Club Arnage
May 18, 2024, 01:37:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Le Mans Guide 2007: Your input is needed - New editorial team  (Read 117321 times)
nickliv
« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2007, 08:05:03 pm »

Last year our credit cards didn't work at Super U's petrol station in arnage when we realised we had 32 miles worth of motion lotion in the tank. Probably best to carry cash, so you can cajole a local into using theirs and you pay them in cash, plus a bit extra of course.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:27:52 pm by nickliv » Logged
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2007, 08:54:49 am »

The Champion at Moncι en Belin - not far south of Arnage - is open every Sunday morning. I'll be at Champion Mulsanne today and will ask if they have any idea what is going on as regards supermarkets. The big Carrefour and Leclerc at Allonnes will definitely be closed though. One good bit of news is that in some areas of France recently I have found petrol pumps that accept any credit card but not yet at Le Mans as far as I know. On the motorway north of Le Mans they have ominously started the american system for filling up - pay first with your card or give say 50€ and the pump stops at that. So if you find yourself standing like a tw@t waiting for the pump to turn on - it won't until you have prepaid.

If you need any more help Werner just ask.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2007, 10:52:35 am »

If you need any more help Werner just ask.

Thanks a lot, there'll be some iinfo about this topic in the travel chapter of the guide.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2007, 01:05:05 pm »

Champion at Mulsanne will definitely be closed on the Le Mans Sunday. I shall be passing the Super U at Arnage later this week and I'll ask there
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2007, 11:08:06 pm »

Chapter 23 "Bars and Restaurants" at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/caguide2007/c23-barsandrestaurants.pdf has been declared finished. Special thanks to Dobbo, SmithA and lynxd67.

Cheers

Werner

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2007, 08:01:39 am »

If you can change it a bit Werner I persuaded the Boule d'Or yesterday to put fish and chips on the menu for the duration!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2007, 08:51:47 am »

If you can change it a bit Werner I persuaded the Boule d'Or yesterday to put fish and chips on the menu for the duration!

As this is essential for survival for many Brits, I'll add it to the guide Grin Grin

DeanoX
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2007, 01:54:42 pm »

Sorry - Idea that has already been covered.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 01:56:42 pm by DeanoX » Logged
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2007, 03:28:47 pm »

Oh, and I can find no reference to the Bounty south of Mulsanne who are doing gargantuan english breakfasts! I sen you the details.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2007, 03:38:45 pm »

Oh, and I can find no reference to the Bounty south of Mulsanne who are doing gargantuan english breakfasts! I sen you the details.

This will be put in the campsite section together with a description of their campsite; including your comment about the breakfast Wink

lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »

Oh, and here is something for the shoppers:-

For those of you who come but once a year (as the saying goes) you'll be surprised to learn that half way down the Mulsanne straight on the left (opposite Leroy Merlin) they have built a new shopping centre similar to that at Auchan north of Le Mans. It isn't open yet but will be for the race and there are 88 new shops there. I don't know what yet since they are still building it but it might be worth a look if you are looking for things. There are certainly several new restaurants in there though. For the moment though, although there are rumours, Carrefour are staying where they are. From Maison Blanche turn left to the roundabout and left again, straight on until the Mulsanne straight and it's opposite.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2007, 05:47:11 pm »

Possible typo spotted

"Arnage
Next to the fountain in the middle next to the fountain on the roundabout is a bar/cigarette shop"

How many fountains are there?

Keep up the good work

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2007, 05:48:27 pm »

Oh, and the Bugatti Bar is about a mile north of the circuit. Aux Ported du Circuit is 300yds.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2007, 09:25:45 pm »

Oh, and the Bugatti Bar is about a mile north of the circuit. Aux Ported du Circuit is 300yds.

Thanks a lot, I'll fix all of that

Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2007, 11:19:28 pm »

The fountain is normally turned off during race week so might not be the best landmark to use. There were some particularly high spirited high jinxs there 3 years ago and since then the fountain has been dry.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: