teams.  Last year Matt, Dave & I caught Jan Magnasan drinking beer and hanging out with the Cunningham Corner hell-raiser's after his Vette went out of the race.  JJ Lehto and Butch Leitzinger have been known to frequent the green park during race week as well.
John
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: